|· Rules · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to H.M.S. Harmony. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 06:46 PM
Mistress of Evil, according to Mike
Group: Hall of Fame
Member No.: 7
Joined: 13-January 05
What is this? This is a shoutbox--a method of chatting inside the forums. Instead of posting all the time, you can shout here in the shoutbox. Just enter your user name, enter what you have to say in the message area, and click "say." Smiles are available, just like a forum post. However, there are some rules for using the shoutbox.
1) Keep talk about Harry Potter in the specific forums. The Shoutbox is not for discussing what will happen in HP books.
2) With the exception of one-liners, the Site-Wide Forum Rules still apply to the shoutbox. This means netspeak, flaming, naming opposing shippers, NC-17 or X-rated stories, etc., are still NOT ALLOWED
3) When using the shoutbox, we ask you to use your Harmony Forum username, in order to avoid confusion. However, you are allowed to use slight variations: for instance, instead of “Mirtilla” using “Mirty” but your user name must remain recognizable to other members. Any shout in the shoutbox by a member we do not recognize will be removed immediately regardless of content.
4) If you see an offensive shout you may PM a staff member, who will delete the shout if they see it as offensive.
5) No Spam or trolling or repeated posts. Users caught spamming or trolling will be banned from the shoutbox.
The shoutbox is a privilege for members only. Guest, validating and banned users do not have access to it. This forum is a read only forum therefore you won’t be able to start a topic or reply to it. For any questions feel free to PM a staff member.
Disclamer: The HF shout box will be under constant moderator supervision and is still under testing. The staff may choose to alter/add rules or liberties as we see fit. Should this project not work out as planned, this forum and the shout box will be closed, possibly without warning. That's not intended to be a threat; we just want to let you know the reality of the situation.
If you cannot load the shoutbox be sure to have installed on your computer the Java Software.
This post has been edited by Mirtilla on Jul 4 2005, 07:00 PM
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down
Comes a light feelin's liftin'
Lift that baby right up off the ground.
Oh, this old world keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down
There comes a time.
You and I we were captured
We took our souls and we flew away
We were right, we were giving
That's how we kept what we gave away.
- Neil Young, Comes A Time