InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Tomb Kings of Khemri Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2000pt Tournament Results, short n'sweet
Veritas
Posted: May 20 2012, 09:46 PM

Tomb Prince

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 4,201

Just home from an in-club tournament, had fun, came in 2nd out of 10 (again!). The list I used is the most pared down version of the one I used here that I think I could do; any smaller and it simply does not work any more.

Arkhan the Black
Liche Priest - lvl 2, Nehekhara
6 Chariots - banner, musician
6 Chariots - banner, musician
29 Archers - banner, musician
3 Sepulchral Stalkers
3 Sepulchral Stalkers
Casket of Souls
Hierotitan

Overall I liked how it worked still. I had more than enough capability in all phases of the game; I just didn't like having only 2 Nehekharan spells, as I really like the lore.

Game 1 vs Dwarfs in Meeting Engagement

Runelord on Anvil of Doom
Thane - BSB, Banner of pre-game movement
35 Warriors - full command
10 Thunderers
20 Ironbreakers
10-15ish Longbeards?
Cannon - flaming
Grudge Thrower - flaming

His thunderers and artillery all started in reserve...thank god too, because the first turn was BRUTAL.

With the pre-move banner rune, he pulled off a first-turn charge on one of my Chariot units with his Warriors, wiping them out. Then on my first turn, a purple sun misfired and destroyed the Hierotitan, with a unit of Stalkers killing themselves on the second turn...ARG! Still, I managed to get off a purple sun that went the right way and crystallized a bunch of Warriors.

Due to one or two poor charge rolls for him, The other chariots unit wiped out the other Dwarf blocks, capping all the banners and ripping it up. The other unit of Stalkers dusted the Anvil (much faster than in my other recent Dwarf game!), and in general, good stuff happened.

In the end, I lost the Hierotitan (to myself), 3 Stalkers (to myself), a unit of Chariots (and two more besides), and 25 of my Archers. I killed everything but the Cannon.

Tomb Kings victory!

Game 2 vs Ogres in the Watchtower

Hunter on Stonehorn
Butcher - L2
6 Bulls - full command
6 Ironguts - full command
4 Leadbelchers
4 Leadbelchers
4 Mournfangs - banner, musician

I had the first turn and he chose not to put anything in the tower. I kinda felt bad...by the end of the first turn, a unit of Leadbelchers had fled off the table, and most other units had taken 40% casualties. By the end of the second turn, all the Ironguts, Bulls, and Leadbelchers were dead (Chariots SMASH!), the Mournfangs were down to <50% (stalkers got 'em), and his Stornhorn was out of place. The Butcher at least was causing problems. And I hadn't even used a single purple sun yet!

By the end of the game, the Skeletons were holding the tower and the rest of my army was chasing down a Hunter that had lost his mount. The rest of his army was dead, and I only lost a unit of Stalkers and the Hierotitan...

Definitely a Tomb Kings win!

Game 3 vs Dark Elves in Dawn Attack

Unkillable Pegasus Lord
A bunch of Immune to psych stuff
2 Hydras
etc

Well, this game didn't go so well, and it was all due to a single failed spell casting. On turn 1. After that it all went downhill as every roll I made was bad.

So here it is. He had the first turn and suicide ran the lord at my archers and characters. My first turn, I get 12 power dice and gear up for an exciting phase. I roll for Doom and Darkness on the Lord...and get snake eyes.

F%^&!!!

I was fully expecting to kill it off...after all, with 4 kill spells, plus the casket, it SHOULD have happened. But he biffed his first roll and that was it. By the top of the 2nd turn, Arkhan was dead. Then both Stalker units came in! And I misfired 3 times (only took 3 wounds though). After that, it just got even more sad...by turn 4-5 (don't remember), I had been completely wiped out and he hadn't fully lost a single unit. Blarg.

So yea, definitely lost because of that failed casting. Arkhan had the tools to get through all his "Unbreakable, Immune to Psych, etc" units.

Oh well!

Oh yea, and I lost, obviously...

--------------------
The Unstable Dice Podcast - I'm a co-host, you're a listener.

Tacticas:
Entombed Beneath the Sands
The Ultimate Magic Thread

Painting Threads:
Tomb Kings
Dreadfleet

Skin to bone, steel to rust; ash to ashes, dust to dust.
Mioumboy
Posted: May 20 2012, 10:13 PM

Tomb King
Group Icon

Group: Liche High Priest
Member No.: 600

The way of magic is fickle, so it has to be expected to have result like your last game here and there tongue.gif

The Dwarfs game looked like a challenge also for the first few turns. Dwarfs with 1st turn charge is like, what the hell!

Nice job on the 2nd place though smile.gif

--------------------
Veritas
Posted: May 20 2012, 11:06 PM

Tomb Prince

I ended up failing every roll for everything after that one, too wink.gif

--------------------

Tacticas:

Painting Threads:
Tomb Kings
Dreadfleet

Pottsy
Posted: May 21 2012, 12:38 AM

Tomb Guard

Member No.: 4,022

Nice result again, Veritas.

I played my first game with multiple units of stalkers on the table the other day, after buying some more coz of your reports (I'd hated using one unit so had stopped altogether). Also used multiple horse archers

My opponent made a big change to his Beastmen list and turned up with a Herdstone and four wizards. What a game to introduce stalkers! They ripped it up.

I still lost thanks to poor chariot placement and a couple of forgotten things, but hey, it was fun.
Lordy
Posted: May 21 2012, 06:53 AM

Tomb Captain

Group: Exiled
Member No.: 4,322

What's the level of you club Vertitas, you play against some very poor lists in your inter club tournaments.

Well played still though.

--------------------
If you don't like comp, chances are you're an American, go see your doctor immediately!

Tomb King 8th record

Played 19

Won 12
Drawn 1
Lost 6
Veritas
Posted: May 21 2012, 08:00 AM

Tomb Prince

It's not spectacular, but I don't particularly care about that. Games are games. The last guy (DE) is pretty hard core though.

--------------------

Tacticas:

Painting Threads:
Tomb Kings
Dreadfleet

Lordy
Posted: May 21 2012, 09:10 AM

Tomb Captain

Group: Exiled
Member No.: 4,322

Games are games indeed, my own local club level is pretty low, I win 90% of games there, just wondered smile.gif

--------------------
If you don't like comp, chances are you're an American, go see your doctor immediately!

Tomb King 8th record

Played 19

Won 12
Drawn 1
Lost 6
Domnation56
Posted: May 21 2012, 10:35 AM

A bug in the Swarm

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 5,177

Good Tomb Kings victory to say the least! Yeah my friend runs the unkillable lord on a pegasus, its not fun lol. Bit of bad luck though but atleast you came in second!
Veritas
Posted: May 21 2012, 11:27 AM

Tomb Prince

With my army, the "unkillable" lord was extremely killable...just not with snake eyes...tongue.gif

--------------------

Tacticas:

Painting Threads:
Tomb Kings
Dreadfleet

arsenal1989
Posted: May 21 2012, 12:28 PM

Skeleton Horseman

Member No.: 3,766

Good stuff as usual. I feel however your list is arkhan or another death proest and the rest is filler. Most games you will roll opponents, but if magic sucks youll be in trouble. I do likee. 6 chariots. Do theu work well?
Veritas
Posted: May 21 2012, 02:24 PM

Tomb Prince

The thing is that more than once I rolled a 2 or 3 for the winds of magic, and I still dominated the phase/opponent/did good stuff. The magic phase doesn't destroy my opponents; it helps the rest of the army do that, and it's quite good at doing that.

The chariots are my main close combat units. In the first game, one died while the other captured four banners. In the second, they annihilated his army. Admittedly, in the third they did very little, but that was some pretty terrible dice making that happen. Like 1 hit in 10 in close combat.

--------------------

Tacticas:

Painting Threads:
Tomb Kings
Dreadfleet

arsenal1989
Posted: May 21 2012, 02:45 PM

Skeleton Horseman

Member No.: 3,766

Im thinking about adding 4 more chariots. Either 3going squads of four or 2another of 6
Jimmy
Posted: May 21 2012, 04:38 PM

The Eclipse King

Member No.: 727

Well done Veritas, a great result. Shame the last battle didn't go differently however you keep posting consistent wins which is great.

--------------------
Veritas
Posted: May 21 2012, 06:56 PM

Tomb Prince

Heh, amusingly I previously slaughtered all the DE, but this day that's all I died to. D'oh! tongue.gif

--------------------

Tacticas:

Painting Threads:
Tomb Kings
Dreadfleet

« Next Oldest | Tomb King Battle Reports | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Bone Idol created all of the nicer artwork on this site, many thanks to him. Warhammer and associated armies and characters are trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks.
Reseller Hosting - Unlimited Domains

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1685 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring