InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Tomb Kings of Khemri Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Vc Versus Tk, (Insert Comparisons and Complaints Here)
AegisGray
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:28 AM

Necropolis Guard

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Karnack @ Apr 22 2012, 11:07 PM)
I am not sure if the dangerous terrain spell effects the throne or engine, they are counted as etherial when they move (along with Black Knights) and ignore all terrain, but normally yes that spell is dynomite against a charriot.

The rules for ethereal says they treat all terrain as open terrain for movement correct so they don't get slowed down or need to take a Dangerous Terrain test when they move. But it doesn't say that they ignore the test so since Vengence makes even open terrain dangerious to move through it can still kill them. Same thing for flyers. Also should work a charm for the hexwraiths since they only have one wound each and no save, amazing how many people don't like moving with that spell on em.

This is beautiful. My Vampire Count buddy is going to hate my magic phase all the more for it. In all honesty I never put two and two with this spell together four use against Ethereals. happy.gif thanks

--------------------
I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
- Serenity Prayer
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- Mark Twain
Karnack
Posted: May 14 2012, 05:04 PM

Skeleton Horseman

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 4,566

If your talking about Vengeance reducing the movement they could make using Vanhels then yes the unit could still move the full 8" if it liked, its the same for flyers since the fly rules isn't related to the movement on the profile just that they can move 10" march 20" etc but they'll still need to take the test.

Just found out this little tidbit in the FAQ

"Q: If a unit with the Fly or Hover special rule has its Movement
reduced by Melkoth’s Mystifying Miasma, does this affect its
ground movement, flying movement or both? (Reference)
A: It will affect both."

so if the shadow sig spell reduces flying movement when that is just a move of up to 10" it can be expected that it can reduce the 8" from the dance. And if melkoth's can do this then so can vengence since they both reduce the movement value.

--------------------
Please pay no attention Stalkers sneaking up on your warmachines
Bastet
Posted: Jan 16 2013, 06:15 PM

Skeleton Horseman

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 5,716

QUOTE (Scarab Lord @ Feb 3 2012, 06:18 PM)
(Though I feel "dirty" every time I open the VC book...)

Good. smile.gif

--------------------
And behold, the almighty god-king Settra did awaken from his sleep of blessed oblivion. His legions, long buried beneath the sands, did arise and stand to attention, awaiting his order. And he did say 'War', and the world did tremble...
The Great Gaming Hall
teclis
Posted: Jan 16 2013, 07:19 PM

Tomb Herald

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 2,021

QUOTE (Bastet @ Jan 17 2013, 12:15 AM)
QUOTE (Scarab Lord @ Feb 3 2012, 06:18 PM)
(Though I feel "dirty" every time I open the VC book...)

Good. smile.gif

epic threadomancer is epic! biggrin.gif

--------------------
« Next Oldest | General Warhammer Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Quick Reply

Bone Idol created all of the nicer artwork on this site, many thanks to him. Warhammer and associated armies and characters are trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks.
Reseller Hosting - Unlimited Domains

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0825 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring