Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tomb Kings of Khemri Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

A Tomb Princess, A character I'm working on.
AegisGray
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 11:48 AM

Necropolis Guard

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 4,725

I'm easily asking too much from a character but thought I would try creating something with a bit more combat flare for my army. I am working with my normal playing group to get their feedback for fairness.

Shushaneh'leil - The Dark Haired Lotus Flower
Infantry (special character, Tomb Prince)
[Insert back-story here] <-- not finished with this yet.

M-WS-BS-S-T- W- I- A- LD >>Edited<<
4 - 5 - 3 - 3 - 5 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 9

Equipment:
Asephet's Staff
Light Armor
Crown of Stirring Evocation
Mantle of Shadows
Revivifying Mask

Special Rules:
The Curse
My Will Be Done
Flammable
Nehekharan Undead
Anguish
Aloof

Asephet's Staff >>Edited<<
Asephet's Staff is a magical Halberd. Attacks made with Asephet's Staff count as magical and grant +2 Strength when rolling to wound.
(Bound Lv.5) Shushaneh'liel, and the unit she is in, uses a Weapon Skill of 10 and gain Initiative 10 until the start of her next Magic phase.
Mantle of Shadows >>Edited<<
All close combat attacks directed at Shushaneh'liel are -1 to hit.
Revivifying Mask >>Edited<<
Grants Shushaneh'liel the Regeneration special rule. Grants a 3+ ward Save vs. Flaming attacks.

Anguish
Sushaneh'liel suffers from Stupidity but with the following modifications: If the test is failed, Shushaneh'liel and her unit move D3" straight forward and her Weapon Skill is reduced to the next highest unmodified Weapon Skill in the unit until the start of the next friendly turn. This test is taken even if Shushaneh'liel is in close combat. This is not due to her being ... well stupid but rather a pause when the realization of what she has become overwhelms her.
Aloof
A unit joined by Shushaneh'leil can not contain characters other then her Sworn Bodyguard (the character that chose her for thier Sworn Bodyguard special rule). A unit can not be joined by other characters, other then her Sworn Bodyguard, as long as Shushaneh'leil remains in it.

Thoughts?

--------------------
I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
- Serenity Prayer
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- Mark Twain
Anvildude
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 10:13 PM

Sphinx Captain

Member No.: 4,903

Well, first thing is, unless you're making her like, 400 points expensive, she's got a few too many good rules about her.

First off- Either Bound Items or Wizard Level- don't do both. We already have Settra and Arkhan as Wizard Kings, so I'd suggest just giving her the Bound Spells (or you could set her up as a Lore of Light Priest-Royal, to round out the 3 lores the Tomb Kings use).

Second, if you do go for Wizard levels, no Lore of Shadows. Keep it to Light. Though I realize I don't know the backstory- if you think it's really important that she use the Lore of Shadows (betrayed the Sun God or something) then go ahead- but don't go for dualities- one or the other.

Third- If she's a Tomb Princess, why does she count as a Tomb King? Shouldn't she count as a Tomb Prince? And with that, I'd suggest a slight reduction in combat efficacy, namely Wounds, especially if she has Regeneration.

On to Items!

The Halberd- doesn't that normally only give +1 or +2 Strength? Again, if she's a combat beatstick, she'd need less magic, and if she's a Magic user, that's too strong a weapon.

Crown of Stirring Evocation- I actually rather like this- it's a decent sounding effect. I'd say make the spell specifically count as a Nehekharan Augment, then you can take advantage of the Restless Dead Lore attribute.

Robe of the Shadow Steps- I feel this is much, much too powerful. If it were only the Princess herself, it'd be fine, but considering you could potentially put her in a horde of Tomb Guard with Halberds, 'tect, Heiro, etc and just POOF! Attack! to an enemy (even in the side or rear if you got one or two Desert Winds off), well... Like I said, something like that would be alright if you were to pay out the pelvis for it.

Revivifying Mask- I'd say change this so that it only gives Regen to the Princess, along with the suggested change to the Crown. But other than that, it seems fine.

In short, I'd say Either the Magic Items OR the Wizard Level. Make her either a strong melee combatant, who happens to have a little magic in the form of the bound spells, or drop the Crown, Halberd and Robe (though I think you should drop the Robe entirely, or at least weaken it) and give her 2 Wizard levels in Either Shadow OR Light (bot not either or both). Or possibly give her LVL 1 in a lore, and the Loremaster attribute.

Tomb Kings characters are either support or front line fighters, but never really both.

Here's what I'd say you should go for, following your description of her being more "Combat Flare"

Tomb Princess Blah-de-Blah the Whatever
Infantry (Special Character, Tomb Prince)

M-WS-BS-S-T-W-I-A-LD
4 - 5 - 3-3-4-3-3-4-9/10 (whatever general Tomb Prince LD is)

Equipment:
Halberd
Light Armour
Masque of Revival

Special Rules:
The Curse
My Will Be Done
Nehekharan Undead
Flammable

The Halberd does +2 Strength

Crown of Stirring Evocation (Bound Spell lvl 5.)
The Crown of Stirring Evocation contains a Bound Spell that acts as an Augment from the Lore of Nehekhara. When cast, the Tomb Princess and her unit gain Weapons Skill 10 and Initiative 10 until the start of the Player's next magic phase.

