Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Welcome May God Bless Our Fellowship
PRAISE THE LORD. PRAISE THE LORD FROM THE HEAVENS, PRAISE HIM IN THE HEIGHTS ABOVE. PSALM 148:1

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Heavensbpraised. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Fish the Net - Online Evangelism

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Walmart: Piped propaganda, snitch, snitch,
buckthesystem
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 06:18 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 35

This is just creepy! Does anyone else think so?

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1291648380371.shtm

Washington, D.C. - Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department's national "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country - launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," said Secretary Napolitano. "I applaud Walmart for joining the ‘If You See Something, Say Something' campaign. This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities."

The "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign—originally implemented by New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority and funded, in part, by $13 million from DHS' Transit Security Grant Program—is a simple and effective program to engage the public and key frontline employees to identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to the proper transportation and law enforcement authorities.

More than 230 Walmart stores nationwide launched the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign today, with a total of 588 Walmart stores in 27 states joining in the coming weeks. A short video message will play at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity.

The public service announcement will air in all Walmart stores equipped with checkout video screens.

Over the past five months, DHS has worked with its federal, state, local and private sector partners, as well as the Department of Justice, to expand the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign and Nationwide SAR Initiative to communities throughout the country—including the recent state-wide expansions of the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign across Minnesota and New Jersey. Partners include the Mall of America, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, Amtrak, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, sports and general aviation industries, and state and local fusion centers across the country.

In the coming months, the Department will continue to expand the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign nationally with public education materials and outreach tools designed to help America's businesses, communities and citizens remain vigilant and play an active role in keeping the country safe.
Ladypeartree
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 11:55 AM

HBP Family

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

**er** ok so maybe I am not seeing something that you see but if you see something that you think is wrong as far as I am concerned it is right to report it **er**
walla299
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 05:55 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 44

I have an idea that the program could be abused and used in a KGB-like fashion to get people to "snitch" each other off to da cops. :D Given the Marxists in the current regime in Washington -- I can see this being used for something creepy. Big time.

However, I remember a similar campaign while in London during the 80's when bombings and bomb scares were quite common. It was a bunch called the IRA back then. There were announcements on radio and TV, and signs on the buses and in the Tube. I don't remember the slogan, but it was something similar. A rubbish bin blew up about half an hour after we left a restaurant . . . a reminder even then that there were bad folks in the world.

Also, you find this sort of thing all over the place in Israel -- for obvious reasons. ""k345::
buckthesystem
Posted: Jan 10 2011, 05:47 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (walla299 @ Jan 10 2011, 11:55 AM)
I have an idea that the program could be abused and used in a KGB-like fashion to get people to "snitch" each other off to da cops. :D Given the Marxists in the current regime in Washington -- I can see this being used for something creepy. Big time.

However, I remember a similar campaign while in London during the 80's when bombings and bomb scares were quite common. It was a bunch called the IRA back then. There were announcements on radio and TV, and signs on the buses and in the Tube. I don't remember the slogan, but it was something similar. A rubbish bin blew up about half an hour after we left a restaurant . . . a reminder even then that there were bad folks in the world.

Also, you find this sort of thing all over the place in Israel -- for obvious reasons. ""k345::

I see your point, but the thing is that there have been no rubbish tins in the streets blowing up or random acts of terrorism in America. So why is this awful woman's voice being piped throughout department stores, urging people to pretend they are in Stasi East Germany?

It is perpetuating the culture of fear throughout America, the manufactured "terrorist threat". It seems the powers that be want the American people to live in a constant state of fear, so that they will willingly hand over all their rights and freedoms to government. When in truth (my opinion anyway) the biggest thing the American people have to fear at this time is their own government.

I don't know why the US government went out of its way to convince the people that there was a "terrorist threat" early this century, it is so obvious (to most of us anyway) that the only "winners" from this situation are those that already have power but wanted far more - and yeah, it worked, now they have unlimited power.

Surely you must have heard about the "naked body scanners" and "enhanced patdowns" perpetrated by a gang of perverts (euphemistically called the TSA) at all US airports, and now the "body scanners" are copied in airports in a lot of other countries. Well very soon you won't be able to go to a sports venue, shopping mall or train or bus station without being fondled and groped by these creeps with endorsement and cheering on by Janet Napolitano - the "Tokyo Rose" of Walmart. Who justifies all this by claiming that there is now, wait for it ........ a 'HOMEGROWN" terrorist threat.

Eventually, when she has her way, neighbour will be eyeing neighbour with suspicion, parent eyeing child, child also eyeing parent, and they will all be straight onto the "snitch line" all in the name of "preventing homegrown terrorism".

In the heyday of the Stasi there was a saying: (Something like) half the people are spying on the other half.

I might be exaggerating to say that there is a danger of this happening in America, but reading the "comments" from news items about things like the OP, it is quite disheartening. This seems to be creating a mentality of "it is OK to snitch, government said so, and we should trust government". "Trust government" when history has proven beyond doubt that people should NEVER trust their government. This sort of thing makes for tyranny, nothing more.
Butero
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 11:26 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

The government had already been asking for truckers help in keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior. That started after 9-11. If the program is about snitching everyone out for every illegal activity, I have a problem with it. At the same time, if we are being asked to keep an eye out for potential terrorists, I am all for it. This program doesn't really bother me.
buckthesystem
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 03:34 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Butero @ Feb 28 2011, 05:26 AM)
The government had already been asking for truckers help in keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior. That started after 9-11. If the program is about snitching everyone out for every illegal activity, I have a problem with it. At the same time, if we are being asked to keep an eye out for potential terrorists, I am all for it. This program doesn't really bother me.

What are you supposed to do?

Look out for "suspicious looking" trucks? "Suspicious behaviour" could mean just about anything.
savedricky
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 07:23 AM

Chat Admin

Group: Chat Admin
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (walla299 @ Jan 10 2011, 12:55 AM)

Indeed although the terrorist threat has abated here somewhat the PSNI are still asking people within the community who suspect people to be members of the distends to contact them. Evan Sinn Fein are doing it now.
buckthesystem
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 06:39 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (savedricky @ Mar 7 2011, 01:23 AM)
I have an idea that the program could be abused and used in a KGB-like fashion to get people to "snitch" each other off to da cops.  :D  Given the Marxists in the current regime in Washington -- I can see this being used for something creepy. Big time.

Also, you find this sort of thing all over the place in Israel -- for obvious reasons.  ""k345::

Indeed although the terrorist threat has abated here somewhat the PSNI are still asking people within the community who suspect people to be members of the distends to contact them. Evan Sinn Fein are doing it now.

Yeah I see that UK might still have their problems, but the Walmart thing is about the "war on terrorism" which is obviously a big "have". The last American president declared a "war on terrorism" - Muslim "terrorism" that does not exist, never has, and is totally made up to scare the population into submission.

It's "tentacles" have reached worldwide to an extent, but specifically in UK where the former PM - Tony Blair - mirrored the actions of Bush and decided to "legislate the UK population into a state of constant fear" and therefore submission too.

This is all evil, and I absolutely hate to see what UK has become during the last nine or ten years or so. I also hate to see what is happening in America. However, a lot of Americans seem to be waking up to what is going on and protesting about it at least.

I haven't seen much evidence that says that the UK public are doing the same, I hope I'm wrong and they are.

My one source (the only one left that I know who is still in the country) of inside information from UK is my old school friend, Kerry who has lived in London for more than 20 years now and emails me regularly. He is more paranoid than me, but maybe for good reason, I don't know. The UK I knew now seems like another world. Is it really that paranoid?

(I know LadyP is "ultra reasonable" as is Ricky and Lass, but then there's a whole lot of others there too - about 65 million I think)
savedricky
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 10:09 AM

Chat Admin

Group: Chat Admin
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (buckthesystem @ Mar 7 2011, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (savedricky @ Mar 7 2011, 01:23 AM)
I have an idea that the program could be abused and used in a KGB-like fashion to get people to "snitch" each other off to da cops.  :D  Given the Marxists in the current regime in Washington -- I can see this being used for something creepy. Big time.

Also, you find this sort of thing all over the place in Israel -- for obvious reasons.  ""k345::

Yeah I see that UK might still have their problems, but the Walmart thing is about the "war on terrorism" which is obviously a big "have". The last American president declared a "war on terrorism" - Muslim "terrorism" that does not exist, never has, and is totally made up to scare the population into submission.

It's "tentacles" have reached worldwide to an extent, but specifically in UK where the former PM - Tony Blair - mirrored the actions of Bush and decided to "legislate the UK population into a state of constant fear" and therefore submission too.

This is all evil, and I absolutely hate to see what UK has become during the last nine or ten years or so. I also hate to see what is happening in America. However, a lot of Americans seem to be waking up to what is going on and protesting about it at least.

I haven't seen much evidence that says that the UK public are doing the same, I hope I'm wrong and they are.

My one source (the only one left that I know who is still in the country) of inside information from UK is my old school friend, Kerry who has lived in London for more than 20 years now and emails me regularly. He is more paranoid than me, but maybe for good reason, I don't know. The UK I knew now seems like another world. Is it really that paranoid?

(I know LadyP is "ultra reasonable" as is Ricky and Lass, but then there's a whole lot of others there too - about 65 million I think)

NI isn't really paranoid at all any more, yeah there is the dissident threat but there isn't people getting killed anymore. The only place I've witnessed paranoia is at airports. What the police do is work within communities to combat the dissident threat useing normal police work including intelligence gathered from the community. To be honest most people here are more worried about being beaten up by yobs than being blown to bits by an IRA bomb though is a relative non paranoia as you used to get searched going into the shops in Belfast during the troubles
Butero
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 07:45 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

QUOTE (buckthesystem @ Mar 7 2011, 12:39 PM)
The last American president declared a "war on terrorism" - Muslim "terrorism" that does not exist, never has, and is totally made up to scare the population into submission.

