Faulty Logic dissonance

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Faulty Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Suggestion Box, Suggestions for improvements to the site
El Nerdo Loco
Posted: Jul 17 2009, 12:11 AM

Prelude to an awkward silence.

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

Since these forums are no longer just faulty, but also dissonant, perhaps the banner at the top should reflect that. Maybe mesh two banners together to form one that can link to either comic.
Rae
Posted: Jul 17 2009, 04:03 AM

Author and Artist.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 194

Another item on the "To Do" list, along with the Cast Page and the Links page.

But don't worry, we're on it.
Death Drak
Posted: Nov 26 2009, 01:27 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 212

Whenever it is that you return with Faulty Logic, how about updating the pictures next to Faulty thoughts, ex: Fixing Jalyss's so her hair is more recent. And add different pictures for when you are angry, happy, homicidal, ect.
flare561
Posted: Jan 2 2010, 07:47 AM

Member No.: 215

Would it be possible to implement an RSS feed for the comics?
Rae
Posted: Jan 3 2010, 10:26 PM

Author and Artist.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 194

QUOTE (flare561 @ Jan 2 2010, 07:47 AM)
Would it be possible to implement an RSS feed for the comics?

I'd love to do that, but I'm not really sure How.

Is there any information you could provide on it?
takeshita_kenji
Posted: Feb 2 2010, 01:39 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 158

QUOTE (ToxicFoxic @ Feb 26 2009, 05:06 PM)
Beats me. It works on My friends comic though. *shrug* It's worth a try though, right? and if it ends up screwing up, hey, you'll have your own version of stumbleupon. XD

It works because he created the function in his JavaScript code. It's not a standard nor common function.

You'd have to edit the PHP. I have this:
CODE
   $result = pg_query($sql, 'SELECT comicid FROM comics ORDER BY random() LIMIT 1');
   if(pg_num_rows($result) > 0)
       header('Location: comic.php?id=' . pg_fetch_result($result, 0, 0));
   else {
       header("Content-Type: text/plain");
       echo("No comics; redirecting to latest");
   }  
I'm using PostgreSQL since I wrote the stuff from scratch, but it should be pretty much similar for MySQL too (except the functions wouldn't start with pg_ and would be documented here).

comicid is the unique ID number for each comic, comics is the table that stores all the comics and their IDs, and comic.php displays the comic for a given comicid.
C F
Posted: Nov 23 2010, 09:35 PM

King of the Space Lasers

Member No.: 228

Hmm...

You might need to remake your forum banner. Photobucket got rid of it. blink.gif
Goats Kordatar
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 04:10 PM

Professional moving target

Member No.: 262

On most of the other forums I've attended, there was a feature so that any topic with posts you hadn't read yet had a link to go to the first post you hadn't read, so you wouldn't have to weed through eight pages of crap you've read a hundred times.

Granted, there aren't many threads that large (yet; My "What if?" game is going fairly quickly), but it's an interesting feature to think about adding.
mattyhex
Posted: Aug 27 2011, 11:47 PM

Prof. Of Nothing

Member No.: 206

QUOTE (Goats Kordatar @ Jul 20 2011, 04:10 PM)
On most of the other forums I've attended, there was a feature so that any topic with posts you hadn't read yet had a link to go to the first post you hadn't read, so you wouldn't have to weed through eight pages of crap you've read a hundred times.

Granted, there aren't many threads that large (yet; My "What if?" game is going fairly quickly), but it's an interesting feature to think about adding.

That exists, it's a little blue icon that appears in front of the topic title.
« Next Oldest | Ask the Creators | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3823 seconds | Archive