Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Damage Incorporated. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

--------------

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

DAMAGE INC VIDEOGAME THREAD, Formerly 'Diablo III'.
BeRzErKeR
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 07:29 PM

Essayist

Group: Moderati
Member No.: 259

Just because it's outdated doesn't make it a piece of crap. Look at StarCraft.

--------------------
"Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll."

-Rudyard Kipling, "Tommy"
Shiva
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 08:15 PM

Moderatrix

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 330

QUOTE (Paradox 01 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:39 PM)
IGN's Halo Wars Preview.  Release date as of today is supposed to be October of this year.

Hi, BTW.   smile.gif

Oh yea! Halo is the only game for XBox I can stomach.

blink.gif

OMG!! The Amazing Disappearing Doc has appeared again! *faints from shock*

Nice to see you, btw! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Shiva on Jul 17 2008, 08:17 PM

--------------------
"Emperor, grant me enough Bolter rounds to shoot the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and a targeting system that knows the difference."

Oh Divine Emperor....
Guide us, your loyal servants, into battle this day. And prepare our enemies for the @$$-whipping they are about to receive.

Come check out my art....
Drakkar Windrider
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 08:28 PM

Sub-Editor

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (BeRzErKeR @ Jul 17 2008, 07:29 PM)
Just because it's outdated doesn't make it a piece of crap. Look at StarCraft.

CopyCraft, you mean? Yeah. I played it, didnīt like it that much.

Still, seeing how much hype is surrounding Halo, Halo Wars better make pancakes for you every morning. It should be criminal for the big developers to try to give us the same exact thing as ten years ago, only prettier.

--------------------
"For the last time, I KNOW what I'm DOING!"
*KABOOM*
"Oh-My-GOD."

Joe Zombie
BeRzErKeR
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 08:54 PM

Essayist

How do you mean, CopyCraft? If you mean it's similar to WarCraft, no surprise there. They're both Blizzard, after all. WarCraft 2 was sort of a beta of StarCraft.

--------------------

Drakkar Windrider
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 10:36 PM

Sub-Editor

QUOTE (BeRzErKeR @ Jul 17 2008, 08:54 PM)
How do you mean, CopyCraft? If you mean it's similar to WarCraft, no surprise there. They're both Blizzard, after all. WarCraft 2 was sort of a beta of StarCraft.

Oh, didnīt you know? There are rumours that Starcraft "paid homage" (the new way of saying "ripped off") Warhammer 40.000. Look at some of the units for Starcraft 2, like the Protoss "Iīm a sarcophagus for almost-alive heroes to fight again from, but I have four legs so Iīm not a Dreadnought" and the Terran "I have a jetpack and two pistols but Iīm totally NOT a Sisters of Battle Seraphim because Iīm a dude".

--------------------
*KABOOM*
"Oh-My-GOD."

Joe Zombie
BeRzErKeR
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 10:47 PM

Essayist

. . .

I'm not even going to respond to that.

--------------------

Commissar Molotov
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 12:15 AM

Wordsmith

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I have to agree with the Berzerker here. There was a lengthy thread over at the B+C recently about this; I think ultimately 40k fans are all-too-eager to read much, much more into Starcraft than there originally was. Plus, GW is hardly the most original themselves.

Back on the videogame track, does anybody here have a Nintendo Wii? My friend's crazy for his, and recently got Super Smash Bros; whilst not my forté, it was entertaining indeed.

--------------------
+ D E I + C A S T I G A T O R +
Lord Jacobus
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 01:13 AM

Scholar

Member No.: 234

Starcraft is not copycraft, I will say that once. Only once, and not again so heed me well. Ok of that line of thinking, I played starcraft before I had even heard of warhammer. So in my opinion, sometimes, it seems like Warhammer has copied Starcraft, See its all a point of view thing.

Now halo wars... I'm a halo fan.. Hound can attest to that But i'm not looking forward to halo wars. I swear it has nothing to do with my xbox blowding up. Its just.. they have done it enough to death with the covenant. I was looking forward to the next game they make being After the covenant wars, so I could see what was going on After the prophets were dead, but i guess comeing up with a new enemy was to mutch for bungie developers.

DOW 2, what else can I say but that I wants I wants. Im afraid though that my ol' comp wont handle it and not haveing money enough to afford some basic essentials, I don't think a new comp is going to be soon in comeing. I Love the part were the Heavy bolter murders the ranger, then is in turn murderd by the warp spider, it was sheer awsomeness lol. Yes that does look remarkably like 'nid mycetic spores. Personaly though, Id love to see the guard instead of marines if the nids are in this, its the whole starship troopers syndrome...

on that note, going slightly off topic... Starship Troopers 3 is out on August 5th.. Cant wait lol

--------------------
Lord Marshell Jacobus
Commander of the 1st Fighting company
Currently Leading the Candarin Crusade
In the Name of the Holy Emperor Of Mankind
In Service to the Imperium of Man
And by Order of High Marshell Hopkinus
Of the Dark Templar

1st Fighting Company of the Atrum Templum
W/L/D Record
0/1/3

Keep your sticks on the ice.
Brother-Librarian Akritedes
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 09:26 AM

Cynic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Drakkar Windrider @ Jul 17 2008, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (BeRzErKeR @ Jul 17 2008, 08:54 PM)

Oh, didnīt you know? There are rumours that Starcraft "paid homage" (the new way of saying "ripped off") Warhammer 40.000. Look at some of the units for Starcraft 2, like the Protoss "Iīm a sarcophagus for almost-alive heroes to fight again from, but I have four legs so Iīm not a Dreadnought" and the Terran "I have a jetpack and two pistols but Iīm totally NOT a Sisters of Battle Seraphim because Iīm a dude".

Uh...

Far be it from me to point out that Dragoons have been around since StarCraft (I, not II, I). The Reavers(?) I'll give you, but they don't look much like Seraphim, nor are they described as such.

You'll also hear rumors, off and on, confirmed and unconfirmed, that the original StarCraft was meant to be a 40K game. But GW pulled the plug and Blizzard, rather than abandon it, gave GW the finger and just retooled it (and then proceeded to rake in the cash hand over fist). If that's true, it both explains your bitching and proves that GW has the business sense of a pithed frog when it comes to video games.

But, don't let me interrupt your tirade. I'm sure we can all agree that you're entirely correct, and there's no possible other way of interpreting StarCraft.

--------------------
Sarcastic? Me?

Official DI Cynic and Reformist.

Pariah.

Awaiting the coming of the final Great Hypocrisy.

Nascent Hearn.
Lord Jacobus
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 10:42 PM

Scholar

Member No.: 234

Well you have to admit, ever since they hiked the prices ridiculesly its been obvious that they, and to quote, 'has the business sense of a pithed frog when it comes to video games.' This being true, I have to admit that despite their failings, GW is still a rather successful company. Strictly buisness speaking I can say that the fact they have kept their buisness going for the time they have when appealing to such a small target market, well it speaks volumes of their sales pitch. However from a gamers perspective... they really oughta lower the prices. This is neither here nor there though, because Starcraft, Copy or no copy, Is still an awesome game.

It set a high standard for games to come. High quality graphics for the time that even today I sometimes find myself marveling at. Fun and easy gameplay (admittedly hard AI) that has me coming back for more again and again. as far as I'm concerned it had the best base building structure of any game of its time. Story wise.. well I cant remember ever beating any of the campaigns for the original, and I haven't tried them on broodwars, being a skirmish/battle net guy myself, so I cant really comment on that. All in all It was awesome, Not just because it was one of the first games I played, It's just an awesome, well made game.

This aside, I'm acctualy hesitant about playing Starcraft 2. Experience that sequels are not usually as fun as the original. A few games are above the rule, such as Doom and Doom 2, Warcraft 2 was acctualy, in my humble opinion, better than the original. But usually they just don't measure up. Prime example, Red alert, Awesome game, truly grand story, great gameplay mechanics, fun defense structures (laughs maniacally about the terrible tesla tower terror wall... lota T's in that). But Red Alert 2 was a let down for me. Id gotten so hyped up about it and when I played it, It was like shooting a 4 year old corpse. Nothing ground breakingly new. The only real ups were the different factions, tesla troopers (walking electrical shock troop hehe) and building garrison. Dont get me started on Yurri's Revenge lol.

The only other reason i'm hesitant about it is graphics. Like I said before I don't think ol' scotty here will be able to run it, Let Alone DOW2.

--------------------
Lord Marshell Jacobus
Commander of the 1st Fighting company
Currently Leading the Candarin Crusade
In the Name of the Holy Emperor Of Mankind
In Service to the Imperium of Man
And by Order of High Marshell Hopkinus
Of the Dark Templar

1st Fighting Company of the Atrum Templum
W/L/D Record
0/1/3

Keep your sticks on the ice.
Drakkar Windrider
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 11:00 PM

Sub-Editor

Tesla troopers were in one of the expansions, actually.

And oh, yeah. I played Red Alert since I was 11 years old up to about 17 because I got the one for the PSX. And a little ago, I borrowed Red Alert 2 from a friend. And I couldnīt believe how crappy it looked compared to RA1. Yeah, yeah, I know it sounds strange, but RA1 was incredibly smooth in the animations and had fairly good graphis that were just perfect for the kind of game it was. RA2 on the other hand looked a bit too cartoony, compared to RA1, and the animations were pretty clunky.

--------------------
*KABOOM*
"Oh-My-GOD."

Joe Zombie
Commissar Molotov
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 09:31 AM

Wordsmith

Member No.: 2

DIABLO III: So looks like Tyrael's back: linky-dink.

--------------------
+ D E I + C A S T I G A T O R +
Captain Seato
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 06:16 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Drakkar Windrider @ Jul 15 2008, 06:27 AM)
Seato, donīt you dare...

What, you going to tell me to go dance with the angels, Drakkar? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (HoundofOrion @ Jul 15 2008, 09:44 PM)
Personally I'm looking forward to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It looks fantastic and could actually live up to a lot of things its promising.

Indeed; I kind of figured TIE fighters to be susceptible to flying debris... tongue.gif

--------------------
The Gaunt and Grot
I a c t a . A l e a . E s t
DAMAGE INCORPORATED FAQ
P e r . S c i n t i l l u m . F l a m m a
Battlecry of Clan Vulpes Ferrus, Iron Hands Astartes Chapter
Paradox 01
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 11:40 PM

Disposable Hero

Member No.: 36

QUOTE (Shiva @ Jul 17 2008, 01:15 PM)
blink.gif

OMG!! The Amazing Disappearing Doc has appeared again! *faints from shock*

Nice to see you, btw! tongue.gif

Thanks, it's nice to be seen!

--------------------
user posted image
RIP Black Betty, 21 April, 2007

The Widow's Legion Regiment of Note - Aurora Issue 3.4 (13.1 MB)
Widow's Legion Fiction - Aurora Issue 3.5 (10.9 MB)
Operation: Drop Bears Dive!, Gear Up 2, Gear Up 3, Gear Up 4, Gear Up 5
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | GENERAL DISCUSSION | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4443 seconds | Archive