Masque of Revival:
The Masque of Revival grants the Tomb Princess the Regeneration special rule.

This would make her a decently priced fighter that can boost herself and her unit when needed- Regeneration means that her 3 wounds will be able to act as more (unless she gets hit by fire, but no Royal really likes that) and she's ignoring 2 points of enemy armour. Remember, since she's Infantry only, she'll only ever be attached to either Archers, Skellies, or Tomb Guard, and she's not really an Archer friendly character, so I've kept the things that make her useful to fighting infantry.

An alternate interpretation, with a more sinister and magic heavy bent, is this:

M-WS-BS-S-T- W- I- A- LD
4 - 4 - 3 -3-4- 4- 3- 3 - 10

She is a Level 1 Wizard of the Lore of Shadows
Loremaster

Equipment:
Light Armour
Robe of the Shadow Steps
Masque of Revival
Brooch of Beckoning Dusk

Robe of the Shadow Steps:
Bound Spell, level 5
The Robe of the Shadow Steps allows the Tomb Princess and the unit she is with to immediately make a move with the Fly Special Rule as though it were the Remaining Moves Sub-phase.

Masque of Revival:
Magic Item
This grants the Tomb Princess the Regeneration (5+) special rule

Brooch of Beckoning Dusk
Single Use
The Brooch of Beckoning Dusk can be used to dispell any spell cast from the Lore of Light within 12" of the Tomb Princess, as though it were a Dispell Scroll. When a spell is dispelled using the Brooch, the Tomb Princess gains a number of Power Dice for her next spell equal to the Wizard Level of the wizard casting the Light spell. (this is meant to allow her to basically 'suck up' the power used in a Light spell for her own use-any spell means she could potentially 'eat' even an allied spell to boost her own)
Krael
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 03:29 AM

Khemrian engineer

Member No.: 3,235

That girl is pretty overpowered if you ask me.
one way of ballancing her I'd suggest is to restrict the units she can join to skelleton warriors only.
That way you'd show the world that this girl wasn't just created to totally pimp out tomb guard, but is a ballanced and thoughtfull character wink.gif
AegisGray
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 08:49 AM

Necropolis Guard

Thanks for the feedback. I'm mostly in the practice of putting most everything I want in and taking out the parts rather then putting in things. Easier to see the variations.

Lets see:

QUOTE (Anvildude @ Feb 20 2012, 03:13 AM)
First off- Either Bound Items or Wizard Level- don't do both.

Done

Third- If she's a Tomb Princess, why does she count as a Tomb King?  Shouldn't she count as a Tomb Prince?  And with that, I'd suggest a slight reduction in combat efficacy, namely Wounds, especially if she has Regeneration.

Stats tweaked - If you're talking about the 'Tomb King' status listed in her Troop Type: I figured I would label her, like Khalida, since Tomb Queen and Tomb Princess are not types covered under the Tomb Heralds 'Sworn Bodyguard' special rule. Though I should change it to Tomb Prince.

The Halberd- doesn't that normally only give +1 or +2 Strength?  Again, if she's a combat beatstick, she'd need less magic, and if she's a Magic user, that's too strong a weapon.

Normally +1. I'm still hoping to keep it at +2 since her strength is only 3
I'll think it over happy.gif.

Crown of Stirring Evocation- I actually rather like this- it's a decent sounding effect. I'd say make the spell specifically count as a Nehekharan Augment, then you can take advantage of the Restless Dead Lore attribute.

I don't think you get Lore Attributes when using bound spells. In any case she Is, now, not a Wizard so the Lore Attributes description would prevent the Lore Attribute from triggering.

Robe of the Shadow Steps- I feel this is much, much too powerful. If it were only the Princess herself, it'd be fine, but considering you could potentially put her in a horde of Tomb Guard with Halberds, 'tect, Heiro, etc and just POOF! Attack! to an enemy (even in the side or rear if you got one or two Desert Winds off), well... Like I said, something like that would be alright if you were to pay out the pelvis for it.

Adjusted.. but still pondering this in combination with some thoughts from Krael.

Revivifying Mask- I'd say change this so that it only gives Regen to the Princess, along with the suggested change to the Crown.  But other than that, it seems fine.

Done

QUOTE (Krael @ Feb 20 2012, 08:29 AM)
one way of ballancing her I'd suggest is to restrict the units she can join to skelleton warriors only.

O.o I hadn't thought of that (though admittedly I had one Unit in mind when making her). I like this idea but we'll see where she goes after feedback.

I really want to give her the Stupidity special rule.
Done - It's modified so Ill name it Anguish for now but hopeing to find a better name for it.

--------------------
I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
- Serenity Prayer
- Mark Twain
Krael
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 04:17 AM

Khemrian engineer

Member No.: 3,235

Ah, better.
We're looking at a tomb prince now, with:
-an effective extra str (+20 pts?)
-build in speed of light (very tomb kingy, build in spells) (+25?)
-build in skitter leap (still seems good, but it can be dispelled, so ok) (+25?)
-regen (+45?)
-aloof is cool (-25?)
-anguish is cool (-15?)(you HAVE ld 9 and your bsb body guard with you)

the points are suggestions based on the magic items that can or would grant them. Right now you end then with something like 175 points for this 'tomb prince'

I would field her then.
AegisGray
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 03:17 PM

Necropolis Guard

Thanks happy.gif

--------------------
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Serenity Prayer
- Mark Twain
AegisGray
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 10:48 AM

Necropolis Guard

Well I wanted to make one more Special character to accompany Shushaneh'liel on her journey. He's an Ushabti (made from a material that I can not, for the life of me, recall the name of) animated by the soul of the man who was Shushaneh'liel's Herald in life and lover in secret. >_- I still haven't sat down and finished the story that goes behind my army *shrugs* one of these days.

Agruh'kept,
(Monstrous Infantry, Special Character, Tomb Herald)

[Insert back-story here] <-- not finished with this yet.

M-WS-BS-S-T- W- I- A- LD >>Edit<<
5 - 4 - 2 - 5 - 5 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 8

Equipment:
Obsidian Edge
[Battle Standard]

Special Rules: >>Edit<<
Animated [mineral name]
Nehekharan Undead
No Equal
The Oath

Obsidian Edge
Attacks with Obsidian Edge are +1 strength and always wounds on a roll of 5+ (unless they would need a lower result). Armour Saves cannot be taken against Wounds caused by the Obsidian Edge.
[Battle Standard]
Bound Spell [Lv.4]. All attacks against friendly units within 8" (shooting or close combat) suffer a -1 penalty to hit. Shooting attacks that do not use Ballistic Skill must roll a 4+ on a D6 before firing, or the shot(s) is lost.

Animated [Mineral name]
Agruh'kept has the 'Animated Construct' special rule but with a 4+ Armour save.
No Equal
Agruh'kept must be your armies' Battle Standard Bearer. A unit joined by Agruh'kept can contain no Characters save for Shushaneh'liel. Agruh'kept must answer any challenge issued by the enemy unless accepted by Shushaneh'liel.
The Oath
If Sushaneh'liel is on the field Agruh'kept gains the 'Sworn Bodyguard' special rule and is sworn to Shushaneh'liel alone. Wounds against Sushaneh'liel can be redirected to Agruh'kept as long as she is within 8" of him. Additionally, if Sushaneh'liel is in the same unit as Agruh'kept, Agruh'kept gains the 'Regeneration' (5+) special rule and his attacks become magical.

Total for Both Characters: 370pts

Again This is roughly what I would like to see. You tell me if it's in sore need of tweaking happy.gif;;
Help / Thoughts / Comments please.

--------------------
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Serenity Prayer
- Mark Twain
ustrogoth
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 11:00 AM

Necropolis Guard

Member No.: 3,655

I like the idea of an ushabti bodyguard for Tomb Kings (makes so much sense in fluff as well). What would be kind of cool to add in as well is a rule where he doesnt have to be stuck on the side of a unit due to his base size, kind of like a slann or a kroxigor.

However, I don't think he should be I4 or cause terror.

I would say a fair price for everything he is would be about 190 points

--------------------
No, your opinion is wrong.
AegisGray
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 11:09 AM

Necropolis Guard

QUOTE (ustrogoth)
I don't think he should be I4

Thanks for pointing that out happy.gif; that wasn't suposed to be I4

QUOTE (ustrogoth)
I don't think he should cause Terror

Yeah that's probably unwarented. *changed*

QUOTE (ustrogoth)
I would say a fair price for everything he is would be about 190 points

With or without Terror and I4?

>>Edit<<
QUOTE (ustrogoth)
What would be kind of cool to add in as well is a rule where he doesnt have to be stuck on the side of a unit due to his base size, kind of like a slann or a kroxigor.

His footprint fits neatly into our infantry units; It equals exactly 4 Skeleton Warriors basses. happy.gif should be good.

Different-Sized Bases Page 98 Second paragraph
"If a character's base is larger than one model, but has exactly the same size area (or 'Footprint') as two or more models, simply displace those models to the back rank and position the character in their place.

--------------------
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Serenity Prayer
- Mark Twain
ustrogoth
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 11:39 AM

Necropolis Guard

Member No.: 3,655

Without, for 190 points a BSB with a special magic banner and those stats I would say it's a fair price.

--------------------
No, your opinion is wrong.
« Next Oldest | Tomb Kings Stories | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Bone Idol created all of the nicer artwork on this site, many thanks to him. Warhammer and associated armies and characters are trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks.
Reseller Hosting - Unlimited Domains

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1238 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring