Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Damage Incorporated. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

--------------

The Mitabrev Mile, SERE-simulation game
Captain Seato
Posted: Feb 28 2008, 03:39 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 15

Setting:
The barren world of Mitabrev has endured the terrible affects of warfare on its surface; the Grensyev Water Purification Plant, one of the main facilities for ensuring a clean water supply to the global populace, has been heavily damaged and the capital city, Ferrusgrad, has been practically leveled.

Fortunately, the tide of the war turned and the Imperial forces lifted the siege at Grensyev and virtually annihilated Chaos resistance in the capital; the few cities and farms are now systematically being inspected for further holdouts and deserters from the Imperial forces, but there's a lot of frozen tundra and plains to cover, and few Valkyries and other Imperial atmospheric craft to spare. To compound the problem is the recent influx of returning Mitabrev refugees.

Tensions are high as Imperial forces try to keep the peace as returning nobles seek to re-establish their authority over the people. Work crews labor to rebuild infrastructure as soldiers root out snipers and police forces track down hundreds of escaped prisoners. In addition, the harvest is coming in, which means plenty of transports, both local and Warp-capable, have begun cluttering the sky over Mitabrev.

Overview:
So what about the party?

Well, I'd prefer the players be human, since we're mostly familiar with how humans act. Now, the character can be a civilian, a soldier (either a member of the Chaos forces or an Imperial deserter), whatever. Just try your best to flesh out the character. Maybe they're a criminal who escaped into the ruins of Ferrusgrad, a former conscript from the Chaos forces, or just a resourceful street urchin looking out for himself/herself. Beyond that, I'm looking for only four players; when I was open to more, I ended up missing some people in my updates and I'd hate to have that unfortunate situation happen again.

Now, there are plenty of refugee ships coming and going and a whole lot of those people are humans, but if you want an Eldar, an Ork, a Tau or any other "xeno" character, make a damn good case for him/her. I'd like to keep an open-mind on characters and I'd also like to encourage creative thinking, but you've got to show me you know the background of the species you select, in-and-out, forward-and-back. It may sound like I'm being anal, but it makes sense to me for having everyone contributing to the crafting a damn good, entertaining story.

In conclusion, DI is a community of writers; I can't be a good GM if you guys don't give me feedback either, so when the potential characters are presented, I would like everyone to give their opinion on him/her. You might see something I missed, or the others have missed; speak up! Let your voice be heard! It might be odd or non-sensical; if you want it badly enough, fight for it, but most important, be consistent! If your character has a personality quirk which makes his hands shake in a fight, he better not be making split-second headshots in the heat of battle! tongue.gif

Alright, that aside, let's see some characters! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Captain Seato on Mar 11 2008, 11:38 AM

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
I a c t a . A l e a . E s t
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
P e r . S c i n t i l l u m . F l a m m a
Battlecry of Clan Vulpes Ferrus, Iron Hands Astartes Chapter
Slight001
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 04:43 PM

Ink-Slinger

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

Interesting... but are you still looking for players? been 10 days and no replies at all not even from you (the gm)... perhaps I'll make a war god class soldier... don't worry they are not nearly as bad as they sound just a little something I created long ago for another far future RPG.
Henchman
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 05:52 PM

Scribbler

Member No.: 290

I'll have a character up for you tonight, Seato. It's been a bit of a busy week, but things have calmed down to the point where I can write.
Captain Seato
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 06:42 PM

Administrator

I'm actually not in a hurry (big surprise, eh?), since the character process will take some time; after all the work you guys'll do in making them, they'll be open to criticism by the other DIers (i.e further revision). smile.gif

No hurries nor worries, Henchman! I've been spending time with my own RL issues. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Slight001 @ Mar 8 2008, 12:43 PM)
Interesting... but are you still looking for players? been 10 days and no replies at all not even from you (the gm)...

I suffer for my players. laugh.gif But seriously, I'm a patient man; I need to be, for when the players do some extraordinary (as in, completely unplanned!) things during the course of the game.

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
Brother-Librarian Akritedes
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 12:05 AM

Cynic.

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Captain Seato)
*snip* In conclusion, DI is a community of gamers; *snip*

By "gamers" do you mean those who play games? If so, you may wish to change your wording. Judging from past events and the wording and planning behind this, this seems be primarily a collaborative story, less a game with rules and a victor and instead a group writing amusement.

--------------------
Sarcastic? Me?

Official DI Cynic and Reformist.

Pariah.

Awaiting the coming of the final Great Hypocrisy.

Nascent Hearn.
Captain Seato
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 11:39 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (Brother-Librarian Akritedes @ Mar 10 2008, 08:05 PM)
Judging from past events and the wording and planning behind this, this seems be primarily a collaborative story, less a game with rules and a victor and instead a group writing amusement.

Better plug the leak in your cup, Ak; it's hall empty. wink.gif

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
Avenger2099
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 07:21 PM

Writer

Member No.: 255

What does SERE stand for?
Captain Seato
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 11:39 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (Avenger2099 @ Mar 11 2008, 03:21 PM)
What does SERE stand for?

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
Avenger2099
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 07:36 PM

Writer

Member No.: 255

Erm... I might be interested, I'll see after the first profile comes in probably.
Captain Seato
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 08:00 PM

Administrator

Sure thing, Avenger! Like I said, no big hurry. smile.gif

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
iamspartacus
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 12:46 AM

Scholar

Member No.: 206

ah mitavrev...such good memories...must....resist!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | ROLLCALL - CHARACTER CREATION AND APPROVAL | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1393 seconds | Archive