--arbitration ] skinned by novia of rcr and shadowplay.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to City In Chaos. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome

BETRAYAL!

This is the only word that will describe future events in our fair city! Cast aside like a once beloved toy thats been grown out of, the Guild may be booted from their seat of power in Alexandria. How can this possibly happen, you may be asking yourself? Perhaps it is best to start at the beginning.

You see, there is a woman named Serania Michaels. To all outward appearances, she has it all - fame, power, money, and a killer figure to boot. However, it isn't enough to satisfy this certified genius, who also happens to be woefully insane - why does it always seem that the pretty ones are also completely batshit? But I digress... Getting back to the point, Sera's power comes from not only her position as CEO of Montmayne Engineering but also from her pyrokinetic ability.

Oh, did I forget to mention that she's a super villain? Yeah, that's kind of important.

Where was I? Oh yes, I remember now. A highly persuasive (completely psychotic) meta is in charge of a prosperous weapons research facility, and when the military gives said crazy woman several contracts, it's like giving her a green card to attempt to take over the world.

At her side is the man formerly known as Nick Stone but more famously known as Nimbus, supposed leader of all villains in Alexandria. Tragedy has turned this fire-fighting family man into a ruthless killer and his status as figurehead for villains has made him public enemy number one. Not bad for a 31 year old guy who, until a few months ago, had never so much as been in a drunken fistfight.

With Sera controlling behind the scenes and Nimbus raining terror down on Alexandria in the limelight, it's no wonder the Heroes Guild won't see the threat to their status as protectors until the plan is set in motion. What is the plan? Could the city possibly be stupid enough to evict the only people standing between them and total annihilation? That, as they say, is entirely up to you.

Setting

Alexandria is the perfect city. Clean, friendly, and extremely prosperous. This city is, was, and always will be the pinnacle of achievement. But things are changing in Alexandria, street by street, hour by hour, the city is being sucked into darkness. Entire blocks are succumbing to poverty, to disrepair, and no one will step up to fix it..

Cbox

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )   newreply   newtopic   newpoll

Gonna Let Your [Love] Carry Me Away
Leslie Lo
Posted: Feb 10 2009, 03:08 PM

Sense & Sensibility
Group Icon

Group: Hero (Admin)
Member No.: 13

The first thing that was buzzing in her mind was how the hell did Athena know that Rapport and Leslie were the same? Was there a mole in the Guild? Some leak?

The second thing was that this was one fire bitch that totally underestimated what Leslie could do. She may not be able to torch things or lift cars with a single finger or even walk on walls, but Leslie could hear Athena's every breath and feel her every move. Just by concentrating a little more, she could even watch every second pass by in almost slow motion.

And that's how Leslie knew.

Scrambling to her feet in a split second, she ran for cover and away from Athena's attack though the heat of the flames tickled her skin.

"Ugh, how disappointing. You're a witty one, aren't you? But you apparently aren't too smart. If you don't want to face me... I will just have to burn you out."

Breathing hard and leaning against a thick tree, Leslie looked towards where the crazy woman was and begin formulating a plan. "Leslie, where are you? This park is huge."

Jake! She was still holding on to her phone and she spoke right into it. "Just follow the fire!" The hissing grew louder and then the burning smell crept upon her. "Shit!" picking herself up again, Leslie ran as far as she could and tried pinpointing where Athena stood from the corner of her eye.

Knowing exactly where she was, she made a sudden sharp turn, tucking her phone back into her pocket, and with one quick move, she was behind Athena. "Hey," she called out and before Athena could summon back her flames, Leslie threw a punch, a high kick, and then sweeping the villain off the floor--heightened senses were only more useful when trained in martial arts.

Hopefully, that dazed her enough giving Leslie the chance to make a quick escape. She'll have to settle the score when things were more even. Retrieving her phone again, Leslie hoped he was still on the line, "Running towards the pond, and I sincerely hope you parked nearby because we really need to run!" This was certainly going to be a hard one to explain to him.

