zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Tomb Kings of Khemri Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Warriors Of Chaos..., Help
scarabymaneater
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 12:40 PM

A bug in the Swarm

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 4,850

I've been playing a friend who uses WoC quite a bit and have been losing pretty consistently. How to deal with the regular warriors core? Anything i throw at it is completely decimated by there IN5 and not to mention 4 attacks each (khorne 2hw) Any thoughts on how to combat this insaneness? My sphinx is usually blasted to bits by chaos magic by the time my army reaches his.
athoha
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 04:28 PM

Skeleton Charioteer

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 4,625

QUOTE (scarabymaneater @ Jan 26 2012, 05:40 PM)
I've been playing a friend who uses WoC quite a bit and have been losing pretty consistently. How to deal with the regular warriors core? Anything i throw at it is completely decimated by there IN5 and not to mention 4 attacks each (khorne 2hw) Any thoughts on how to combat this insaneness? My sphinx is usually blasted to bits by chaos magic by the time my army reaches his.

Just a question: Are you me???

cause I have pretty much the same problem, a mostly core based list(for him) and I keep losing. But the worst thing is probably that pretty much all of the time he brag about how good unit/character x/y is for such a small point cost. it would really feel nice to just drive him over(or at least defeat him).

I have so far found out that taking out 4 of 5 knights with casket(twice) really makes someone mad biggrin.gif . Much more I don't know, sry.

--------------------
RejjeN
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 05:26 PM

Necropolis Guard

Member No.: 4,469

I don't know how the equipment options for chaos warriors work in the 7th edition book, but I assume they don't have ADW and shield? If that is the case you could always try sending a skullstorm through them if it's a big block (they'd get a 5+ armor save against it, but you should take down a couple at least), if they are smaller blocks (less than 20) you could try running them over with a 3x2 or 4x2 chariot unit (desication for 2+ to wound at S5 impact hits, from which they get a 6+ armor save), before they get to strike. Isn't always going to work of course.

Also, keep in mind that they are Frenzied, thus they HAVE to overrun when they charge, so send some chaff right in front of them that they can't avoid and position a sphinx/other hard hitters in a flanking position if possible. As I've got no real idea how the general army looks I can only give pointers like these, which may not work in the grand scheme of things but they are things to keep in mind at least smile.gif
scarabymaneater
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 09:36 PM

A bug in the Swarm

Member No.: 4,850

To be honest i have found skullstorm as laughably horrible in terms of risk vs. reward... relatively tough casting value and decent possibility of wiping out whatever unit your priest is in... not cool. Besides that using their frenzy against them sound like a viable tactic. Now that I think of it put out scouting horse archers to draw charges and the likes of that in order to position myself around him better. I haven't taken a casket in a few games need to revert to that. And yes i despise the chaos lords. Chariots are risky I've been running a hord of tomb guard (Btw we play at 2250) The killing blow is nice against his 4+ armor save. Problem is no matter how many i kill i seem to lose the combat by enough to see 35 tomb guard reduced to 10 in one turn then next turn poof they're gone. Chariots definitely sound like they could roll over his blocks of warriors he runs a two at 20 strong the marauders are a no no for chariots... (they carry flails with MoK and lots of 'em)
boneswordlord
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 09:57 PM

A bug in the Swarm

Member No.: 4,853

If they are khorne warriors, lead em away with horse archers or.carrion... That's the most effective tactic I've seen run against my core heavy warrior army. I run a block of 25, 5 wide khorne w 2hw, which I'll throw at a centerline unit generally, and it'll makesome nasty kills... But when I've played.faster armies such as elves, you'd be amazed how that 400 point block just becomes a big red dog chasing cars in the street.

Re trying to force terror and fear test slaneshi mark makes em immune, and all the fear and terror in the world wont do squat.
Use bows en masse... Make em take enough armor saves after a hex and they are

I
Davados1
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:22 AM

Necropolis Guard

Member No.: 4,788

I found a plausible way to deal with those big blocks. The one army I fo struggle to fight is a Core based Chaos army.

The way I get around it now is block them, my friend runs units of 28 (7 wide 4 deep) or small units of 21 (7 wide 3 deep) all with Ad weapons and with mixed marks. I field 2 units of 40 skeleton warriors (5 wide 8 deep) with no upgrades (160 points a unit). Plus the rest of my army.
9 times out of 10, the skeletons will be in combat on turn 3. The skeletons usually last 3 combat rounds or even longer if given magic support (they just happen to be in a augment bubble ment for a more important unit).
This gives you 2 turns to position units to deal with it when they leave combat. The important word their is LEAVE. Never join your Skellies even if you are in a decent flank position. Combat res will kill your nice unit that flanks in the side/rear.

--------------------
Suseb the Lion Theme
Played- 21
Campaigns played - 1
Won - 18
Drawn - 0
Lose - 3

Suseb Kill List: Unkillable Tzeench Lord, Nurgle DP, 91 Swordmasters, 12 HE Spearmen, Sky-cutter, Teclis, 15 White Lions, 12 Chosen Khorne, 2 Skull Crushers 12 Bloodletters, 51 Plague Bearers, 1 clanrant, 1 stormvermin, Queek, Screaming bell.

Times Suseb has been KO'd
I'm joking... 20 times!!!

Painting Blog
Brother Sutek
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:25 PM

Necropolis Guard

Member No.: 3,394

Best I've had for luck against them is using twin casket. It mostly saves me in the movement phase as they seem to send quite alot after them. cool.gif Otherwise shooting them and then hitting with necro knights(hopefully on flank) has doen okay. I was asked to try stalkers but haven't had a chance to yet so I don't know how that would work.

--------------------
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death
Aegyptus
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 01:36 AM

Skeleton Warrior

Member No.: 4,882

One thing that I have found to work in all my games against Chaos, is to bring tomb guard. They have no shooting and can't inflict enough damage to stop you from healing up, especially if you take the SotUL on the group. Every game that group got pelted by what range chaos had, but I was able to heal them up. Chaos is one army where you can bunker in a corner and force them to come to you, making them go through the Tomb Guard, and whatever else you have waiting. This has worked wonderfully for me. Our Catapult and casket seem to be able to do some nice damage as well.
teclis
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 05:01 AM

Tomb Herald

Member No.: 2,021

against chaos Doom&Darkness is the answer. watch those tzentch warriors flee of the table when u hit them with catapults (-4Ld). the key is to use scouts behind them. a terror_bomb is nice too.

-D3S/-D3T is your best option against frenzied warriors with halebards...

without magic there is no way to properly defeat them.

--------------------
Aegyptus
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 05:55 PM

Skeleton Warrior

Member No.: 4,882

QUOTE (teclis @ Apr 29 2012, 04:01 AM)
against chaos Doom&Darkness is the answer. watch those tzentch warriors flee of the table when u hit them with catapults (-4Ld). the key is to use scouts behind them. a terror_bomb is nice too.

-D3S/-D3T is your best option against frenzied warriors with halebards...

without magic there is no way to properly defeat them.

I second that doom and darkness tactic. Works wonderfully. I made many units from chaos flee from a combo of doom and darkness and hits from our catapults. I won one game without ever seeing any close combat because of that tactic.
« Next Oldest | Race Specific tactics | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Bone Idol created all of the nicer artwork on this site, many thanks to him. Warhammer and associated armies and characters are trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks.
Reseller Hosting - Unlimited Domains

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2049 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring