InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Key Stage 3 History. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Target setting, discuss and set your targets
bulliond
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:54 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

i want to think carfally about the events in history so that get the flow of time correct

to give as much datel as i can about the past time

to try differnt ways at looking at events so i can build what really happened

to think carfally about the person in the past so i can build my own
timline unsure.gif
parrisk

Member No.: 19

Jennifer's targets are:

Draw together your factual knowledge of the history you have studied to support your studies of different periods so that you have an overview of your history
Use your wider knowledge of the past to help you to spot links and patterns across the history that you have studied so that you are able to see history as more than simply a series of isolated events
When you examine an event in the past make sure that you consider all of the influences on the event including government, economy, religion and social so that you are able to fully describe the event and its place in the past
When you have identified the causes of an event in the past think about how important each of the causes are before you explain how they link together to make the event happen so that you are able to pass judgement on why an event really happened
Use your understanding of the causes of an event to help you decide on the importance of its results so that you are able to develop your explanation of the event from the fullest possible overview
When you look at a source of evidence about the past make sure that you consider the author before you read the source so that you are fully aware of what point of view and bias the source is written with
When you are analysing the reliability of a source consider the position and aims of the author so that you are able to explain why the source gives a different interpretation of events to other sources you are using
Consider how an author comes to write their evidence so that you can be sure about if s source is what the government or rebels thought for instance
Think carefully about the questions you are being asked to answer before you produce your work so that you are able to focus carefully on producing an answer that shows real understanding of the task you have been set
Try to think beyond the questions you have been set by letting your mind follow your own ideas and lines of enquiry so that you are able to develop your own understanding of an event or change in the past
Develop your understanding of events and changes in the past outside of the classroom by carrying out independent research using sources and evidence that your teacher has not given you and then bring this new knowledge into the work you are given so that you are an independent learner
Never simply accept what you are told or things that you read in books as the truth unless you are sure that what you are being told is supported by the evidence so that you are always thinking critically about the past
Be prepared to go against the opinion of your teacher, your class or the books if you are sure that your ideas are correct and can be justified with the evidence that you have
Structure your work with the aim of communicating your knowledge, understanding and ideas to others who cannot ask you face to face by explaining everything and backing all that you say with evidence so that your work reflects your true level of understanding laugh.gif wink.gif
deerings

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (williamsons @ Apr 6 2004, 10:43 AM)
[B]<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='font-family:Courier'>My target is to spend more time on my project and go through spell check and making sure that i understand my work. i must read through my work and understand it. i could write neater in my projects and in my school classwork.</span></span>[/B]

hi this is sam you said that you need to make your pojects to be neater but ur writting is neat though. unsure.gif [FONT=Arial][SIZE=14][COLOR=red]
regnierk
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:56 AM

Member No.: 23

KERRY

MY TARGETS IS TO Describe all the things that you write or talk about in the past such as events and people so that you are able to show that you understand your knowledge of the past
allertonr
  Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:57 AM

Member No.: 2

My targets are to:
Describe all the things that I write and talk abut in the past such as events and people so that I am able to show that I understand my knowledge of the past.
Always try to find links between the events that I have studied throughout KS3 so that I am able to spot paterns of behaviour and causes for events in the past.
Consider the full range of causes and links between people, events and ideas in the past so that my explainations use of all my knowledge not just the things I have just learnt about.
Look carefully at each of the causes I identify for an event in the past and try to explain how each one is involved in making the event happen so that I am able to have a fully developed explanation of the past.
Select the evidence from a source that supports my interpretation and then use it in my answers by quoting it so that you are able to strengthen my arguments and ideas.
Use my wider knowledge of the past to help me to spot links and patterns across the history that I have studied so that I am able to see history as more than simply a series of isolated events. cool.gif
clarkes
  Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:59 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

My targets are

My target for knowledge and understanding is to : find out more and write more detailed acounts

My target for causes and consequences is to : To give more evidence and explain why.

My target for using sources is to : Use more sources and understand more things that happened

My target for interpretation is to : Identify more changes

rolleyes.gif
pages
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 11:01 AM

Member No.: 18

My targets for my project

1 My target for chronology is to use sigificant dates and terms, to help draw conclusions.

2 My target foe knkowledge and understanding is to select knowledge and to make links within and aross periods of history.

3. My target for cause and consequence is to explain the most valid causes and consequences.

4. my target for using sources is to identify and evaluate sources and useing them to reach a conculsion.

ashmans
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 11:01 AM

Member No.: 3

Have to make sure to be more confident on the names, events and dates of the history topic so that I will be able to use the correct facts when speaking and writing in lessons.

When writing about the history have to study making sure I include names, dates and the correct events so that my work is always based on correct facts

When reading important sources of evidence I need to decide my own opinions of judgements and to pick out what I already know about the event so that I am able to make judgements on what the author of the source is telling me.

Need to analyse why people in the past provided many different versions of the same event. One of the questions I should be thinking is: who they were and why they might want to present the event differently so that you can then explain these things in your work by picking out the differences in the sources you study.
dayl
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 11:03 AM

Member No.: 9

 Once you are confident about what happened in an event focus on the causes so that you can
Once you are confident about what happened in an event focus on the causes so that you can explain why something happened, not just what happened explain why something happened, not just what happened tongue.gif
reddeyg

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

Grace's targets are to:
get to at least a level 6 in all of my history projects..

to listen to all of the instuctions...

start my projects in time

to think ofwhat i have to to... wacko.gif
everistc

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12

my targets are to describe all the things that i write or talk about in the past such as events and people, so that i am able to show that i understand my knowledge of the past. Always try to find links between the events i have studied throughout Key Stage 3 so that i am able to spot patterns of behaviour and causes for events in the past. Consider the full range of causes and links between people, events and ideas in the past so that my explanations use all of my knowledge not just the things i have just learnt about.
martine
  Posted: Apr 6 2004, 11:04 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]

My targets for my english civil war project is to use more resaerch sources and gain more marks. i would also like to improve on my cause and back up my quotes. i would like more pictures to be used and to gain more marks on my interpretatipon. wub.gif
parrisk
Posted: Apr 6 2004, 11:05 AM

Member No.: 19

Jennifer's targets are:

Draw together my factual knowledge of the history I have studied to support my studies of different periods so that i have an overview of your history
Use my wider knowledge of the past to help me to spot links and patterns across the history that I have studied so that I am able to see history as more than simply a series of isolated events
To understand the Consquences and the causes of the english civil war
martine
  Posted: Apr 19 2004, 02:12 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

Emma

My targets for my future history assignments are... to read through the work I have produced to make sure it is to a standard that I could no longer improve. To always give myself enough time to work on my project.

MAIN TARGETS biggrin.gif
1) chronology- to learn how to consistently analyse and reach conclusions about the significance of certain dates and periods in history.

2) knowledge and understanding- learn how to analyse how a range of events across different periods of history and society are linked using extensive and detailed knowledge.

3) causes and consequences- to learn how to reach a substantiated conclusion having assessed the significance of causes and consequences.

4) sources- to learn how to identify and evaluate sources.

5) interpretation- to explain how and why.

6) communication- to learn how to organise, select, research and use relevant information.

rolleyes.gif
« Next Oldest | Target Setting | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1470 seconds | Archive