--------------------
user posted image
Remember when, we never needed each other; The best of friends like; Sister and Brother; We understood, we'd never be; Alone; Those days are gone, and I want you so much; I never meant to feel this way
Jake Granville
Posted: Mar 12 2010, 03:06 PM

`MOLECULARLY PERFECT
Group Icon

Group: Neutral (Admin)
Member No.: 10

"Just follow the fire!"

"Follow the fire?!" He grumbled as he sprinted toward the glow in the distance. His heart raced in his chest as he ran for her. Everything he knew or hid didn't matter as much to him as getting to her and getting her out safe and sound. "Leslie, you need to run. Not talk shit!"

Why would someone attack Leslie? Was it simply because? Would they kill her? It didn't make sense. Unless there was something he didn't know about her. In which case...

He shook himself. It didn't matter because he was going to get her out in time. He know she could take care of herself but she has has him to help her and he was not going to get her down. She needed his help and that was exactly he intended to do. It gave him the adrenaline he needed for an extra boost of energy.

"Shit!"

He heard the curse in his earpiece and in the air as he moved closer, rushing toward the sound. She was definitely not safe and from the growing orange that was illuminating part of the park, she was close to getting hurt. He couldn't let that happen. Not when he could save her. He could heal, albeit not with out excruciating pain but he would heal.

Les, he knew, was not like him. That much he was sure of. Many paper cuts and her asking him to open things for her over the last few years had proved that. He rather liked it that way. Still, he wasn't ready to test whether or not his powers could be used to heal other people yet. Not to mention he wasn't ready to inflict that much pain on Leslie.

Jake ran hard, his body propelled by the adrenaline pumping through him, needing to be sure he got there in time. And he was in time, alright. Just in time to see Leslie's unknown assailant get knocked off her f- "Bloody hell! Is she on fire?" He spoke without thinking, stunned at the fiery display. How the hell was that possible? People didn't just catch on fire and walk around. That was impossible.

"Running towards the pond, and I sincerely hope you parked nearby because we really need to run!"

"Keep running straight!" He rushed toward her and pushed her behind him. "Les? Are you okay?"

His eyes scanned over her and he took a deep breath as he watched the human torch get to her feet again. "Leslie," he said quietly as he pulled her to a nearby tree to shield her from the woman's sight. He may have been visible but that was okay. It didn't matter. "What the hell is going on here? What does this woman want from you? "

--------------------
user posted image
WHY? WHY DOES FATE MAKE US SUFFER?
THERE'S A CURSE BETWEEN US
BETWEEN ME AND YOU
Serania Michaels
Posted: Apr 5 2010, 02:45 PM

`everything B U R N S
Group Icon

Group: Villain (Admin)
Member No.: 9

Athena watch in glee, her dark eyes shimmering in the sparking flames of her "pets" as the little Rapport dove from the flames again. There was just something stress relieving when she watched things burn. Life was so simple for her as Athena. She had no one to impress. No fakes smiles for bureaucrats. No. She could just simply be herself in all her psychotic glory.

She watched the tiny hero speaking into her phone again and smiled. Good. Let help come. When she was done with them, they would be nothing more than a tiny crisp, ashes that would scatter the moment the wind blew. That thought alone was urging her froward. "Yes. Follow the fire! You won't last long just like your pretty little friend." she cackled happily.

What Athena hadn't been prepared for was the surprise attack the little hero gave her. In the process of trying to block the punches and kicks, she was knocked to the ground, her black eyes searing in anger. Her flames fizzled out in shock as she struggled to her feet, watching the woman run. "It won't be that easy, little Rappy," she snarled as the flames once again appeared in her hands.

"Bloody hell! Is she on fire?"

