InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Tomb Kings of Khemri Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tomb Kings Tournament Army..., A 6 week project...
Viarca
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:07 AM

Skeleton Horseman

Group: Nehekharan
Member No.: 3,936

There's nothing like the excitement of having a new army put together shortly after the release of a new book, but the problem is always motivation. To overcome it I decided to take the new Tomb Kings to a tournament in June that requires a painted army and a list registered a month in advance.

While I'm still down one model with only 3 days to go, I think I can pull it off. So, without further ado, here's the army:

Full Army (minus the Hierotitan and Necrotect) on Display Board
user posted image

Casket & Characters (minus Necrotect)
user posted image

Sepulchural Stalkers
user posted image

Tomb Guard
user posted image

Skeletons
user posted image

The Necrotect has been subsequently finished, but the Hierotitan is a WiP. The next few nights are going to suck trying to finish him up, but it's definitely a center piece type model.

And sorry, I didn't realize a few of the pictures were so blurry... it was late and I was tired.
Ra-num
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:10 AM

Defender of the Sands

Group: Faithful
Member No.: 734

Real Nice ohmy.gif

--------------------
Viarca
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:12 AM

Skeleton Horseman

I figured even unfinished, the Hierotitan model deserved his own reply. The model was not made by me, but is rather a sculpt done by a friend. Truly amazing work and I definitely feel pressure to paint it very well.

Full Model
user posted image

Rear View
user posted image

Ra-num
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:25 AM

Defender of the Sands

Member No.: 734

Oh man... Nice model.

--------------------
ramicyprus
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:09 AM

Skeleton Horseman

Member No.: 4,170

Awesome model for the Hierotitan. may i ask, what parts did your friend use to make the staff?

--------------------
Currently working on...Tomb Kings army.

check out my blog
http://tomb-kings.net/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=8733
Vulpine
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 05:06 AM

Skeleton Horseman

Member No.: 3,065

That is one cool looking heiro titan, i am looking forward to seeing it painted
jahorin
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 07:12 AM

A bug in the Swarm

Member No.: 3,920

I second the question what parts were used to make this model. Great work.
ChankTheLank
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 07:35 AM

Skeleton Charioteer

Member No.: 3,453

Wow, your friend has some impressive sculpting skills. He was able to size up and replicate the Necrosphinx ornamentation really well. I think the head could use a little more small details or texture, but the interred Liche Priest is just too perfect. The arms could use a little more muscle type detailing as well or if they are bones, it could use more roundness on the joint edges. This is truly one of the best I've seen yet.
Viarca
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 08:43 AM

Skeleton Horseman

I'll ask about the parts, but most of the model is gray stuff, green stuff and plasticard rods. He gave me a sheet with photos of it as it was being put together to satisfy GW tournament modelling guidelines, but it's still not clear exactly what a lot of it is. The entombed Priest is a VC Skeleton with gray/green stuff added, and there's definitely parts of the Sphinx kit in there.

If I get finished at a decent hour Thursday night, I'll post pictures of the completed model then. Otherwise it will probably be next week.
Justy
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 09:18 AM

Skeleton Warrior

Member No.: 4,186

Love the detail painted on your skeleton shields.
geffo
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 10:19 AM

A bug in the Swarm

Member No.: 4,117

woow u sick bastard, great painting!! ohmy.gif wink.gif
J.J.
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 01:57 PM

Tomb Captain

Member No.: 3,245

Wow so the Hiero obviously takes center stage - what an amazing sculpt. Definitely give your friend major kudos. Any chance you can post up the "in progress" photos he gave you? I'd really love to see those.

The painting looks very nice, even if the pictures are a bit blurry. I'm very impressed with the shield details. Did you use any special technique for those, or just a steady hand and patience? I especially like the scorpion shields.
Lilike
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 02:13 PM

Skeleton Charioteer

Member No.: 1,470

Nice looking painjob on all your army. The pictures aren't really making them justice but if you look closely they look really great!
Viarca
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 04:28 PM

Skeleton Horseman

Thanks for the compliments on the painting. My Skaven just won second for painting at the US Throne of Skulls Tournament in Vegas last weekend.

And yes, I make sure the people that do conversions for me know their skill and hard work is greatly appreciated (I can do some minor converting, but can't even begin to touch the level of talent involved with something like this). I've sold several armies over the years, but converted models like the Hierotitan done by someone else are always kept for the display cases.

I'm usually a better photographer and was rather shocked the photos were so bad. Better ones, and images of the other models that have been painted and are not included in the tournament list will get posted once things have settled down after the weekend.
amplebob
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 03:23 AM

Tomb Guard

Member No.: 3,224

Well, great stuff. Really great stuff. Whoever your friend in has some intense sculpting skills.

Liking your display board too. How did you make it?

--------------------
user posted image
Universal Battle - Click here to play!
8th ed Lizardmen record: 15/2/4
8th ed tk record: 13/1/12
8th ed O&G record: 14/2/3
8th ed Bretonnian record: 0/0/2

My TK army and battle report thread: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index.ph...9452&st=0&#last
Viarca
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 01:11 PM

Skeleton Horseman

The army got a lot of attention at the tournament. It only won second for overall painting, but I did get a plaque for best unit (one of the big warrior blocks) and it won best army (decided by a combination of painting and composition scores).

The Hierotitan ended up being very rushed since the days leading up to leaving were very busy, but got used anyway.

Sorry for the delay in the replies and the ongoing lack of more pictures. The display board and altar was made from the high density insulation board (pink stuff from the hardware store), with the altar just having extra bits glued on it. The columns were particle board at the top and bottom and toilet paper rolls with green stuff for the middle portion (just covered it evenly and sculpted lines on them.
EyeofHorus
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 05:38 PM

Skeleton Warrior

Member No.: 4,195

Those models look really nice. Although I'm not a fan of the typical GW scheme I still can't deny that you have done a very nice job.

--------------------
Horus, "the One who is Above"
« Next Oldest | Tomb Kings Painting and Modelling | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Bone Idol created all of the nicer artwork on this site, many thanks to him. Warhammer and associated armies and characters are trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks.
Reseller Hosting - Unlimited Domains

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0733 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring