Main Fiction Galleries Nuts & Bolts Forum
()The Mechanical Maniacs: Undernet

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to ()The Mechanical Maniacs: Undernet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post ) replynew threadnew poll

Project Chrono X, The World's Most Progressive 'BN7'
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Feb 13 2011, 06:24 PM

MM3: Shadowman
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

By a narrow margin, though.

Is there a way to have a chpoice in the game?

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Mar 16 2011, 06:03 PM

Bugged Out

Group: Members
Member No.: 512

Hello guys! I am bringing you yet another update from Chrono X. We are nearing completion of demo4. Soon you guys will be able to play through chapters 1 and 2!

As we near the final stretch we ask that you guys still continue to check our site for updates.

You guys may still apply for a spriting position. Send your application to this email: ziutek340@gmail.com

Please make sure to send your best work. It must have only been made by you.

Time for some screenies!

user posted image

Our first screenshot shows off a minigame of sorts. Yes, you will be able to do this in demo4. Kill that Hell Navi!

user posted image

A battlechip seems to have caught Lan's eye.

user posted image

A new area. Could this be a basement of some sort?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Anyone of you remember these chips? Well, they're back in CX along with their respective virus forms!

user posted image

Something's up with Mayl? Let's hope nothing bad happens.

user posted image

The net appears to have gotten quite a bit more detail.

user posted image

Megaman is angry. O___o

user posted image

Another new area!

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Mar 16 2011, 08:03 PM

Group Icon

Hm, nice work. I like the guitar minigame.

Finding spriters here is not very likely, sad to say. I think most here have moved out of that phase. Heck, I mostly only do standing poses!

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
Byron
Posted: Mar 16 2011, 10:29 PM

Apparently a Geometric Array...

Member No.: 489

Those screenshots are looking really impressive!

I look forward to the finished product!

--------------------
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Apr 18 2011, 10:11 PM

Bugged Out

Heya folks! We're getting closer to release demo4, so, we've decided to host a HelpBBS contest. In case you're rusty, a HelpBBS is one of the boards that give you jobs to do. In return for completing these jobs, you get prizes.

What we want from you guys, our fans, is to post in the topic linked below with your best ideas for a HelpBBS quest. Please follow the instructions written there and think hard about the one you want to submit. Remember that if you're idea is creative, it has a higher chance of being featured in the game.

http://mmbnchronox.22web.net/phpBB3/viewto...&p=21229#p21229

P.S. We are STILL looking for new spriters. If you know anyone, or if you possess the skills yourself, then please send your best examples to ziutek340@gmail.com Thank you.

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: May 6 2011, 05:34 PM

Bugged Out

Our contest has ended. If you have submitted, I humbly thank you for your submissions.

In the meantime, I bring to you guys another video about Chrono X! It's a small plot teaser that reveals another character that will be in the game. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B57C3sVB5KY&feature=feedu

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: May 7 2011, 11:15 PM

Group Icon

Looks good so far. Although I'd recommend skipping some of the walking bits for the next vid. Cut to the chase, you know?

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: May 8 2011, 08:00 PM

Bugged Out

Ah, will do. Thanks for the advice

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 08:14 AM

Bugged Out

Greetings! I'm here to serve you the latest happenings on our game. We've entered our betatesting phase and are working really hard to find all the bugs. It's not easy, but we'll get it done.

The next thing I want to display is a brand new wallpaper depicting another scene from ch2 and will be shown in demo4. Enjoy.

user posted image

Full size download link: http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/Ma...WallpaperCX.jpg

Site: http://mmbnchronox.22web.net

Facebook page (like us!): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Megaman-Batt...167949956561811

Facebook page (friend us!): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Megaman-Batt...100000963506386

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 08:33 AM

Group Icon

Nice wallpaper and congrats to makign it to beta testing! Not many fan games make it that far.

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 03:30 PM

Bugged Out

Hello there, fans! Today is a very special day! Why? Because our trailer for the fourth demo is finally finished! Demo4 will contain 2 full game chapters. You will get to play through all of the story from demo3, plus the entirety of chapter 2. This adds up to about 4 hours of gameplay. Not only that, but the bugs from the third demo have been fixed, the graphics have been improved, smoother gameplay on older computers and much more.

But who am I kidding? Just watch it already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=2lW8Yjklvio

Site: http://mmbnchronox.22web.net

Facebook page (like us!): http://www.facebook.com/w.php?h=a016708e75...167949956561811

Facebook page (friend us!): http://www.facebook.com/w.php?h=a016708e75...100000963506386

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 09:37 PM

Group Icon

Nice vid. I think it's put together better than the last effort.