Athena heard the voice of the newcomer and couldn't help but smile. "Welcome, little superhero. Come to rescue your friend, have you? Good. I like a challenge." Sera almost moaned in pleasure as she watched the two heroes meet. Two for the price of one. She watched the new male as he coddled her against the tree his body visible from the tree he'd just shielded Rapport with.

"What the hell is going on here? What does this woman want from you? "

She laughed openly as she purred to her pets. "Sick him, pets. Make him writhe in your power." The flames shot out away from her, the snake-like head of the flames opening their mouths like they were poised to strike. And they did. Just as the man angled his body closer to her, exposing his chest and shoulders. They struck with the full fury Sera possessed and the man was knocked back to the ground, his cry of pain heard over the sizzling of the flames as she recalled them.

The sight never got old, a human in agony. She rather liked it. And she knew that the flames had done a number on his skin. "What do I want?" She asked the question as she walked forward, her hips swaying almost hypnotically, "What does any villain want? The good guys to suffer and humanity to fall to its knees. I am no different."

She enjoyed this. This torture of the innocent. And there was so much more to come. She knew that as the man seemed to calm down and pick himself back up.

--------------------
user posted image
'Till everything burns
While everyone screams
Burning their lies
Burning my dreams
All of this hate
And all of this pain
I'll burn it all down
As my anger reigns
'Till everything burns
Leslie Lo
Posted: Apr 6 2010, 12:46 PM

Sense & Sensibility
Group Icon

As soon as Athena was down on the ground, Leslie broke into a full run, not thinking to look back or check whether she was back on her feet. She could hear everything a thousands time louder now; the adrenaline pumping through her was making things a thousand times more obvious to her. From the wind and even her breathing--and someone else's.

She couldn't have gotten up that fast!

Risking a glance over her shoulder and fearing the worst, she suddenly felt a firm hand pressed against her back.

No!

"Keep running straight! Les? Are you okay?"

Nearly collapsing from relief, Leslie fought hard to keep her pace up and continued running as Jake urged her on from behind. But as fast as the relief came, it was replaced by sheer horror.

It dawned upon her that she had just put him in grave danger. Before she could protest against his presence, as much as she found comfort in it, his strong arms pulled her against a tree and stopping her from fleeing further. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she took in deep gulps of air and looked up at Jake. "Leslie, what the hell is going on here? What does this woman want from you?"

"Me," she answered truthfully and stared at him with fear. Knowing she only had precious seconds, Leslie's mind raced through ways of getting them out of this. Tucking her cellphone into her back pocket, she parted her lips to release the truth that she had been holding back from her close friend for so long. "She's after Rapport. She's after me, Jake. One of the Guild--"

"Sick him, pets. Make him writhe in your power."

The villain's voice had reached Leslie too late. Even as the final word was uttered, no matter how quick she reacted to pull Jake away, it was too late. Struck by the lightning fast fire, Leslie clung on to Jake as he fell to the ground, his cry of agony cutting her deep. Through the tears forming in her eyes, she watched the flames die down but the pain never leaving him. "Jake?" she whispered at him as he laid down, breathing in deeply and eyes shut.

"What do you want from me!" she looked at the bitch while her body instinctively tried shielding him from another attack. This was all her fault. How could she have been this stupid to bring him here?

"What do I want? What does any villain want? The good guys to suffer and humanity to fall to its knees. I am no different."

This made no sense to her. How could anyone's excuse for causing destruction and death was because she enjoyed it? Glancing at Jake once more, she picked herself up and looked straight at Athena. It was time to face the villainess.

By her side, she heard and then felt him move as he rose to his feet. The worry for him wrecked her, but Leslie knew she needed to concentrate on fighting Athena and getting them both out alive.

Even if it was the last thing she did.

