zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Concert Jazz Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Do you Download Music for Free or Pay?
nuregaurb
  Posted: Jun 24 2008, 04:21 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

Mp3 Music - Why Pay?

After reading a Itunes.com Press Release which claims that Itunes has sold over 5 billion songs, it got me thinking....

My first reaction was to think the numbers were false. I mean seriously, 5 billion songs is a f'n outrageous number! That's nearly a song for every person on earth. Personally, I have never purchased a song online - and I never will. Not because of ideology - rather because the same music can be found for free, and I am not in the habit of paying for things that I can get for free.

I haven't even been to a record store in over 6 years. The only CD's I've purchased we're blank ones. I never thought I was any different than anybody else. So is this Itunes.com press release real? Could it be that I really am different than the rest of the world?

Im curious to know if your the type of person who purchases music online? If so - Why do you pay?

Seriously, you can just as easily go to any various Free MP3 Search Engine and download the music for free. I mean what pushes you to waste good money on something you can get for free?

Kudos to the Itunes / Apple marketing people. They have proven that it is more than possible in this word to sell 'ice to eskimos'. smile.gif

Forum Mods - I'm sorry if this was posted in the wrong section.
« Next Oldest | Gypsy Jazz | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0314 seconds · Archive