Is it bad that I can't help but think of that old epilogue I helped write where the MMPC robots jack into the world of MMEXE only to find they're surprisingly effective?

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 06:53 PM

Bugged Out

Hello there, fellow fans. It's time for another update on Chrono X!

user posted image

What does this picture mean? Well, we, at Megadudes, are hosting another contest, only this time it's not the BBS kind. This famous person needs a new netnavi! That's right. MMBN CHRONO X will have Mr. Famous in our game with his own fighable netnavi! This time, however, we want you, the fans, to decide what his navi should look like. If you're interested, details are below.

Date:
The competition is held from August 26th, 2011 (YES, TODAY.) to Midnight October 2nd, 2011 (GMT+1).

Rules:
-ONLY ARTS!!! They can be in any style you want. For example, traditional, digital, or sprites! Use your imagination!

-Arts can be only submitted to the following e-mail: "ziutek340@gmail.com " ONLY with the corresponding e-mail title: "Chrono X competition no1-Mr.Famous".

-If you've done artwork for us, and we used it, then you CAN'T participate.

-Each person can submit only ONE art.

-Arts not related to the topic and/or not having the proper e-mail title we gave you above, won't be viewed, and will be INSTANLTY DELETED.

-Any submissions given not within the specified time-frame will NOT be considered. If you live in radically different timezones, then please try to submit your work earlier.

Besides art/scan/photos of the art, please include the following:
-Name of the NetNavi
-Element
-Attacks/Attack Style

The best ones will be posted in an update at October, along with the winning art!

The best design will be sprited by our team's spriters and put into Chrono X as Mr.Famous's NetNavi! This is your chance to be "Famous" too!

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 05:05 PM

Bugged Out

This next update is a small sample of Chrono X's PVP function. Max made this out of boredom while Max needed to await for some key sprites. This example shows how the process of networking works in Game Maker using 39dll. The network is as optimized as possible. (Be mindful that GameMaker sucks with online play). Any bugs you find are lag and not programming errors. After you tested it, please voice your opinion if you think it should be incorporated into demo4.

Setup:
1. Download Hamachi
2. Add player-to-be-versed in the same Hamachi network
3. Choose a player to be the "Host" and "Client" after successfully running the game.
4. The Client types the Host's HAMACHI IP and then clicks OK.
5. Have fun.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdts8ud198iiq5p

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 03:47 PM

Bugged Out

Welp, our previous webhost decided to cancel our service based on the fact that we didn't have at least 5 unique visitors in 30 days (lie)and allowed anonymous posting (also lie). So, we had no choice but to move to a new TEMPORARY webhost Site:

Site: http://mmbnchronox.0fees.net

We will get a paid host in the near future, but this is here just so the fans can still check updates. The forum is not up-to-date however, as our latest backup was only from 8/14/2011. So if you've registered any accounts, or made any posts since then, they are lost. We apologize for any inconvenience.

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 04:59 PM

Group Icon

That sucks. I've had hosts unexpectedly cancel my account before, so I can relate to the feeling.

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 06:23 PM

Bugged Out

Hey guys, time for the results of the Mr. Famous contest + some info about the project.

Before I say the winner though, I'd just like to thank each and everyone of you guys who took the time to enter. There were a lot of good entries and it was really hard for us to decide on a winner.

That being said, the winner is...Sheri Young with the Navi Cactus Man.EXE!

user posted image

(left is original design, right is official CX artwork)

While the idea of a Cactus themed Navi might seem silly at first, we believe that out of all of the Navi ideas submitted that Cactus Man was by far the most creative and well thought out Navi submitted. Congrats again to Sheri for winning, and to everyone else who didn't, we're sorry, but there is always next time so keep at it!

Now, time for some new screenshots:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 10:25 PM

Bugged Out

New update, people!

We finally done it. We have moved to a paid host. There should be little to no problems whatsoever and EVERYONE should be able to access it without any problems.

New link: http://www.mmbnchronox.com/index.php

We upgraded our forum software, but had to start over as a result. Our forum is brand spankin' new! Hope to see you guys post once again.

To celebrate the move, here is a new wallpaper. The wallpaper comes in
1600 X 900 - 1280 X 1024 - 1280 X 800
resolution sizes. I'm posting the smallest one here, if you want another size, get on the site and grab it.

http://www.mmbnchronox.com/Chrono%20X%20ne...%201280X800.jpg

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 11:12 PM

Group Icon

Good for you! Gotta say moving really helped us out. Really, you do get what you pay for.