--------------------
user posted image
Remember when, we never needed each other; The best of friends like; Sister and Brother; We understood, we'd never be; Alone; Those days are gone, and I want you so much; I never meant to feel this way
Jake Granville
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 04:56 AM

`MOLECULARLY PERFECT
Group Icon

Jake barely had time to react as he spotted the bright flames snap at him. It was pointless. Nothing he could do could make what was coming at him any easier. However, the impact was nothing like he imagined. The pain was paralyzing, searing through his body like a bolt of lightning. Like it were in a dream, he heard someone cry out and if it hadn't been for Leslie, he would have fallen to the ground in pain instantly. Not even his ability to be able to heal this completely and he realized that as he felt the ground under him.

"Jake?"

The voice seemed to drag him back to the present some and he tried to stop the arching of his back. Even as the pain switched to a numbing cold, he slowly stopped moving and his mind faded away for a few. His eyes drifted closed as he tries to heal the damage to his skin and body. There was just one problem. He was distracted by Leslie's haunting words. "She's after Rapport. She's after me, Jake. One of the Guild--"

There wasn't going to be any healing. He couldn't concentrate. Just how much of her life had she been keeping from him? How could she be part of the Heroes Guild and he didn't even realize it? It wasn't possible.

He could feel her small hand on his chest as she tried to stay strong. This wasn't the Leslie he knew. This girl was stronger and fiercer than the girl who he had considered his best friend for years, the girl he'd carried a flame for since he first met her. But that didn't matter. If he couldn't get to his feet, she would die. Not matter now much of a stranger she really was. He needed to help her.

'Get on your feet, Granville,' he growled to himself, summoning all his strength as he struggled to his feet. His breath was labored and blood-coated most of his body, most of the material of his shirt melted into his skin. "Damn," he hissed as the world tilted. "Les. We need to get out of here. You need to let it go and run."

--------------------
user posted image
BETWEEN ME AND YOU
Leslie Lo
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 04:55 PM

Sense & Sensibility
Group Icon

"Les. We need to get out of here. You need to let it go and run."

She could sense he was looking at her differently, as if her confession had changed things between them. But that was something she would worry about later. "We run, she follows. This is who I am, Jake, I fight villains like her all the time," she whispered back to him with a small smile, hoping to inject confidence as her gaze fell on his wounded body.

This was her fault and that fact tore her apart. He was right though, they needed to escape and she needed to fix this.

Fear began to claw at her mind but she shook her head as if to rid herself of those feelings. "We need a plan," Leslie spoke as she watched Athena inch closer while the two of them stepped back instinctively. "And we need to get you to a hospital," the tempting question of 'Are you all right' played at her but she knew it was a redundant thing to ask.

"We've got to distract her long enough from her... 'pets', put her down then we run for the nearest fire extinguisher."

The question now was what kind of distraction? Looking around, she scanned the area around them and picked up the first thing she saw. It was childish, but she'd try anything to help them get out of this. Taking aim, Leslie pulled her powers together and threw a sizeable rock at Athena.

--------------------
user posted image
Jake Granville
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 12:14 AM

`MOLECULARLY PERFECT
Group Icon

He felt terrible. His body screamed in pain everywhere except for the horrific looking burns on his chest and shoulder. His vision swam slightly and he took several deep breaths. How the hell was he going to get them out? He wasn't concerned about his own safety, more hers.

"We run, she follows. This is who I am, Jake, I fight villains like her all the time."

Jake groaned. How did she expect him to let her stand her ground alone? At least with the guild she had others to help protect her. With just the two of them, if he went down, she would be on her own and something told him that is just what the villainess wanted. Jake wasn't about to let that happen. As long as the damage was mostly external, he stood a good chance of surviving the attack. A direct blow to his heart or brain, it would be over. Luckily, fire-bitch didn't have much in the form of brute force. Merely hot, fiery agony. And boy, was that tons of fun.

He could see the pain and guilt in her eyes and he did his best to smile. It was something she needed. Confidence. Then she would do what he needed of her because she knew he trusted her. Something in him nagged him, ate at him, inside that she'd hidden this from him for so long. She he had been living with his own secret too. But this? She risked her life everyday. How many times had she canceled plans with him to do this? That annoying little voice prodded, making him think every time. That shock alone made his stomach turn. Or was that shock. It was hard to tell.

