Photobucket

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Clone Racing. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

KIM'S first race
norton22
Posted: May 11 2009, 04:30 PM

norton22

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

images
Finally got her kart done. Just in the nick of time barely made it to the track fri.
She did great finished 4th out of 8. Not bad for never racing before. We will post more soon. She is hooked! She had a smile a mile wide when she came in! thanks all for the help. Trying this link hope it works.
Norton22
Dennis
Posted: May 12 2009, 12:33 AM

CHAMPION!!!

Member No.: 85

Thats good! Is she running in a clone class or having to run with briggs ect? I've never had a girl driver. They make good drivers if they like it. We got 1 coming on stronge in our class. Another ran her 1st race . Was all smiles when i walked by told her good job. Don't take them long to catch on. Dennis
Brown23
Posted: May 13 2009, 01:15 AM

Good Racer

Member No.: 92

Thanks... Dennis! We're running a "pro-stock" class (aka clone). I heard there are to be about 3 more running this week coming up. Guess I'll have to step it up a bit with the possibility of 11 on the track and maybe pass someone. Thanks to everyone who gave Norton22 advice or suggestions, we appreciated all the help... Now....does anyone have advice for me on passing the other karts? LOL :-) Kim
Dennis
Posted: May 13 2009, 02:26 AM

CHAMPION!!!

Kim Congrats on 1st race. Gizzy can give you some good advice. You're proable running same rules as our AKRA pure stock JR3 & AKRA Adult class. We had 6 in our class Fri. We're on dirt. Looks like you run Asphalt. I've never raced asphalt before and my racing days are over. I hope you have the fun I had over the years. It will come to you be patiant and learn from you're mistakes. Dennis
Dennis
Posted: May 13 2009, 02:48 AM

CHAMPION!!!

You are on dirt. I went back and looked. Dennis
Brown23
Posted: May 16 2009, 04:49 AM

Good Racer

Yup we're on dirt. 2nd race tonight- It keeps getting better. Heck I was more excited tonight then last week- I passed someone. Came in 2nd for my heat (there were 2 heats- 5 karts in my heat and 4 in the second). I lead the feature.... woooohooo for about a half a lap from the 3rd starting position. I, unforunately, went wide and got passed by 3 or 4 maybe it was 5 (but whose counting) :-( but stayed out of a couple of multi kart yellow flags!!! Norton definitly is making her fast- my arms are sore- a good sore tho!
Dennis
Posted: May 16 2009, 06:32 AM

CHAMPION!!!

Kim you gonna get better and better. Learn from you're mistakes. Keep having fun. You're out ther with some proabley been racing a while.
We just made it in from racing.Barely got done before storms hit. Dennis
GIZZYRACING
Posted: May 20 2009, 01:20 PM

CHAMPION!!!

Member No.: 21

Kim tell us a little about yourself and I'll try to give you some pointers . Your age, have you been around racing long, is NORTON 22 your dad. What do you think about karts?
I have a daughter ,Lorenda that started at age 12 she's still racing at age 38 . She's a really good driver . She started beating adults at age 14 , I've seen many great girl drivers ,a friend of mine John Kerker has a daughter that's now 15 she can run with anyone here in Indiana .So don't let anyone tell you that girls can't become great drivers . Look at Danica Patrick.

--------------------
Deriell Logan
GIZZY RACING TEAM
GIZZYRACING
Posted: May 20 2009, 01:33 PM

CHAMPION!!!

Member No.: 21

Kim I just looked on Norton 22's profile he said Kim was his girlfriend. So post your answer an general discussion thread so everyone will have a chance to learn from it .Also good luck you two in your racing .

--------------------
Deriell Logan
GIZZY RACING TEAM
Brown23
Posted: May 21 2009, 02:32 AM

Good Racer

Hi Gizzy- I posted my introduction in the off topic welcome area. The comment about Norton being my dad was good- he did post like he was a proud poppa didn't he? :-)
Kim

PS My understanding is that we are having 11 clones this week... my goal this week will be in the top 5.
Dennis
Posted: May 21 2009, 04:40 AM

CHAMPION!!!

Yep had me fooled . I'm a litte red in the face. Dennis
« Next Oldest | Clone Photos | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3647 seconds · Archive