Techa Black: Red created by Tim of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Les Miserables Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Answers of the Les Miserables Quiz, PLEASE READ IT AFTER U FINISHED THE QUIZ
billy1983yes
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 10:35 AM

English Marius

Group: Actor
Member No.: 15

Question 1
Who is the original book author of Les Misérables?
Come on man, this is so obviously the answer is 4. Victor Hugo.
If you answer 5. George W. Bush then you probably need to find a doctor lol

Question 2
Who is the composer of the musical?
For this one, since I am asking the COMPOSER, so answer is 1. Claude-Michel Schonberg, but if you include 5. Alain Boublil I still consider as correct, but Alain Boublil is the librettist. I don't have to explain who Andrew Lloyd Webber is, Rolf Lovland is the composer of "You Raise Me Up", Mireille Mathieu is a famous French singer (also described as one who can match Edith Piaf).

Question 3
When and where does the musical first opened?
This one is 3. 1980, Paris, London West end opens in 1985, and Broadway opens in 1987.

Question 4
Who wrote the English lyrics for this musical?
The answer is 3. Herbert Kretzmer, if you pick David Foster or Michael Crawford I don't know what I can say.

Question 5
Which character below is not a character from Les Miserables?
OMG if you miss this one then you don't know Les Miserables, it is 3. Armand.
Armand is a character in musical "Once on This Island".

Question 6
Which character below exist in all the generations in the story of Les Miserables?
Obviously 5. Both 1 and 3 (Valjean and Javert), Marius is a young man in the later part of the musical, it is impossible for him to be in all generations.

Question 7
Which song is the lyrics below belonged to?
"Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask me...what your sacrifice was for?"
Well if you listened to my singing of Marius, SO OBVIOUS it is 2. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.

Question 8
Which of the following songs did not exist in the earlier French version?
WOW when I first designed this quiz I put my answer as 5. On My Own, coz that song I am 100% sure it is not in the earlier French version, but I found out EponineJavert is correct, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables and Bring Him Home are also not in it. I found out the earliest original is kinda different from the one we are listening now.

Question 9
Which character is the leading singer of the song "Do you hear the people sing"?
OF COURSE it is 1. Enjolras, don't tell me you don't know who sings the most famous song in this musical lol

Question 10
Which of the following song is a song in Les Miserables?
This one maybe a bit tricky, I dreamed a dream is obviously in it, but people probably may not know which part is "The confrontation", it is a duet between Valjean and Javert when they meet again.

Question 11
Who is the parent of Cosette?
Answer is 4. Fantine, 3. Jean Valjean is something like her "step father" or "guardian".

Question 12
What is the another name of Jean Valjean as a mayor?
If you don't get this correct I don't blame you, as I intentionally make this tricky, answer is 2. Madeleine. I only make slight different spellings in all the answers.

Question 13
What is the name of the cafe of the base of the revolutionary students?
SO OBVIOUS it is 3. ABC Cafe. Don't think since this musical is called "Les Miserables" so the cafe is LES cafe lol.

Question 14
Which character below did not die at the end?
Answer is 4. Marius, at the end Marius, Cosette (and I think also Thernerdiers) did not die.

Question 15
Which role did Filipina Singer Lea Salonga played in all kinds of performances of the musical?
It is 4. Both 1 and 2 (Fantine and Eponine), she plays Eponine in 10th anniversary concert, and play Fantine in Broadway recently. Btw she is amazing and beautiful.

Question 16
What is the name of the French version of the song "A Heart full of Love"?
Well if you use translator to translate the song names it is easy to guess:
le = the, coeur = heart, au = with, bonheur = happiness. So the answer is 1. Le coeur au bonheur.

Question 17
What is the ending song of Act I in French version?
At first I thought it is "Do you hear the people sing?", but seems like I found some information that it is "One Day More", which is the same as English version. So maybe somebody please verify it~~

Question 18
In the 10th anniversary concert, there are 17 singers from different country sing the song "Do you hear the people sing?" at the end, which character are those 17 singers in their country's production?
YES, it is 2. Jean Valjean, you can find this performance on youtube.

Question 19
Who ever played "Marius" in west end production?
HAHAHA, if you answer 2. Michael Ball you are WRONG, greek tenor Mario Frangoulis also played Marius in west end production before, so answer is 5. more than 1 of the above. You can find his performance in youtube too, I think they both can rival each other, two best Marius Ive ever heard. (Aled Jones and Josh Groban are totally not relevant to the role "Marius")

Question 20
What is the relationship between Enjolras and Marius respectively?
It is 3. Leader/friend and member/friend, if you pick 5. Gay lover (male part), gay lover (female part) I would guess that you are gay lol.

Question 21
What song does these lyrics belong to (French lyrics and answer the name of the equivalent song in English)?

"Oh! Mes amis, pardonnez-moi
D'être là, de vivre encore
Il est des deuils que l'on garde
Quand tous les chagrins sont morts"

Oh my goodness!!! Listen to my singing of the French Marius, it is the French version of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" (the part is the verse of "oh my friends, my friends forgive me"), even the first sentence means "Oh! My friends, forgive me" in French!!! So the answer is 5. None of the above.