"We need a plan. And we need to get you to a hospital."

Jake shook his head in response, summoning the strength to speak. Even as he opened his mouth to speak, he wondered how much truth was behind his next words as his chest rose and fell, pulling in struggled breaths. "Leslie. Listen to me. I will be fine and I don't need a hospital. You need to get out of here before she attacks again. I'm not going to be able to take much more of that shit."

"We've got to distract her long enough from her... 'pets', put her down then we run for the nearest fire extinguisher."

He sighed at her stubbornness. Nice to know that she didn't buckle under pressure. Despite everything, she was handling this all very, very well. It was strange to think of her in this light. If she was a member of the Guild that meant... She was like him. A freak of nature, a freak who only made people run when they knew the truth. He shook his head again and the breath hissed out between his parted lips. Had the bitch got his neck too? "That sounds like a plan," he said as he looked over at her. "Just promise me that no matter what you'll keep running. I promise I will be right behind you."

He watched her launch the rock at the villain and said a silent prayer to anyone who was listening. He needed to know Leslie was safe. And as the rock was hurdling toward the woman, Jake took Leslie's hand in his. "On the count of three," he said looking back at the masked shadow. "And remember... Just keep going. My Jeep is on the other side of the trees. The keys are in the ignition."

The rock neared the woman and he took a deep breath. "1... 2," he watched until the villainess was distracted and shoved her forward. "3! Go!"

He ran a few feet and pulled hand from hers, the orange glow behind the catching his eye. He gave one last glance at the woman he loved and the back to Athena. "Leslie! Go! Now!"

Damn. This was really going to suck.

--------------------
user posted image
BETWEEN ME AND YOU
Serania Michaels
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 03:26 AM

`everything B U R N S
Group Icon

Sera sneered again as she watched the little hero. Oh there was something unspoken between the two. She would see it in the way the tiny hero cradled the man as he fell. Pathetic.

Love and attraction only got in the way. Her and Jordyn, for instance. They both held there secrets from each other. Albeit for a good reason but still, it make Sera have a weakness, a chink in her armor. While she loved her Bella, she hated that one simple fact. Jordyn was a liability and Sera's biggest, strongest weakness.

And just like with Jordyn, Sera could see the hidden emotion from the hero and her little friend. The pain hidden behind the angry voice that yelled back at her was almost pathetic. Athena's dark eyes lit up and her pets coiled around her out stretched arms. She now knew one of the little Rapport's weaknesses too. 'The good guys to suffer,' she repeated to herself. And so they would. Starting with the man Rapport had just sentenced to die. With him dead, she would be vulnerable and it would be a blow to the Guild, losing one of its coveted heroes.

Her smile turned viscous as she watched the little hero's friend painfully rise to his feet. That look... The look said it all. The slight betrayal, the physical pain, both sensations were knitting together. It was just at that moment that Athena realized that the man hadn't known his pretty little friend's secret. Now her secret would kill them both. How poetic!

She took a step forward and grinned as the duo stepped back again. With every action, the man would pale bringing him closer to death. She almost laughed in glee until she saw the large rock flying at her. Her pets fizzled out as she dove out of the way of the rock. "Little bitch! Is that the best you can do?"

She brushed herself off as she stood again, watching the two run. With a frustrated growl, she summoned her pets again, their intensity so brightly colored in her anger, it was almost blinding. And it wasn't until the man stopped running and turned back that she laughed eerily. "You are standing against me to give your girlfriend a chance to escape? How romantic... And idiotic."

As soon as the words left her mouths, the flames of the snake turned blue. In a flash they were heading for him. Oh yes. He would die.

