Faulty Logic dissonance

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Faulty Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Do you play Team Fortress 2?

Do you play TF2? If so, what is your favorite class?
Yes. Running around at max speed as Scout FTW. [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
Yes. Soldier all the way. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes. Burn. Everything. As. Pyro [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes. Use more gun as Engineer. [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
Yes. I am Heavy Weapons Guy. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes. Blow everything up as Demo. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes. Medic is a pretty cool guy. [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
Yes. Pick off enemies at a distance and use urine as a weapon as sniper. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes. Stick to the shadows and backstab enemies as spy. [ 2 ]  [25.00%]
Nope. [ 3 ]  [37.50%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Death Drak
Posted on Jul 19 2011, 10:07 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 212

Personally, spy is my favorite. What about all of you? And if you don't play TF2, its free now, so why don't you get one off of steam and start playing.
Zetal
Posted on Jul 20 2011, 11:49 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 266

Played it a few times with some friends... I can't say I particularly cared for it, so I answered no. =)
I couldn't get past (whether it was true or not) how imbalanced I thought the classes were, so it was always just a complain-fest, lol.
Goats Kordatar
Posted on Jul 20 2011, 12:28 PM

Professional moving target

Member No.: 262

And if you don't play TF2, its free now, so why don't you get one off of steam and start playing.

Because my labtop has a shitty graphics card?

Must! Get! A! JOB!
Wonderdummy
Posted on Jul 20 2011, 09:59 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 260

Played it since the Mac update...

there's no "whatever the team needs most option" though...

I usually find the only tine it seems imbalanced is when your team is bad in some specific area. Spy seems OP when all your Pyros are off W+M1ing (i.e. not spychecking). Heavy seems bad if you have no medics... etc.

Also, its the only game i've seen with "furry" dedicated servers. Ever (that works for mac).

edit: too bad you couldn't fit user posted image as that last option
Wonderdummy
Posted on Jul 20 2011, 11:12 PM

Advanced Member

Anyway. If anyone else plays I'm "Ranger" on steam (the one with the same picture, you can't miss it).
El Nerdo Loco
Posted on Jul 21 2011, 12:31 AM

Prelude to an awkward silence.

Member No.: 134

I tried to get in to it, but it turns out I was what is known as a, "Newb" or, "Nub." We, "Newbs" tend to get, "Pwnd" which is not a pleasant experience, and I was not willing to put in the time to lose the, "newb" classification. Though it was fun as far as getting shot, confligrated, stabbed, or struck by blunt objects goes.

I voted spy because I could sit somewhere out of the way and generally be left alone if I was lucky...
Wonderdummy
Posted on Jul 21 2011, 01:56 AM

Advanced Member

Yeah, I'll admit that if you don't get into a game right when they release it, it sucks, but

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/438

Edit: go, ahead, ask CaptianOzo about that "Killed the medic, Killed the heavy, Capped the point" scout.
CaptainOzo
Posted on Jul 21 2011, 08:53 PM

Member No.: 267

I sucked for a loooong time, I got headshot, burned, stickied, rocketed, syringed, and generally bulleted to death.

Pretty much just like the NerfNow comic, I got a bit of coaching (mostly dodge) found my favorite class, the scout (dodge all the bullets), and started to get better.

People will be doucebags, so kill them.
Goats Kordatar
Posted on Jul 22 2011, 11:41 AM

Again, I don't play it, but I really wish there was an "Average Joe" kind of class; no terribly special abilities or excessively high stats, but no glaring weaknesses or gimmicks to try and remember either. A plain Jane, bullet shooting, reasonably statistical character that's nice and easy to understand while still being fairly versatile.
CaptainOzo
Posted on Jul 22 2011, 02:09 PM

That "Average Joe" class would probably be the soldier or heavy.
Soldier = Shoot rockets at people, 'nuff said.
Heavy = Point minigun at man and riddle full of bullet holes.

But, the fact that there isn't really one of those classes is part of what I like about TF2. There's no straight machine gun, each weapon is unique, and each class has a "simple" play style, but can, in the hands of a good player (sorry, Goats K.), be used to extreme effectiveness with so much versatility.
Goats Kordatar
Posted on Jul 22 2011, 03:45 PM

No need for a K, you can call me Goats.

Soldier is pretty close to middle ground I suppose. Heavy is waaaaaaay too slow though.
Death Drak
Posted on Jul 22 2011, 04:44 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 212

The "Average Joe" is the soldier. Second highest health, second slowest, average damage, and is pretty powerful and is all around average. The Demo is also a versatile class that is also pretty powerful.

The fun thing about TF2 is that every class is specialized in their abilities and stats.
CrowTRobot
Posted on Jul 22 2011, 05:16 PM

Member No.: 264

I used to play engineer, but I lost interest as more and more items appeared and in-game store came into being.
CaptainOzo
Posted on Jul 22 2011, 08:21 PM

I'll agree to that, there are way too many items now, and the store is just dumb.
« Next Oldest | Rec Room | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3997 seconds | Archive