Question 22
Regarding to the previous question, what is the name of that song in French?
If you listened my singing, the answer is 100% no difficulty at all, it is 5. Seul Devant Ces Tables Vides.

Question 23
Which character has the same actor in both West End and Broadway production?
When I created this quiz, my answer is 2. Jean Valjean only, I forgot that Eponine also has the same actor in both productions. My fault. So either u pick only 2, or 2 and 5. Eponine, it is correct.

Question 24
And what is the name of that actor for the previous question?
The answer is 4. Colm Wilkinson (Jean Valjean), and thanks for reminding of Frances Ruffelle (Eponine) by Kate_Monsterbits.

Question 25
Which Asian country below has its own language version of Les Miserables musical?
Well even though as I know there is a Chinese version of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables", for the whole musical, only Japan has its own language version. SO...the answer is 1. Japan.

Question 26
Which characters sing the song "A Heart full of Love"?
WOW, if you miss this one, then you don't know this musical. It is the scene when Marius and Cosette first met and fell in love, and Eponine is jealous of them. So answer is 5. 1 and 2 and 3 (Marius, Cosette, Eponine).

Question 27
The original book author said that one of the character in the story reflects himself when he was young, which character is this?
Well this maybe a bit tricky, but Victor Hugo DOES mentioned that 4. Marius is a character of himself when he was young, the book "Les Miserables" many scenes are based on true stories in his time.

Question 28
What scene it is for the song "A Little fall of Rain"?
Well, the scene (answer) is 4. Eponine died in Marius' hug. For the other 4, 1 is "A Heart full of Love", 2. is "The Confrontation", 3. is "Fantine's death", 5. is "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables".

Question 29
First browse my website: http://www.myspace.com/tinmengbillysinging
Are my trials of singing the song in Les Miserables in both English and French version good?
OF COURSE YES!!! You DARE to say no??? 0 points for the whole quiz even though you answer all correct!!! Haha j/k, well this one is only for fun.
Kate_Monsterbits
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 04:32 PM

Turning Lady Dos

Member No.: 18

WAIT!

You mean Victor Hugo was a dolt?!
billy1983yes
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 06:46 PM

English Marius

QUOTE (Kate_Monsterbits @ Nov 25 2007, 04:32 PM)
WAIT!

You mean Victor Hugo was a dolt?!

No I did not say anything like that.

Well for first question I guess NOBODY would answer "George W. Bush" is the author, so "if you pick George W. Bush as the answer you need to see a doctor" is a joke. Victor Hugo who is the legendary person totally cannot be compare to some person like Bush.

And Victor Hugo does mentioned that in the book, Marius sort of represents his youth (one of the similarity is Victor Hugo's father was a general in Napoleon I's army, Marius is from a rich family who also sort of related to Napoleon I). There are some other true stories in the book too, but I don't exact remember which of them.
Kate_Monsterbits
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 08:07 PM

Turning Lady Dos

Ohhh ok.

I just got scared. This is what happens to you when you read a rip-off sequel of a great book.
billy1983yes
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 05:49 AM

English Marius

QUOTE (Kate_Monsterbits @ Nov 25 2007, 08:07 PM)
Ohhh ok.

I just got scared. This is what happens to you when you read a rip-off sequel of a great book.

Well that's ok. In fact I respect Victor Hugo a lot,
in a joking way --> without him I can't sing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" lol

in a serious way --> what he wrote and imply in the book is what the world really need in the past, now, and future, and without him there won't be "Les Miserables musical", one of the best musical in all times.
Kate_Monsterbits
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 10:39 PM

Turning Lady Dos

QUOTE (billy1983yes @ Nov 26 2007, 05:49 AM)
Well that's ok. In fact I respect Victor Hugo a lot,
in a joking way --> without him I can't sing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" lol

in a serious way --> what he wrote and imply in the book is what the world really need in the past, now, and future, and without him there won't be "Les Miserables musical", one of the best musical in all times.

One of the best musicals of all time indeed! It'a also my favorite book.

Sadly my curiosity got the better of me and I got the "sequel" from the library.
billy1983yes
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 08:29 PM

English Marius

Btw, regarding to question 19 "Who ever played Marius in west end production?", this is the recording of Mario Frangoulis (another person who also played Marius in west end before) singing the song "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables":
http://www.sendspace.com/file/njev7y

This is the youtube video of that performance, but sound quality is not good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSJkzFnZyE

And well again, this is my singing of the song for download
some people think that my voice sounds a little bit like him lol, but honestly I dun think I am that good yet:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zaonuc
EponineJavert
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 06:08 AM

French Cosette

Group: Casting Director
Member No.: 1

Thanks for sharing that us! He's really good bigsmile.gif
And I do hear some similarities between you two bigsmile.gif
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3152 seconds | Archive