InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Damage Incorporated. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

--------------

One Word on the New Marine Codex
Dracos
Posted: Oct 17 2008, 10:20 PM

Ink-Slinger

Group: Members
Member No.: 365

Sternguard

Looks and plays like the Marines we read about in the fluff (almost wink.gif ) At 25 points a piece they better though laugh.gif
DoLhades
Posted: Jan 19 2010, 09:54 PM

Scribbler

Member No.: 408

they do look good and to be honest, gamesworkshops older work looks very sloppy, looks and rules, alot of the newer rules match the unit

Sternguard as you say are like the roleplays you are making (about a year and a half ago)

and you have the imperial guard fulfilling their role too

Artillery is more powerful, tanks are more specialized... and more powerful, kaskrin are better and seem like veterans due to the AP3 guns, but thats probably due to accuracy rather than actual power smile.gif

Orks fulfill the supressive side with lootas and assault side with burnas and commandos

Tyranids are stronger, bigger and tougher

Space wolves look more, well, veteran like and cooler how they should

so, over the years, GW really has improved, many people think that getting rid of this figure was the worst thing they could do, but then you look at what they left in, it looks better, fights better and stands up to what they should look like, they may have gotten rid of assault cannon sentineils or the griffon or the "harmless" hand flamer, and even the ink section, but, they replaced the Assault cannon with a more powerful leman russ - the punisher, the griffon they got rid of so they could design a new frame and kit for it, and the inks they replaced with wash, you are totally right there dracos, the sternguard are goof looking, match the RP marines and of course, so do the other races

so what I don't get is

Why complain about them removing an item of the shelve? they are only going to replace it with something better in a few years!!!!!!!

--------------------
Age of Mythology Heaven Scenario Design, AI scripting and modding forums moderator.
Head of the Downloads Section
Lord Jacobus
Posted: Jan 20 2010, 06:56 AM

Scholar

Group: Moderati
Member No.: 234

could you explain just What you meanby ..

" look more, well, veteran like and cooler"

--------------------
Lord Marshell Jacobus
Commander of the 1st Fighting company
Currently Leading the Candarin Crusade
In the Name of the Holy Emperor Of Mankind
In Service to the Imperium of Man
And by Order of High Marshell Hopkinus
Of the Dark Templar

1st Fighting Company of the Atrum Templum
W/L/D Record
0/1/3

Keep your sticks on the ice.
DoLhades
Posted: Jan 20 2010, 04:01 PM

Scribbler

you may need to edit that smile.gif

anyway, they look more like the veterans that they should look like and they generally look cooler

The only real critisism I would have about GW over the years is....

THE KASKRIN!!! the old models look so much better

Oh and you know you always had 'nid hunter's as marines? well now you don't need em if you get good roles with your thunderfire

--------------------
Age of Mythology Heaven Scenario Design, AI scripting and modding forums moderator.
Lord Jacobus
Posted: Jan 20 2010, 10:43 PM

Scholar

Group: Moderati
Member No.: 234

Oh God, I HAVE to agree with you on that. While I do like the Kasrikan the Old Storm Troopers are so much COOLLEERRR!!

--------------------
Lord Marshell Jacobus
Commander of the 1st Fighting company
Currently Leading the Candarin Crusade
In the Name of the Holy Emperor Of Mankind
In Service to the Imperium of Man
And by Order of High Marshell Hopkinus
Of the Dark Templar

1st Fighting Company of the Atrum Templum
W/L/D Record
0/1/3

Keep your sticks on the ice.
DoLhades
Posted: Jan 21 2010, 03:32 PM

Scribbler

I have em and they are good fun to use and generally make you stare in awe while saying
"How the hell could they make such beauty?"

And to be honest, there is only one thing in the entire gamesworkshop range that makes you do that THATS NOT A VEHICLE!!

The space wolves, everyone of them does it, and the sternguard arent far behind, vehicles however, they all do it

--------------------
Roesor
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 12:49 PM

Ink-Slinger

Member No.: 235

Can't wait for the new BA.

--------------------
For Sanguinus and the Emperor!
user posted image
DoLhades
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 04:06 PM

Scribbler

cant wait for battle missions, new orks guard and marines!

--------------------
smithwillsam
Posted: Jun 12 2013, 12:34 PM

Ink-Slinger

Member No.: 421

I like Marine Codex games too. I had download Marine game my new phone. look and ply Marine games .

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | TABLETOP GAMES DISCUSSION | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2491 seconds | Archive