Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Groove Organic. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Pages: 86-91 - What am I doing wrong...?
Nashya
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 11:19 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So we've finally (well, Apple-boy has) reached the mystery town mentioned way back in chapter two X3! And there he goes playing with fire again. *shakes head* I listened to "Anxious Heart" from Final Fantasy VII on an infinite loop while I worked on chapter 5. The song and title fit so well it's almost eerie. Take a listen!.

I should mention; rendering those bricks, made me want to hurt myself. They're so annoyingly symmetrical. Crazy Fae and their perfectionist tendencies! All of chapter five is like devoid of nature... Everything's just rectangles and squares... I really started to miss trees and grass...
Blue-Bell
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 04:26 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

Loving this update!! XD

Love apple boys wings, love the fancy fire spell, love apple boy^_^ Hmmm so he's rich hey? Guess that could be part of his whole hating people using him thing. I will laugh in delight if he's a prince or something. Oh and he's been mauled by one of them flowers :0 I would be burning them something chronic, evil little suckers. And now that I have pointed out the obvious I will go *runs away giggling
Ameza
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 12:54 PM

Member No.: 325

Great update! And three pages! Watch out, we might get used to it :P

But love the drawins, these pages are so good. And apple boy just get's more interesting by the minute. And isin't that the warden-somethingor-another sign he made in the fire?

Can't wait for more, this story is so good :D
Claire
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 02:11 PM

Member No.: 336

I always look forward to your updates! And three pages too!

Apple-boy is too awesome with his fire spells. And I have a weakness for red-haired, freckled characters. :D Those flowers are vicious little buggers aren't they?

The bricks came out very beautifully! I can't wait for next week's update!
killerkitty
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 12:22 PM

Member No.: 327

Hmm... Sounds like Apple-boy got tricked or something by someone sometime in the past. I love his fire spell! Can't wait to see what happens next! Hope he goes beating up some flowers to save Vielle! If he even remembers her...
aliciapaige
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 05:38 PM

Member No.: 337

I am glad that this story is finally moving along :] I remember reading this a long time ago and there hadn't been an update in what seemed like forever. It makes me so ecstatic to learn that you have continued working on it and you seem to update quite a bit! I will really really look forward to Fridays now!! Once again, your comic is drawn so beautifully, the landscapes and the people and the colors are all very moving. You are a genius. It would be a sin to not share your talent with the world :] Great job!!!
friendlyMosquito
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 04:16 PM

Member No.: 286

oh gods.....
did Someone do to Apple-boy what he just did to Vielle?
Namely, get him to steal a nickle-berry knowing that he would get attacked by the flower?

... Is it just me or is Apple-boy doing lots of jerk-like things?
And if that is so, it seems to me that he does them because they were done to him...
But he dislikes the jerk-like things that were done to him.... so doesn't that make him a hypocrite too?
Let me know if I'm way off base... I'd hate to dislike Apple-boy because of things that aren't true....
Because at this point, it seems like he is going to have to pull of something truly badass and awesome before he can redeem himself in my eyes...regular character development (i.e. realizing how wrong he has been) will be insufficient.

(Note: These are complains again the character, not the character's creator =p )
RaveyRai
Posted: Sep 10 2010, 06:44 PM

Member No.: 338

Apple-Boy just seems very angsty and <_< so far.

I'm just all *~dazzled~* by the art and execution of the story. I'm so excited. (wants to do this one day but does not know how to go about it/how to start)

I had something worthwhile to say and "discuss" but I can't remember what. I forgot while making an account here to try and discuss it =_=

WAIT! Are the shiny fairy butterfly thingers like mobile devices to the fae? On page 89 with the females? If so--that is sooo cool.

It ALSO seems like AppleBoy (I'm so close to using the name YOU spoiled for us on deviantart but you might have changed it) goes through this process quite a lot with Glenn.

Hands freezing in ice/glove/cuffs with his stoic, "IDGAF but I still don't want to be here" face.
friendlyMosquito
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 02:34 AM

OMG APPLEBOY IS IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!
That would explain a lot.......

All is forgiven, high schoolers are understandably jerks, even if they are good guys...
CREbi
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 08:06 AM

Member No.: 339

*giggles to comments about high school* Haaaa~ hes in school. And I would have guest he would know how to use a fire element after Poor Pinkie. And If there was fire there was going to be ice. Yay a blueberry boy xD

Don't Mind me >.>

I actually do like the bricks...and the magic walls and...everything
friendlyMosquito
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 03:21 AM

Going back a few pages, methinks Apple-boy was out past curfew...
And he sort of... cheated... to get back inside... or he's not allowed inside int he first place and that's why he's in trouble...
You don't suppose he snuck into the girl's dormitory? 0.o

WILD MASS GUESSING!!!!
Sunset7
Posted: Sep 24 2010, 10:35 AM

Member No.: 276

Apparently, it looks like Apple-boy/Myth has done something wrong to be put into an interogation situation. Though I'm highly amused at the interrogator's (I think his name was Glenn)'s way to break the ice (pun intended.)

I love the cool colors in the room, and in Glenn's outfit. It really does give a hint to his ability in freezing stuff up.
Now that I think of it, Myth's hair is red and his ability is fire, so I'm thinking that a fae's certain hair color controls a certain power. That's my guess.

And that brings up a question, why didn't Myth just melt the ice then? I think fire in many degrees is much stronger than ice, unless there were other factors controling the situation.
Nashya
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 03:43 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Gah, I need to stay caught up on comments! Many of you guys questions are answered in the next few updates so I gotta let you fidget and wait em out 'til then X3. But there's a few things I can give away not directly related to plot!

QUOTE (RaveyRai @ Sep 10 2010, 05:44 PM)
WAIT! Are the shiny fairy butterfly thingers like mobile devices to the fae? On page 89 with the females? If so--that is sooo cool.

HAHAHA! Yes they are! They're called Messengers. You'll see a lot more of them later in the story ^^.

QUOTE (friendlyMosquito @ Sep 12 2010, 02:21 AM)
Going back a few pages, methinks Apple-boy was out past curfew...
And he sort of... cheated... to get back inside... or he's not allowed inside int he first place and that's why he's in trouble...
You don't suppose he snuck into the girl's dormitory? 0.o

WILD MASS GUESSING!!!!

Ooooooh, those are some really good guesses actually XD!

God, you wanna know what's hilarious? There's an academy in this town near where Myth sneaks in. It's co-ed, but still, you're guesses are just SO close it's creepy! D: Did you sneak into my mind while I was sleeping! *covers ears* XD!

QUOTE (Sunset7 @ Sep 24 2010, 09:35 AM)
Apparently, it looks like Apple-boy/Myth has done something wrong to be put into an interogation situation. Though I'm highly amused at the interrogator's (I think his name was Glenn)'s way to break the ice (pun intended.)

I love the cool colors in the room, and in Glenn's outfit. It really does give a hint to his ability in freezing stuff up.
Now that I think of it, Myth's hair is red and his ability is fire, so I'm thinking that a fae's certain hair color controls a certain power. That's my guess.

And that brings up a question, why didn't Myth just melt the ice then? I think fire in many degrees is much stronger than ice, unless there were other factors controling the situation.

Yup! Myth has been bad! Next update explains why ^^!

Gah you're making so many good observations XD! Glenn and Myth are sort of my generic (this is how magic works) fire and ice users. They can both use any element in nature you can think of though.

Fae, being all close to nature, lean heavily towards the elements/seasons they were born in. Myth is a summer baby and Glenn is a Winter baby. These elements are second nature to them. I know it's kinda cliche but I like it XD! It's not that obvious with all the Fae though.

Fae need their hands to guide magic. Bind their hands and they can't use most offensive spells. Just like with using a weapon, it's the whole 'eye to hand' coordination thing. If Myth tried to use a fire spell right now he'd engulf the whole room and end up hurting himself in the process. I tried to make magic is fairly complex in FG. If a Fae is uncomfortable, be it physically or emotionally, they can't use magic properly. Myth doesn't like the cold. Glenn knows this. Glenn is also older and way stronger, so he's disabled Myth's ability to use magic. He's Breaking the spell in the last panel. You know the Silence spell in Final Fantasy? Makes it so you can't use magic? I got the idea from that :3.

Eventually, once I stop being a bum, I'll have a big 'HOW MAGIC WORKS" section on the site. Any magic that's purple (like in the last panel on page 93) is neutral and can be used for a number of things.

But Myth playing mute on purpose because he's a brat.
The-seventh-gate
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 04:55 PM

Member No.: 322

I just noticed something and i know i'm probably late on this one...but the chapter titles put together are like a poem! :D i love it. and Excellent job on the comic so far :) every friday is a highlight to my week :3
antamony
Posted: Oct 2 2010, 09:22 PM

Member No.: 329

i wondering if myth is like some big hot shot criminal whos a tad bit to familiar with the police. how old is he?
« Next Oldest | Fungus Grotto | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1002 seconds | Archive