InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Enigma31416. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

About Harry Potter Spoilers
X-Kal
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 11:30 PM

Super Spammer 2.0!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Don't do it. I want to be able to drop by here and there while I'm still reading the book and not have it ruined for me. I'll be really mad if it's ruined before I get a chance to finish it. I'll be reading it much faster, though, so I can protect myself alot better this time.

Moderators (namely StalaK), you are encouraged to make any and all spoilers conveniently disappear wink.gif
StalaK
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 06:10 AM

Nice Boat

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 6

Will do. =]

I just got the book about 10 minutes ago.

I'm well behind though, I'm only on the first chapter of the sixth book. XD
Sasuki24
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 02:41 PM

Sasuki =D

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

Yeah same here, please dont spoil it, I'm currently on chapter 3. Right now, I love this book xD. From my opinion, book 6 & 7 are the best.

--------------------
[url=http://www.naruto-arena.com/profile/mysteryhack/]user posted image
Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto - Arena.com
StalaK
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 03:45 PM

Nice Boat

Somehow my sister knows the ending to book 7 and she's pretty much never read anything unless it's for school.

I can remember back when I was 7 and I bought the first two books in a sale because the sales of them were incredibly low (this was a year or two before it started becoming popular). I started to read the first book and by the third chapter, I was incredibly bored of the book, yet my teacher urged me on to read more of it. So I carried on reading and it began to get really interesting once Harry got to Hogwarts, I couldn't put the book down.

I did read a lot back then, though. I hardly ever read now, I should (and want to) but don't. To be honest I'm flipping off on some sort of ranty-tangent here but I'm gonna finish. When you guys are finished with the Harry Potter books, read some of the books about Open Sky. I can't remember who the author is, I'll dig the book out, but they are really amazing books. The first one I read was The Curse Of The Gloamglozer or something like that, and I actually thought it was better than Harry Potter!

Another memorable read for me is a book called The Kin. It's set a few thousand years ago in Africa (or what would be Africa due to plate tectonics). It's about a group of four children who are the only survivors of a tribe which got wiped out in a flood. The book is split into 4 seperate parts, each part following on from oneanother, yet told by a different characters point of view. It's a really good book, just a few parts that are a bit difficult for a 9 year old to understand. XD

Rant over.

=]

PS, has anybody seen the new Harry Potter movie? What's it like? Some people say it's amazing, but then I've also heard that it's terrible as well. I heard the same about Spiderman 3 and Pirates Of The Carrbean 3, and I love both of them.

"Nobody move! I've dropped my brain."
Sasuki24
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 05:28 PM

Sasuki =D

I saw the Harry Potter Movie yesterday. Guess what...I thought it was HORRIBLE -___-...(I suggest you don't watch it, waste of money.) Especially if you've read the book, they modified it like crazy. And the acting wasn't as good as I'd expected it. I say this is the 2nd worst movie out for Harry Potter, the worst one was the 3rd one.

My Comparison Chart:
Pirates of Caribbean 3: 8/10
Spiderman 3: 6.5/10
Harry Potter 5: 3.5/10
Transformer: 9/10
Live free or die hard: 7/10

--------------------
X-Kal
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 08:05 PM

Super Spammer 2.0!
Group Icon

Woot.com is having a sale... or HAD a sale, depending on when you're reading this, on vacuums. So, the product description is entitled "Spoiler Free" - it's full of nifty, fake spoilers:

As we all know, the new Harry Potter book is finally on the shelves, and the whole world is amazed at the discovery that Hermione was working for Voldemort since the third book. Another great discovery is the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220. With a 31 cubic inch dustbin and multiple cleaning modes this little baby hunts down dirt with the fury of someone who accidentally heard about the part where Harry strangles Snape with his bare hands after discovering that Dumbledore had been his father in disguise.

And the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 knows when to go home and relax, recharging in under three hours, just like Hagrid should have instead of getting in that fight with the Ministry of Magic after Voldemort’s mind control jelly beans turned him evil and cost him his life. Also there is stair-sensing technology, which is so close to magic it could easily be one of the final spells that Voldemort unleashes on Harry, causing him to collapse into a bloody mass in the arms of his best friend Ron, who has secretly been the real chosen one all along.

Just as sure as the last twenty pages feature Ron vanquishing Voldemort and taking his place at the side of the Tribulation Force from the Left Behind series, the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 will turn cleaning into a task that is fun for the whole family. Would we lie to you?

Oh, and I saw the movie, too. Good lord, the book needed the editing. Maybe not in the way the movie did it, and maybe the movie could've been better, but... well... the movie was better than the book, in my eyes.
Sasuki24
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 09:22 PM

Sasuki =D

I finished the book in 4 days =D. The first 300 pages were awesome, and then it kind of got boring for 100ish page. Then, starting from page 500 towards the end, it was spectacular.

--------------------
StalaK
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 06:17 AM

Nice Boat

I'm only on page 190 or something. I havn't spent much time reading this week. I could have had it read by now though.

I blame the internet.
X-Kal
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 10:53 PM

Super Spammer 2.0!
Group Icon

QUOTE (StalaK @ Aug 1 2007, 07:17 AM)
I'm only on page 190 or something. I havn't spent much time reading this week. I could have had it read by now though.

I blame the internet.

Same. sad.gif
|Wiz|
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 09:42 AM

Banned

Member No.: 48

I loved the part where Harry proposed marriage to Ron.

--------------------
I am a lier. I lie all day.
X-Kal
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 09:55 PM

Super Spammer 2.0!
Group Icon

Wait, JUST Ron? Wiz, I think you've skimmed over the other something... happy_swt.GIF
|Wiz|
Posted: Aug 3 2007, 04:16 PM

Banned

Member No.: 48

They moved to a state where gay marriage is legal. =D

--------------------
I am a lier. I lie all day.
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5110 seconds | Archive