--------------------
user posted image
'Till everything burns
While everyone screams
Burning their lies
Burning my dreams
All of this hate
And all of this pain
I'll burn it all down
As my anger reigns
'Till everything burns
Leslie Lo
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 03:54 AM

Sense & Sensibility
Group Icon

Gaining strength and hope from Jake's hand in hers, the physical touch allowed her some small moment of peace. And ss well as she had hoped, their enemy dove away from the incoming assault. Her fire was temporarily snuffed out as the woman regained her composure.

This was one time Leslie wished she had a more offensive power, something that could really kick this bitch's ass. For now, she'll have to settle with escaping and coming back for round two.

"1... 2... 3! Go!" Jake commanded.

Without hesitating or arguing with him, Leslie turned around with full speed and was sprinting towards their mode of escape.

"Leslie! Go! Now!" he urged her forward and this time she conceentrated fully on running as fast as she could, straining her body and pushing her legs to move quicker.

She remembered his words earlier, "Just promise me that no matter what you'll keep running. I promise I will be right behind you." She nodded in reponse then, an unspoken promise to him so long as he kept his. She knew he would, this was Jake she was talking about.

Just a little more and they were close to the way out, where his jeep was. Just a few more--.

"You are standing against me to give your girlfriend a chance to escape? How romantic... And idiotic."

The wind had carried the woman's icy voice to Leslie and she almost fell over from stopping suddenly. Whirling behind, the horror of finding out that Jake wasn't with her was overwhelming. The only thing she managed to see was the orange flames racing towards Jake--her best friend and confidant.

"No!" she cried out. Her body had given up and refused to move, feet frozen to the ground she stood on. Nothing was responding to what her brain was screaming to be done.

--------------------
user posted image
Jake Granville
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 04:45 AM

`MOLECULARLY PERFECT
Group Icon

"No!"

Jake had known what would happen the moment he turned back toward Athena. There was a good chance that the pain might prevent him from being able to concentrate enough to heal or start the healing process but at least Leslie could have have a fighting chance. In all the time Jake could remember, Jake never once thought he would sacrifice himself for anyone. Not because he was selfish, but mostly because things like this just didn't happen to him.

'Until now," he commented to himself as the flames, glowing almost yellow, neared him. He took a deep breath and concentrated on his powers and after a few moments of looking at the flames he was ready to try.

As the flames almost touched him, Jake released his ability, weakening the intensity of the flames slightly. It was just enough that he was slammed back against the tree behind him, fire licking his skin leaving blisters and tears in the flesh. He cried out again, his eyes closing as the bellow of rage come from the villainess. The flames withdrew, leaving behind a scorched path on the ground. Once again, his body sagged and he couldn't open his eyes. "Leslie, please. Go," he whispered the words and realized this next strike was going to be it. He knew Les would never hear him but he prayed she would heed his warning anyway.

He could almost sense the next attack coming, the flames slithering toward him. Unlike before, Jake didn't have enough energy to lessen the blow. Unlike before the flames that danced through the air were pale blue, the hottest fire.

And for the first time, Jake Granville wondered if he would survive this as a bright flash crossed his body. His pain was silent as he collapsed on the ground, writhing in misery.

--------------------
user posted image
BETWEEN ME AND YOU
Serania Michaels
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 12:58 AM

`everything B U R N S
Group Icon

Sera smirked at the man, watching his already injured body fight to keep on his feet. Her pets sped towards him, leaving a trail of scorched earth behind. It was going to be a glorious sight. She would end that pathetic little worm and once again take what she wanted. Nothing would stand in her way. Not Nimbus. Not the Guild of Heroes. And especially not this puny little college brat who wanted in Rapport's pants.

She needed the plans for the Watchtower and their security system. Leslie Lo had the least offensive gift of all of them. She was mostly defense. Keyword was mostly. That rock had been a shocker.

The flames approached and she was forced to watch as the intensity of the flames died down from an intense pale yellow to orange. She hold on with the same control as she always had, it was as if her pets were losing strength. It struck with the force she'd intended but not the scalding heat she'd intended.

