Faulty Logic dissonance

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Faulty Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dear Jalyss: Why the Roommate?
Selden
Posted: Aug 7 2011, 12:14 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 274

I know that finances get tight, especially when you're paying tuition and rent on a cashier's salary, but I'm positive you could have found somebody with at least a slim grasp on reality. Fox may not mean to cause trouble, but it's bound to happen around him; he destroys causality, changes girls to more compatible species for quick dates, screws around with you and your things because he doesn't understand privacy or respect... how did you wind up sharing a house with somebody who's such a loose cannon?

PS: please don't mention this letter to Fox. I wouldn't want to agitate somebody with a hair trigger and laser weaponry.

(And this, forum-goers, is how you make sure you hear both sides of a story. tongue.gif )
Goats Kordatar
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 11:21 PM

Professional moving target

Member No.: 262

Theory 1:

"Well, all the other rooms and roommates were taken, and I couldn't afford my own spot."
Luemas
Posted: Aug 11 2011, 06:14 PM

Member No.: 273

Theory 2: Opposites attract.
Also, everyone's a little insane, so this way, you know their insanity!
Goats Kordatar
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 04:32 PM

Theory 3:

It's all just a ploy to disguise her true purpose from those with more sense; to re-conquer the planet Earth!

This way, if Fox DOES find out, nobody would believe him; where as anyone else might be taken seriously.
Rae
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 04:49 AM

Author and Artist.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 194

This is a question I'm not ready to answer right now > >

It might come up in a future comic.
Death Drak
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 12:05 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 212

QUOTE (Rae @ Aug 14 2011, 04:49 AM)
This is a question I'm not ready to answer right now > >

It might come up in a future comic.

Speaking of them being room mates, we don't really see much of their house besides a room or two. You could atleast show us the lab where Jalyss keeps all of her sciency stuff.
Goats Kordatar
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 01:45 PM

It probably consists of a table with a computer on it. Her major is, after all, Computer Science...

Of course, Rae is probably just letting us throw out various theories for her until she gets one she likes, and then she'll make THAT into a comic.
Rae
Posted: Aug 14 2011, 04:33 PM

Author and Artist.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 194

QUOTE (Goats Kordatar @ Aug 14 2011, 01:45 PM)
It probably consists of a table with a computer on it. Her major is, after all, Computer Science...

Of course, Rae is probably just letting us throw out various theories for her until she gets one she likes, and then she'll make THAT into a comic.

Shh! Don't tell them!
El Nerdo Loco
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 08:45 AM

Prelude to an awkward silence.

Member No.: 134

I think it is pretty clear. She wants to be around lifeforms of higher intelligence, and all of us have a poor idea of what higher intelligence looks like. What does it take to create time machines? What does it take to create a weapon that can instantly change one's enemies or dating interest at a biological level? We lesser beings think of higher intelligences as being rational despite having so much evidence in this comic indicating otherwise! If anything, a rational person like Jalyss just gets in the way! So, she was kicked off the ship and Fox was the closest analogue she could find. Kind of a sad tale. No wonder her comics tend to be rants.
Narric
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 06:27 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 229

Maybe Jalyss actually experiments on Fox when he's asleep. Sorta like Stein and Spirit from Soul Eater XD

OR.....

When Jalyss came to Earth, she didn't predict the completely different societyy that had emerged, and so would've been considered money-less by our standards. After somehow managing to get into a rural neighbourhood, she knocks on Fox door and asks to stay the night. Fox accepts, accidently tells her some crazy theory of relativety being affected by Gravity and the shape of a macaroni, and Jalyss figures it would be the best place to stay.

If that made sense, I need more sugar.
Goats Kordatar
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 05:25 PM

What does it take to create a weapon that can instantly change one's enemies or dating interest at a biological level?

Hey! It said VERY specifically in the commentary that the DNA re-sequencer was Jalyss'!
« Next Oldest | Ask the Creators | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.1852 seconds | Archive