Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Damage Incorporated. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

--------------

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Kataque Discussion Thread
J. Black Fraser
Posted: May 31 2007, 08:54 AM

The Artist Formerly Known as Eddy the Friendly Rasta.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 284

QUOTE (HoundofOrion @ May 31 2007, 04:14 AM)
Also if you dont think the french deal with Intimidation, go search for images of their Riot Police division, doesent get much more scary than that.

I'm sorry, but French police? Any possible (unlikely) intimidation factor is entirely overshadowed by the fact they're . . . y'know french. Especially with Germany next door. Now the krauts have intimidating forces right, from their special forces right down to coppers on the beat.

--------------------
As for the rest, you're a paranoid, Leftie student, and if it really worries you so much, might I suggest you stop using the internet, the telephone, a bank account and going outside? Still not happy? You know where Heathrow is.
Drakkar Windrider
Posted: May 31 2007, 01:08 PM

Sub-Editor

Group: Moderati
Member No.: 12

Even their most hated police force ever had AWESOME clothes... I wish I had mein own SS costume to wear to parties...

--------------------
"For the last time, I KNOW what I'm DOING!"
*KABOOM*
"Oh-My-GOD."

Joe Zombie
Commissar Molotov
Posted: May 31 2007, 02:45 PM

Wordsmith

Member No.: 2

Zombie thread...

--------------------
+ D E I + C A S T I G A T O R +
Captain Seato
Posted: May 31 2007, 03:06 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 15

Maybe a variant on the "Cobra Commander" mirrored faceplate/helmet combination?

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
I a c t a . A l e a . E s t
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
P e r . S c i n t i l l u m . F l a m m a
Battlecry of Clan Vulpes Ferrus, Iron Hands Astartes Chapter
Drakkar Windrider
Posted: May 31 2007, 04:20 PM

Sub-Editor

Group: Moderati
Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Commissar Molotov @ May 31 2007, 02:45 PM)
Zombie thread...

We just need Seato to cast "revive undead".

--------------------
"For the last time, I KNOW what I'm DOING!"
*KABOOM*
"Oh-My-GOD."

Joe Zombie
Captain Seato
Posted: Jun 1 2007, 12:02 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (Drakkar Windrider @ May 31 2007, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (Commissar Molotov @ May 31 2007, 02:45 PM)
Zombie thread...

We just need Seato to cast "revive undead".

That spell requires material components, such as eye of "digital camera" or wing of "scanner."

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
HoundofOrion
Posted: Jun 17 2007, 12:58 PM

Writer

Group: Members
Member No.: 294

If your looking for more modern things for Kataque why dont you look up the Forge World Imperial Guard models of the Elysian Drop Troops. They are probably the most modern looking Imperial Guard models I have seen so far.

Also try the models for the AT-43 game by Rakham. They are modern looking, more modern than GW's Imperial Guard of any sort.

user posted image

That is a... 'White Star' trooper from AT-43. I think.

And these are of the new 'Red Blok' army.

user posted image

--------------------
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
- Lao Tzu

“Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there..”
- Will Rogers

"...in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."
- Ernest Hemingway

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
~ Ayn Rand

Bestiae Sumus, ut non bestiae simus. ~ Beasts we are, lest beasts we become.
Captain Seato
Posted: Jun 17 2007, 03:09 PM

Administrator

Thanks, though I was already aware of AT-43 designs (one would think Adrian Smith could do something other than sci-fi soldiers types, eh?). One of my variations on the Kataque helmet is like the first pic, but without the Sam Fisher three-eyed goggles.

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
HoundofOrion
Posted: Jun 19 2007, 07:40 AM

Writer

Hey well since my ideas are somewhat not-up to date ill just sit back and comment when I think its warranted.

Oh and the Elysians look the most modern of any Imperial Guard troops I have seen. Though to me they look more like stranded Vulture or Valkyrie crewmen than Infantry, even paratroopers dont wear what looks to me like flightsuits.

Anyway, I suppose ill just wait and see how this turns out.

--------------------
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
- Lao Tzu

“Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there..”
- Will Rogers

"...in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."
- Ernest Hemingway

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
~ Ayn Rand

Commissar Molotov
Posted: Jun 19 2007, 08:49 AM

Wordsmith

Member No.: 2

Hey, Ydalir? Your comments are warranted - although this topic isn't the forefront of DI's attentions at the moment, it's still useful and insightful. I hadn't seen those Rackham models before.

Don't worry about Seato, he's just crusty and moody, like most of us. wink.gif

I certainly do value your input, and you should spend more time here! Check out off-topic and roleplay discussion for things we're talking about at the moment. smile.gif

--------------------
+ D E I + C A S T I G A T O R +
Captain Seato
Posted: Jun 20 2007, 01:29 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (HoundofOrion @ Jun 19 2007, 03:40 AM)
Hey well since my ideas are somewhat not-up to date...

Not at all, not at all! I was simply pointing out that I was aware of AT-43's minis; no offense intended, Hound of Orion! Feel free to comment as much as you want in "The Forge" and "Off Topic!" (You can comment in the roleplay OOC threads too, within reason, but that's another mater entirely)

Also, I'm not crusty and moody; I'm crusty, moody and temporarily unemployed. Somebody needs to launch a "troop surge" or something... dry.gif

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
J. Black Fraser
Posted: Jun 20 2007, 03:26 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as Eddy the Friendly Rasta.

Member No.: 284

QUOTE (Captain Seato @ Jun 20 2007, 01:29 AM)
Also, I'm not crusty and moody; I'm crusty, moody and temporarily unemployed. Somebody needs to launch a "troop surge" or something... dry.gif

How does a Korean holiday grab sir?

I like the look of the Red Blok artwork. You can see the transition from modern military to that very easily.

--------------------
As for the rest, you're a paranoid, Leftie student, and if it really worries you so much, might I suggest you stop using the internet, the telephone, a bank account and going outside? Still not happy? You know where Heathrow is.
HoundofOrion
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 11:51 AM

Writer

Also, I'm not crusty and moody; I'm crusty, moody and temporarily unemployed. Somebody needs to launch a "troop surge" or something...

You sound like someone else I know....

Hey, Ydalir? Your comments are warranted - although this topic isn't the forefront of DI's attentions at the moment, it's still useful and insightful. I hadn't seen those Rackham models before.

Yes its me! Thats right. Bolter and Chainsword is making me rant and rave like a truly jaded bugger that, perhaps, I have turned into.

Thanks for that!

I like the look of the Red Blok artwork. You can see the transition from modern military to that very easily.

Thats pretty much what I thought as well.

--------------------
- Lao Tzu

- Will Rogers

- Ernest Hemingway

~ Ayn Rand

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | THE FORGE | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1310 seconds | Archive