Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Groove Organic. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

About the comic process
Kasti
Posted: Jul 9 2007, 03:51 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Hey Nashya!

I don't know if you shared this with us before but I'm very curious about what's the process of making a comic page. I know how you color them (which is very effective and time efficient btw!) but I want to know how you incorporate the backgrounds in there too.

The backgrounds are so...DETAILED! And I pay close attention to them because they're lovely. And the characters always pop out with them as well. But, do you paint the backgrounds seperately and paste them in or do you paint bgs panel by panel (that sounds painful...).

Oh and one more question! About your word bubbles. Do you draw them yourself because they don't look like how you would use the lasso tool with. If you do use the lasso tool...that's talented. *laughs* Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm trying to do a comic myself and I find your ways very inspiring.

Edit: I think I posted in the wrong section! *just noticed* Sorry. Move this if you need to!
Seitou
Posted: Jul 9 2007, 05:09 PM

Member No.: 45

I had some of those questions myself. I always wonder how she keeps the backgrounds consistent (like when viewing the same scene from difference angles). Same thing with the lighting/shading. If you ever get a chance, you should do a little tutorial.
SanisiUK
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:28 PM

Member No.: 71

I'd also be very interested in hearing how Nashya goes from idea to comic form.
I never know where to start.
Seitou
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 08:06 AM

Member No.: 45

I was looking through her deviantART gallery and she has a couple tutorials/making-of things in there. They're really cool :D
Ibuki
  Posted: Sep 22 2007, 07:03 PM

Member No.: 87

Yeah i've always wondered about that too. I'm trying to get a comic together myself but it's kind of complicated getting a layout and placing the bubbles in the right places. ^^;
karehano
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 06:38 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 30

I don't have the link at the moment but there was a book by an american cartoonist on the art of paneling and different ways to space them out and design them along with layouts and bubbling for different stories and situations within the stories. I'll look it up now. :-)

But like Seitou said, Nashya also has wicked cool tutorials on her devianart. ;)
sandrinepoussin
  Posted: Oct 7 2008, 04:58 PM

Member No.: 242

Yessir! I quite agree with the fact that the backgrounds are actually Fantassstic! :P
I dint know that was on dev art i'm ago check it out soon !
« Next Oldest | Fungus Grotto | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0969 seconds | Archive