Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tomb Kings of Khemri Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

3000pt tournament army, Fast moving settra list
Destruction2
Posted: Mar 25 2013, 09:41 AM

A bug in the Swarm

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 3,473

Hello all, last week i played in a local tournament with roughly 20-25 people and had some good success with this Tomb Kings list. It seems a bit different to many of the other lists i've seen posted here on khemri so I thought i would share for discussion's sake.

Lords:

Settra (General)

Liche High Priest (Heirophant)
Lvl 4, Dispel Scroll

Core

20 Skeleton Archers (Bunker)
S,M,C

5 Skeleton Horse Archers - Master of Scouts

6 Skeleton Chariots (Settra here)
S, M Banner of Swiftness

Special

6 Necropolis Knights
S,M

6 Necropolis Knights
S,M

Tomb Scorpion
Tomb Scorpion

Rare

Casket of Souls

Screaming Skull Catapult
Screaming Skull Catapult

Necrosphinx

The tournament was three games, dawn attack, battleline and a special mission. I came tied for best general with all three wins and second overall due to a painting point. My idea was to remove key threats with casket/catapults and then use the long charge ranges to combo charge the opponents line with chariots and knights.

Also any advise on how to cut this down to 2400 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Destruction2
Vallah
Posted: Mar 25 2013, 12:03 PM

Strategy Pimp

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 2,955

Congrats on a great result mate. Nicely done! smile.gif

How do you generally use your scorpions?

any advise on how to cut this down to 2400 would be greatly appreciated.

I'd start by dropping Settra myself -that's most of the points right there. After that I'd probably drop a knight or two and tinker with the horse archers in core to make it all fit. I think if you did that your list would still operate in essentially the same way as it does now without losing too much combat power.

--------------------
I run a charity called 'Help the undead'.

We've raised thousands so far. biggrin.gif

Legions of Ankhira Nefherer army plog
Destruction2
Posted: Mar 25 2013, 01:06 PM

A bug in the Swarm

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 3,473

Thanks for the reply,
The scorpions were a last minute addition to the army as i felt they filled multiple roles quite well.

In my first game against lizardmen, i decided against entombing the scorpions and essentially formed a flank with the two scorpions and a necrosphinx. They would have been pitted against a block of saurus but then a catapult shot made them fail an unlucky ld test. After this, because i played defensively, i sent the necrosphinx to join settra and co. and left the scorps to guard the bunker.

In games two against warriors of chaos, i once again deployed the scorpions but I ended up fleeing across my board edge for most of the game, so they played an important role as points denial was critical in this, probably the hardest game. I barely ever play points denial if i can afford it but the guy had two blocks of 30 chaos warriors (albeit, they were fine) but also tamurkan on the toad dragon and an emperor magma dragon (with a 2++ versus my catapults).

Finally in game three against brettonians, i chose to entomb the scorpions as he had taken 4 trebuckets. For turns 2,3,4 i rolled three sets of snakeeyes for them to turn up then in turn 5 i rolled one of the scorpions up but he missfired and turned up on a random board edge. Fortunately i rolled his board edge and the scorpion killed 2 trebs in the last turn as they were in a line. The other scorp never showed up:(

On the 2400 list, i quite like that set up to cut the list down although i would miss settra i feel as his ws7 was utterly amazing in all three of my games and gives me a lot of combat prowess if i am forced to go forward and leave my liche priest in the dust....

« Next Oldest | Tomb King Armies | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Bone Idol created all of the nicer artwork on this site, many thanks to him. Warhammer and associated armies and characters are trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks.
Reseller Hosting - Unlimited Domains

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1702 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring