InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Groove Organic. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Page updates : Black and White??
Skatora
Posted: Sep 16 2011, 03:15 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 351

Personally, I like the comic the way it is. The rich, vibrant full-color pages stand out from other webcomics in a very good way. I'd rather have "slow" updates for the beauty of the comic. And really, it's not that inconvenient to check this comic for updates once every couple of months.

However, I think that posting up black and white pages to satisfy the impatient appetites of some of your readers is also appealing. Maybe you could post those "WIP" pages here in the forums rather than in the comic proper. That way, readers will still get the story we desperately crave without sacrificing the established quality of your webcomic.

Also, my two-cents about the raging going on about the (lack of) updates: I think that Nashya should just post up somewhere on her site that her webcomic has "No set updating schedule" and, at best, "updates once a month." I think having this posted up will let new readers know that this comic is focused on quality, not quantity. And I think that if readers know right off the bat that Fungus Grotto updates maybe once a month, they'd be less hostile about updates.

Because, afterall, some is better than none, and I personally would like to thank Ms,Shatia Hamilton for sharing her story with us... And for free, too! Beggars can't be choosers, guys.
truthteller
Posted: Sep 16 2011, 03:03 PM

Member No.: 350

QUOTE (Skatora @ Sep 16 2011, 03:15 AM)
Personally, I like the comic the way it is. The rich, vibrant full-color pages stand out from other webcomics in a very good way. I'd rather have "slow" updates for the beauty of the comic. And really, it's not that inconvenient to check this comic for updates once every couple of months.

However, I think that posting up black and white pages to satisfy the impatient appetites of some of your readers is also appealing. Maybe you could post those "WIP" pages here in the forums rather than in the comic proper. That way, readers will still get the story we desperately crave without sacrificing the established quality of your webcomic.

Also, my two-cents about the raging going on about the (lack of) updates: I think that Nashya should just post up somewhere on her site that her webcomic has "No set updating schedule" and, at best, "updates once a month." I think having this posted up will let new readers know that this comic is focused on quality, not quantity. And I think that if readers know right off the bat that Fungus Grotto updates maybe once a month, they'd be less hostile about updates.

Because, afterall, some is better than none, and I personally would like to thank Ms,Shatia Hamilton for sharing her story with us... And for free, too! Beggars can't be choosers, guys.

ok I will agree with this. thank you skatora
ayashi
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 03:38 PM

Member No.: 228

Yay Nashya is back! I think choosing that green hue was a wise decision over straight black and white. Your line-art certainly hasn't suffered during your hiatus, welcome back!
« Next Oldest | Fungus Grotto | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5430 seconds | Archive