Skin Gexion designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to European Film Review. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[Due to the huge number of spam we've been receiving on the board recently, I'm afraid I've had to introduce admin validation for new registrants. What should happen is that when you try to register, I then approve you and then you'll be able to post to the board. However, sometimes I do accidently refuse permission, mainly because it's sometimes a bit difficult to distinguish spam from non-spam. So it's also a good idea to also send me an email as well. Sorry for the trouble, but it can't be helped... ]

Pages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )

New DVD (s)
kommissar x
Posted: Mar 25 2008, 12:59 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 106

HPD -
Just to add to Skadog's comments - yes there is a learning curve, but it's pretty easy once you have your movie, the audio (.ac3) and your subtitle file (.sup).

I use the free IfoEdit.exe to author my DVDs (see the author mode in this program), where it's really easy to combine the video file, the audio, and add the .sup file (and chapters) into a burnable DVD. As far as I know, this program doesn't provide you with DVD menus (the movie just starts).

This program will then author the DVD and copy this to your hard-drive & then you can burn with whatever software you use (it's not that important to the overall process).

Ifoedit

It's really not that hard once you have your .srt (the text file) converted back into the .sup (the image file).

Subtitle workshop will allow you to change the timing for subs (I think it lets you add and subtract time overall in batch mode, so that you don't have to change each subtitle timing separately).

Marissa Mell yawns....
Johan077
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 02:14 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

just saw that Wild east ir releasing Cobra on DVD soon
http://www.wildeast.net/catalog1.html

Johan
skadog
Posted: Apr 9 2008, 06:41 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 385

Yes, and I just noticed that DFI has added the following to their films list:
Fuller Report
Man on the Spying Trapeze
Our Man in Jamaica
The Fantastic Argoman
Tiffany Memorandum

I know they've been talking about releases for Tiffany and Fuller for quite some time now (I am beginning to turn blue)... but didn't know they were doing the other three.

I sure hope they ain't teasing!

Cheers!

PS, Sorry if this is old news...
Johan077
Posted: May 29 2008, 11:48 PM

Advanced Member

Just got back from Italy. Had a wonderful time. Great country. The findings were meager when it came to Eurospy movies. Only one in fact, James Tont Operazione D.U.O. Oddly enough there were showing it on TV one morning as I was on my way to the store and found the movie. Otherwise I found a bunch of SW and bought a lot of Fumetti's like Diabolik and Kiminal.

Johan077
skadog
Posted: May 30 2008, 04:19 PM

Advanced Member

Johan,

Welcome back! I am very very excited to hear you snagged a copy of James Tont 2. Does it have an English language option? My copy is straight Italian, no subs. (but it looks pretty good).

Cheers!

PS, Did you happen to find Arriva Dorellik???
Johan077
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 03:06 AM

Advanced Member

skadog,
the james tont II only has italian audio but is a great copy. did not find dorrelik. looked all over the place but superhero/caper/spy movies were scarce.

Johan077
skadog
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 08:50 PM

Advanced Member

Johan,

Not a biggie... we'll get copies from somewhere. I have the avi rip for the Tont II release but have not checked it out.

Did you happen to ask a cabbie in Rome where the aforementioned disks could be found? Kinda like trying to find a hooker, they seem to know everything!

;-)

cheers!
Johan077
Posted: Jun 14 2008, 12:17 AM

Advanced Member

yes, I did and he gav me the phone number of this amazing...wait, you were asking about DVD's, oh..right....of course...errrr....no, he didnt know where to get the DVD's, sorry.
Johan077
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 02:09 PM

Advanced Member

just got the DV-R of eEurospy trailers from something weird. GHreat collection however some titles are new to me. Has anyone heard of "Jerk in Istanbul" Thought it was a comedy but looks like a serious spy thriller, or how about "Danger girls" and "scorpions and miniskirts"?

Johan077
Johan077
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 03:02 PM

Advanced Member

so the danger girls movie seems to be a south african made production. Jerk in Istanbul is a French production. anyone seen either?
vjetorix
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 12:01 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

have not seen JERK but there's a poster image here.
RICHARD RHYS DAVIES
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:38 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

PELIGRO!...MUJERES EN ACCIÓN is the original title of DANGER GIRLS - it's Mexican and fantastic. Very Eurospy in a latin style with a lot of girl on automatic weapon action. Highly recommended second installment of superspy Alex Dinamo's adventures who first appeared in equally fun SOS CONSPIRACY BIKINI. I'd love to see these in English - only have them in Spanish.

It did get an English language release in South Africa - perhaps Nausad has a copy. (What's happening with TOM DOLLAR?? - i'd also like to have looked at his trailer reel - I can't get anything going on the email front with Nausad)

Something Weird have reissued a stack of their Eurospy catalogue on dvd formerly only VHS. Going back to their 16mm print means best pictures around of classics like BECKETT AFFAIR, DEVIL'S AGENT and the forgotten and very weird sexy spy title HEAT OF MIDNIGHT aka ESPIONS A L'AFFUT by Max Pecas of DANIELA BY NIGHT fame.

Here's to something weird...

Johan077
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 03:52 PM

Advanced Member

i saw that the fist austin powers movie has a spy genre overview as part os the specials on the DVD? anything good from an eurospy point of view?

Johan077
abs1nth3
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 10:03 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 394

This film will be out on German DVD in August but unfortunately no English language options...

user posted image
Johan077
Posted: Jul 11 2008, 01:06 PM

Advanced Member

thats red dragon, i believe. That is being released by Wild East later this year with an English sundtrack

Johan
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2067 seconds | Archive