|· Rules · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to H.M.S. Harmony. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: May 6 2005, 02:59 PM
The Evil Overlord
Member No.: 3
Joined: 12-January 05
Users are required to abide by the site-wide rules laid down both here and in the specific forums (if they happen to have forum specific rules) as well as accept that we have the right to modify the rules without prior notice.
1) The language of communication on the H.M.S. Harmony Forums is in English. Posts in any other language will be deleted without warning. This is done so that all users of this site can comprehend each other.
2) Our moderators strive to ensure congeniality on this forum; therefore members are required to be polite to each other in their posts. Any disruption of the peace will be dealt with, strongly.
3) Posts that consist of flaming, spamming, trolling and “netspeak” will not be tolerated on this forum and will immediately be deleted. If you have a problem, contact a staff member and we'll deal with it.
4) Posts bashing H/Hr (either individually or, as a couple) and/or H/Hr shippers will be deleted on sight, and the offender will be banned for life, without warning.
5) We do allow posts that bash or rant against rival ships or sites, but we will not tolerate posts bashing specific individuals on those ships. No names, nicknames or partially obscured names of opposing shippers/debaters - unless, of course, they come here to disrupt the peace. ;)
6) Posts/Content making fun of or bashing a specific race, religion, political entity, nationality, etc., will be deleted on sight and the offender will receive a stern warning or may even be banned, depending on the nature of the offence committed.
7) Posts containing quotes from other forums shall be edited or deleted, immediately and without warning. If one has to point to a post on another forum, simply link to it. One is allowed to quote from HP or other news based sites or from Rowling's and/or the publisher's sites (please credit the site concerned in your post).
8) Posts on the HMS Harmony Forums are not allowed to be copied and pasted onto other sites.
9) Please make sure your posts are of relevance to a specific thread or forum. Any off-topic post will be dealt with, by an admin or mod, as he or she sees fit.
10) One line posts are generally frowned upon and will be deleted unless they contain content which, an administrator or moderator deems, is worth keeping.
11) Refrain from using excessive emoticons when posting. There’s no need to put three or four of these :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: to get your point across. In addition, refrain from multi-quoting posts as well as double or triple posting, etc.
12) Please use the thread in the Town Hall forum for introductions. Introductions are not allowed on other threads or posts across the forums.
13) Advertising non-profit sites using one’s signature is the only form of advertising that is accepted but that must be in accordance with the Avatar & Signature Guidelines.
14) You are required to follow our Avatar & Signature Guidelines if you decide to use an avatar or signature.
15) Hotlinking images from other sites, in posts, is prohibited and will be deleted immediately, even if the site (and bandwidth) is your own. You may only hotlink to your own avatars. See the signature/avatar rules for further clarification on this rule.
16) Members who supply false information about their ages and/or gender will be deleted from this site, instantly - you are not required to give your age or gender upon registration.
17) Impersonating another member is absolutely forbidden. This rule extends to the hacking of other users' accounts, stealing their passwords, or cloning other people on the site by choosing a username similar to theirs. Persons caught doing this will be banned.
18) No posts posted on the HMS Harmony Forums may contain any discussion regarding illegal activities. Any members caught promoting or attempting to recruit others to take part in illegal activities will be dealt with severely and reported to the authorities concerned.
19) This is an H/Hr forum, therefore, usernames that promote rival ships, like “RonHermione4ever” or “HermionelovesRon”, etc., are not allowed. Such names will be deleted, without warning, and that individual's membership will immediately be revoked.
20) Posts, images, etc., which contain or promote R or NC-17 matter or teacher/pupil, animal/human, incest, etc. relationships are not allowed. Members who post such content will be dealt with sternly.
21) Derogatory comments made towards any member of the staff will get you banned.
These rules are subject to change, addition or modification - with or without notice. It is up to members to occassionally peruse the rules for changes and obey them.
Our Admin and Mod Teams will enforce the rules to the fullest extent possible, and reserve the right to delete anything from these forums that they may consider inappropriate without prior notice or reasoning. Rule violations shall result in punishment subject to the depth of the violation - the decisions of our admins and mods are final and binding. The Administrators of the HMS Harmony Forums reserve the right to terminate your membership with these forums should that be the course of action we see fit.
If you, as a member of this forum, should see any post, avatar or signature that violates the rules, then you are requested to report the offending post (by using the report post button) or, in the case of avatars and signatures, send a PM to one of the following staff members:
Blind Eyed Diana
Mad Eyed Mike
Thank-you for taking the time to peruse the HMS Harmony forum’s site-wide rules.
This post has been edited by Vanceone on Jan 21 2006, 11:06 PM
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 11:53 PM
Group: Hall of Fame
Member No.: 28
Joined: 10-May 05
All content posted on this board is copyrighted. The holders of these copyrights are InvisionFree (the hosting company); the board itself; and the members' whose post they are. By posting here, you agree to grant permission for the board and InvisionFree to use those posts as they see fit, in any manner they deem necessary. This permission is retroactive to the beginning of this site.
As these posts are copyrighted, In no circumstance can any post be duplicated, copied, or otherwise reproduced in any form, on any other website, without permission of one of the copyright holders. Thus, members can grant permission to reproduce their posts elsewhere. This applies to guests, visitors, and others who are not necessarily members of this board; as well as members. U.S. Copyright law will govern in most cases.
Violations of this policy can and will be prosecuted. The board itself can and will take all legal actions necessary. If you notice a violation of this policy, (i.e., some posts off this board reproduced elsewhere), please PM a staff member.
If any post on this board or other content violates any copyright of someone else, please let a member of the staff know. This board will have no liability for any copyright infringement, unless the board is informed of such copyright infringement, and has a reasonable time to investigate, and cure it if possible.
Vanceone: OBHWF's say there is so much evidence!
Death: MERE ACCUMULATION OF OBSERVATIONAL EVIDENCE IS NOT PROOF
Vanceone: So, it is okay to ship H/Hr?
Death: WHY NOT? YOU HAVE HAD AN EDUCATION
-- adapted from HogFather, by Terry Pratchett, page 326