Skin Gexion designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to European Film Review. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[Due to the huge number of spam we've been receiving on the board recently, I'm afraid I've had to introduce admin validation for new registrants. What should happen is that when you try to register, I then approve you and then you'll be able to post to the board. However, sometimes I do accidently refuse permission, mainly because it's sometimes a bit difficult to distinguish spam from non-spam. So it's also a good idea to also send me an email as well. Sorry for the trouble, but it can't be helped... ]

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Subtitle Pledges, time to pony up!
Johan077
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 02:15 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

I pledge on the Eurospy guide and Sean Connery's toupe that I will buy the upcoming releases as I hold a martinini (shaken not stirred) in my hand while listening to the theme song of Lady Chaplin and watching Skadogs most excellent dubbing effort on OSS 117 Terror in Tokyo (c'mon people, we do live in the age of multi tasking so why not do that with the stuff I enjoy and not just a work)

Johan077
vjetorix
Posted: Oct 12 2009, 04:49 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

color me in!
agent:Fireball
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 02:06 PM

Member No.: 93

I PLEDGE!
skadog
Posted: Oct 16 2009, 08:23 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 385

Just to update everyone...

I had contact with RL and he got the file and is about 50 minutes complete at this point... ain't technology grand???

He says he should have something for me to look at by the end of the weekend.

cheers
skadog
Posted: Oct 28 2009, 04:42 AM

Advanced Member

Attention everyone!

Yes, it is time to pony up and make good on your pledges. DL and I have had quite a bit of back and forth and have settled on the subtitles for this flick. I did an initial screening this past Saturday and we made final adjustments yesterday and today.

I'm on a conference right now and a bit hectic time it is (it's nearly 1 am right now, waay past my bedtime). Most of you know my email address and to move things along I will ask you to send me a short mail. This will save me LOTS of time. I'll just shoot you a reply with DL's paypal account and you can take it from there. If you are one of the very few who do not know my address, please just drop me a PM here with your email address and I'll get the info to you...

DL will forward the payment confirmation to me and I will ship your disk as soon as I get back home and get it burned (at best early next week).

Cheers all, this is great!
amana1
Posted: Oct 29 2009, 06:38 PM

amana1

Member No.: 1,176

I hope we're all following through on our pledges...?
RICHARD RHYS DAVIES
Posted: Oct 30 2009, 08:48 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

I am thrilled to have made my first contribution to the private commission of fan subs. My own copy of I film I never thought I'd ever see with an English element. For just seven quid! I look forward to more Eurospy Board exclusives.
Johan077
Posted: Oct 30 2009, 12:55 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

skadog, sent you an email Wednesday. did you get it?

Johan077
skadog
Posted: Oct 31 2009, 02:04 AM

Advanced Member

Rich,

Yea, some of us have to pay in RMB's so consider yourself lucky!

Johan,

Yes, sorry for the delay. "You have mail".
RICHARD RHYS DAVIES
Posted: Oct 31 2009, 05:35 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

What's RMB?
skadog
Posted: Oct 31 2009, 06:12 PM

Advanced Member

Rich,

"Renminbi" or Chinese yuan... I live in the states and being the sarcastic devil I can be...

EDIT: Also, I know some of you haven't emailed or PM'ed me so please do.
skadog
Posted: Nov 2 2009, 10:45 PM

Advanced Member

All,

Work on and checking of Mex Slayride is going well. I thought we had it in the bag when the subtitles themselves were complete, but can attest to the effects of the unforeseen monkey wrenches. I have hit a snag when converting and reauthoring and just need to work through it. It has to do with the timings on the subtitle file. Not much of a problem, it will just take a bit of effort.

I may have missed a couple of you who have not emailed me requesting paypal info for RL... I sent out a passle of emails to some "slackers" over the past two days. If you have not received this info, please PM me here! Do not use the email link for me here as it is WRONG. BTW, Matt, can you tell me why I can't update this?

I'll keep you posted.

cheers
mattblake
Posted: Nov 3 2009, 09:35 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Have you clicked on the 'My Controls' tab and then the 'change email address' option at the bottom of the right hand menu? That should work! Let me know if not and I think I can probably do it for you...

Best!

Matt
skadog
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 02:04 PM

Advanced Member

UPDATE:

I wanted to update everyone on this issue. RL finished the subs a while ago, so this delay is all on me. I have the broadcast (or VHS) in two different formats divx and mp4. Since both files are the same size, I reasoned I would get better video quality from the mp4 format as it is a newer compression scheme. I ran everything through DvdFlick and then watched the whole thing. Around the 70 minute mark the audio got off track and started lagged the video by a second.

So, I turned to the divx file and processed it with the subs. I just checked it on the computer and it looked fine. I burned three disks to go with others I owe to three forum members. Figured I'd get these posted first.

Had a tropic storm hit Monday and post offices closed. So, had a bit of time and decided to recheck the disk on my standalone player. Ugh! Murky as heck and not nearly as sharp as the previous conversion. And, this video has enough warts already!

Went back and demuxed the original conversion and am in the process of fixing the audio glitch.

I may well hold off going any further until I run a little experiment. I want to do the video on demand purchase on CanalPlay and see if I can either circumvent the DRM protection or run the video and audio through my capture card and record on my other laptop... If either of these work, we should have a much better video for this.

Everyone has shown great patience in this endeavor. I'll get everyone their disks asap. I just don't want to spend time and money sending these out only to turn right back and send replacements. I've spent a lot of time travelling over the last few weeks and have spent my downtime reading up on DRM and translating the CanalPlay website. I'm fairly confident I can do this.

Comments and questions are welcome....

Cheers

BTW, Matt

I tried again to change the email listing and received the same message:
"Sorry, you are not allowed to use that email address for your account. Please use another email address."

What can I be doing wrong?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0524 seconds · Archive