With a cry of frustration, she pulled her pets back. As they neared her, the anger building in her left her pets shuddering in anticipation of the attack. They curled and slithered through the air around her head as Athena's final decision was set in motion. "Kill him," she ordered, her gloved hand pointing toward Rapport's fallen friend.

In a flash, the flames uncoiled and flew toward their target. The intensity never wavering as they neared him. There was no fight left in the man, she could see the defeat in his body. The fun was gone. Bored, she turned away and pulled out her cell, spotting Rapport frozen on the other side of the field. "Argent," she commanded in to the device. "Take her. I will finish this here."

--------------------
user posted image
'Till everything burns
While everyone screams
Burning their lies
Burning my dreams
All of this hate
And all of this pain
I'll burn it all down
As my anger reigns
'Till everything burns
Silvano Parrish
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 01:47 AM

The {Tin} Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

As a former Marine, sitting out during a good fight was hard. Really, fucking hard. Hard enough that it had taken a sharp command from Nimbus to keep him on his task. He hated waiting. But more than he hated the waiting, he hated Athena's bitchiness. While he knew his job was to stand by and watch for the Guild, he still itched for something. So far, there was no sign so he took what time he had and paced the park trail.

How he had gotten into this, following Athena's orders was beyond him. He had joined forces to serve Nimbus and no one else. He was the muscle who could withstand just about anything. The tin man. If he had survived Nimbus' attack on him the first time at the bar, he was sure he could withstand just about anything else the Guild could throw at him. And he would gladly take them on.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he glanced at the number and sighed. He swore, if it was Athena just calling to lecture him again, he was going to snap her neck. "Argent, take her. I will finish this here."

"About fucking time," he grinned, stepping back. Silver straightened to his full height and smiled, his eyes flashing silver for a mere second before his skin was slowly being coated with metallic fleck from the air until his body was completely covered and Argent truly emerged.

It didn't take long before he was standing in front of Leslie, the metallic shield covering his eyes reflecting her face in the light of Sera's flames. "And here I thought heroes were supposed to fight the bad guys. Not just stand there," he sneered.

--------------------
user posted image
Scream till there's silence
Scream while there's life left, vanishing
Scream from the pleasure unmask your desire perishing
Leslie Lo
Posted: Apr 12 2010, 02:38 PM

Sense & Sensibility
Group Icon

"Leslie, please. Go."

Jake's words would've gone unheard if it wasn't for her gift and it was his voice that broke her. Whatever will Leslie had in fighting to survive went out along with Jake's own life. No matter how hard she willed her legs to carry her forward, they would not, but her knees gave way first and she found herself on the wet grass--the moisture soaking through her jeans and causing a shiver.

She couldn't look.

Leslie understood the dangers to her own life, but never thought the possibility that it might rob one of her closest friend. She cried silent tears as she lost herself in fear of what she might see when she looked back. Hold yourself together, Leslie, she wiped away the tears. You promised him. Leave. Pulling herself up, Leslie stood staring at her way out but at the final moment turned around to face her worst nightmare.

"And here I thought heroes were supposed to fight the bad guys. Not just stand there."

Holding a yell of surprise, Leslie jumped back a few steps away from her intruder. Two! There was no warmth in the silver man's voice and she knew he was not on her side. "Only because dumbbells like you are standing in the way," she answered through clenched teeth. The anger was filling her once more as realised the odds were against her and chances of escape were slim. This man was no ordinary human being from the strength that she could feel emanating from him.

Slowly backing away, Leslie understood the situation and it was a losing battle. Stretching her hands backward, she reached for her bracelet, a silent emergency beacon which she activated not too long ago. Someone from the Guild would be here soon, too late for her but maybe... just maybe in time for Jake's life. Unclasping it slowly, she covered her plan by bending her body forward as if ready for attack. "Like any tin man, you hollow inside?" holding tightly to her precious item, Leslie leaped forward to give one swift kick but the contact of her foot against his hardened body only sent her backwards and landing on her behind. Releasing her bracelet at the exact moment, Leslie pushed it deeper into the soft ground and said a silent prayer. "Guess not," she winced and slowly stood up.