BTS, if you were to tell me that America may have gone overboard in how they are dealing with the Muslim terrorist threat, I might agree with you, but to claim that no threat exists is absurd. We lost the twin towers as a result of Muslim terrorists. I don't think the destruction of the twin towers were made up by Bush to scare the citizens of this country? There is a limit to how much of an invasion of my privacy I will put up with, but simply asking people to watch out for suspicious activity is not a problem to me.

Suspicious activities for me simply means something out of the ordinary. I have been driving long enough to recognize something suspicious. I have tried to be diligent in this task. So far, the few times I have seen something that appeared out of the ordinary turned out to be ok. By the way, I didn't report any of them. I just kept an eye on what was taking place till I was convinced everything was alright. Simple measures like that might prevent someone from setting off a truck bomb.
buckthesystem
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 06:19 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Butero @ Mar 8 2011, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (buckthesystem @ Mar 7 2011, 12:39 PM)
The last American president declared a "war on terrorism" - Muslim "terrorism" that does not exist, never has, and is totally made up to scare the population into submission.

BTS, if you were to tell me that America may have gone overboard in how they are dealing with the Muslim terrorist threat, I might agree with you, but to claim that no threat exists is absurd. We lost the twin towers as a result of Muslim terrorists. I don't think the destruction of the twin towers were made up by Bush to scare the citizens of this country?

Dear Butero, (I'm calling you that so that you know that I am not trying to be insulting to you, coz you are, after all, my brother in Christ).

Really, I am not trying to be insulting at all, I know it comes across that way, but that's just me, I can't help it, I'm a horrible, cynical person.

I think you know what I believe with regard to the above, if it makes you feel any better I don't think Bush personally made anything up either. He just did what he was told and is quite blameless really.

However, we are not supposed to discuss that, so I'll drop it right here and now.

Anyway, it is good to know that "the troubles" in Northern Ireland have really come to an end. Maybe they'll resurface in a few years, I don't know.

Reading about Janet Napolitano and Walmart really "creeped me out" though, it reminded me of reading about the Stasi secret police in East Germany in the 70s. That all came to a natural conclusion and "self imploded". Maybe that's what inevitably happens to that sort of thing.

People's attitudes have changed "bigtime" over this last generation. I remember in 2005 I worked in a local supermarket and at a "smoko break" some of the "after school workers" were talking about their pay and comparing notes when one of their number came in and said "we are not supposed to talk about our pay", the boy who had been the main discusser said "oh, right!" and immediately changed the subject. It is horrifying for me to see people just doing what they are told without question or reason all the time. "In my day" (and here I am saying that when my mother used to say "in my day" and I vowed that I would never say it because it is so absurd) we would have taken "you must not ...." as a queue to do exactly that.

People have turned into obsequious little .....s

Maybe I really am paranoid, but then .......... oh yeah, I remember now: Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness.
Ladypeartree
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 06:23 AM

HBP Family

QUOTE (buckthesystem @ Mar 8 2011, 01:19 PM)
[Maybe I really am paranoid, but then .......... oh yeah, I remember now: Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness.

:D well since there is none perfect but God I will take that as the sign NOT to be paranoid ...... ::hgg5::
buckthesystem
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 06:30 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ladypeartree @ Mar 9 2011, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (buckthesystem @ Mar 8 2011, 01:19 PM)
[Maybe I really am paranoid, but then .......... oh yeah, I remember now:  Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness.

:D well since there is none perfect but God I will take that as the sign NOT to be paranoid ...... ::hgg5::

Well, you just should be. You're missing out on so much.

You get to wear a tin hat, live in a cave, have 10 different aliases etc. etc.

Think how interesting life could be.

After all God made us all like we are, and he does have a sense of humour, and things would be really boring without a sense of humour.
Ladypeartree
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 06:32 AM

HBP Family

::frsnojo:: oh my life is never boring ...and I dont even need to wear aliminium underwear <<nee>> <<nee>> <<nee>> <<nee>>
buckthesystem
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 06:58 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ladypeartree @ Mar 9 2011, 12:32 AM)
::frsnojo:: oh my life is never boring ...and I dont even need to wear aliminium underwear <<nee>> <<nee>> <<nee>> <<nee>>

:ph43r: KEVLAR underwear, actually!

You can get some really stylish pieces now, and in a variety of pastel colours.

http://www.charnwoodhealthcare.com/klinerorder.htm

(it also comes in womens' styles, satin and lace coverings - check it out and you too, can be really paranoid, what with your tin hat and all) :ph43r:
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | U.S. News | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0711 seconds | Archive
document.write("
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com