--------------------
user posted image
Silvano Parrish
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 02:14 AM

The {Tin} Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

Dumbell? Is that what she thought about him? Stupid little hero. Silver wasn't much different than her. Despite popular belief, Marines weren't all idiots. Yeah sure. Maybe he was older than her but really? When would people learn? You just don't fuck with people bigger than you. It was just plain common sense. And really? If people didn't understand that? Well, it was natural selection at it's best.

He could see the anger rising in her and his mind prepared for whatever attack she was going to throw at him. Which, as he looked at her, wasn't going to be much. Silly little girl. She was lucky he was under strict orders to bring her in alive. He would snap her pretty little neck in no time. He would actually love nothing more. The little smart ass.

The metal coating shimmered in the light of Athena's fire and he could help the sneer of disgust as Rapport backed away from him. Did she really want to do this? Did she want to run or attack? Surely she was a lunatic if she thought she could take on the likes of Argent. He was a living, breathing wall of solid metal, hard as steel, and just under that metal was tight, chiseled muscle. It was futile to try. Did he have a complex or an ego? Absolutely. He had since his military days. He had worked hard to become the best in his unit and he prided himself on that.

"Like any tin man, you hollow inside?"

Silvano stood still, the impact causing him to waver but not fall back. Was she really that stupid? No one could stand against him. Not even Nimbus, the man he'd sworn his loyalties to, had been able to take him down. Just damage his shell a little. But this little mouse... She was child's play. He'd faced children that were more formidable.

"That's hardly a nice thing to ask someone, Rapport," he smirked as she rose again. "I don't think you realize just what you are into here. Or who you are up against. I am Argent. And I don't fall that easy, little mouse."

With a sneer, he reached out for her neck and lifted her from the ground. "Now, if you are quite finished, we have an appointment to keep. And since I have been given strict orders to keep you alive... You should be happy that I am being this kind."

--------------------
user posted image
Scream till there's silence
Scream while there's life left, vanishing
Scream from the pleasure unmask your desire perishing
Leslie Lo
Posted: Apr 21 2010, 04:15 PM

Sense & Sensibility
Group Icon

"That's hardly a nice thing to ask someone, Rapport. I don't think you realize just what you are into here. Or who you are up against. I am Argent. And I don't fall that easy, little mouse."

Finding her footing and steadying herself, Leslie frowned at the tin man--the one who called himself Argent. He knew her name which only cemented the fact that he was with Athena. Still, name-calling as lame as 'little mouse' was not appealing. "Please," she sneered at him, "Stop trying to give clever nicknames. Wit is really not going very well with the tin man look."

Maybe if she stalled long enough, her teammates could still arrive on time for the both of them. Just maybe.

Unfortunately, Argent had other ideas.

Grasping at his hand as he clamped on her throat, Leslie tried kicking at him and instinctively attempted to break his hold on her. 'No! This can't be happening.' she thought to herself as the feeling of helplessness overtook her. With the flow of air to her lungs severely limited, she barely noticed she was being lifted above the ground. It was only when Leslie began wheezing from his half choke that she realised the solid earth was no more beneath her feet.

"Now, if you are quite finished, we have an appointment to keep. And since I have been given strict orders to keep you alive... You should be happy that I am being this kind"

Begging was not her in her nature but her lungs screamed for release and Argent's statement of keeping her alive seemed to be a lie. "Let me go, tin man," she rasped hoarsely and attempted another hard kick while her fingers pried at his metallic skin.

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options  Pages: (2) 1 [2]    newreply   newtopic   newpoll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2932 seconds | Archive
Affiliates