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Nov 19 2011, 06:27 PM

Bugged Out

Oh, look, another update from the Chrono X team!

user posted image

What does this mean? Well, if you haven't guessed, then it means demo 4 will feature customizable controls! That's right! We found a way that doesn't take a whole lot of time to implement.

A few things to note, though.

First, you would have to set these controls BEFORE running the game. This is because the game would load your control scheme before starting it up. If the game doesn't detect this file for some reason, then the controls will default to the usual (Z,X,A,S, Enter, Backspace)

Second, do you remember that the in-game text says things like: "Press the Z button!"? Well, that dialogue WON'T be changed. This is so we don't overload the game's memory, and it would also cut down on development time. Hope this won't be a problem.

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Nov 19 2011, 08:58 PM

Group Icon

Looks good so far. Although I think those parts of the dialogue would get a bit wonky. With this new feature, you should add dialogue to remind the players to check their control settings if they changed it.

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Nov 20 2011, 03:51 AM

Bugged Out

A good suggestion. I'll talk it over with MaxRock the very next chance I get.

HOWEVER, for things like the Custom Screen, it won't happen. I.e. graphics on the actual screen. The cust screen reading "L or R" wouldn't have anything more attached to it, since it would probably look wierd otherwise.

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Gauntlet101010
Posted: Nov 20 2011, 09:41 AM

Group Icon

While graphical changes there would make the experience seamless, I don't think a reminder there is as nessasary as a reminder before one of those button sequences. Mainly because I can see most people forgetting that they changed their controls around for that and failing purely because of that at least once or twice. That's annoying, so a reminder would be helpful, then they could quickly check their settings and resume play.

--------------------
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Nov 20 2011, 08:18 PM

Bugged Out

Yeah, we could put in text that says: "Check your control configuration!" or something of that nature.

Simply changing the graphics to fit each and every possible key sequence is, well, annoying.

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 12:09 AM

Bugged Out

Hey, all! I just want to inform those who missed out on our "MMBN Chrono X 2011 Year Ending Event" celebration that the video is available on YouTube!

The celebration was, as the title infers, a live event of Megadudes Team showing exclusive never-before-revealed content from MMBN: Chrono X. The video below has it all. Many thanks to our head moderator, DSH, for putting it all together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EadxwhMBhfo...f71FAAAAAAAAHAA

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 01:26 PM

Bugged Out

In cooperation with us, EXE Net Center is hosting a contest!(February 14th-14th March 2012)!

Design your own NetNavi (and NetOp, if you want) for the RockMan.EXE universe. You'll need to detail their attacks, defenses, HP, appearance, and what their chip would do. You are free to redesign a Robot Master from the original series if you so choose, but make it unique! You are permitted to draw as many Navis as you wish.

The only physical prize is a copy of the MegaMan Battle Network Official Complete Works art book (the winner to be decided by EXE Net Center's staff).

user posted image

More than that, if one of the designs will be good enough, there's chance it will be featured in our fangame!
Whether to award this prize and to whom it would go will be entirely up to the MegaDudes staff (us). To be considered for immortalization in the game, your entry must contain designs for both a NetNavi and NetOp. Original submissions will all be considered, but it would be nice to see a design for the old Robot Master GeminiMan, so that's an option too(just DON'T spam the contest with entires with GeminiMan only!)

Send all entries to exenetmail@gmail.com after February 14th, 2012 and before March 14th, 2012!!

That's all for today, good luck!

MMBN Chrono X: www.mmbnchronox.com
EXE Net Center: www.exenetcenter.webs.com

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 01:09 PM

Bugged Out

For those of you who were checking out Facebook, we have revealed Project Iceberg!

That's right! "Project Iceberg" has been revealed! What is Project Iceberg? It refers to a part of our game that will extend your playtime of Demo 4 and the full game by an extremely high amount. It will allow you to interact with the Chrono X community on another level! Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you: a built-in Chrono X online mode!

user posted image

Yes, this is real, folks. And at the botton of that picture, you can see screenshots related to the main part of the 4th demo. Lookin' nice, eh? If you haven't signed up on the forums yet, by all means do so. Stay tuned for more updates.

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
Big Boss
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 03:19 PM

Old West Asshole
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

I haven't said anything publicly about this project, and I'm not big on the Battle Network series, but I do admire all of the hard work you and your crew are putting into this. Keep it up!

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mailwebsite
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:24 PM

Bugged Out

Thanks for the reply, Big Boss! We do try hard!

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
giver336
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 02:30 PM

Bugged Out

Hey all! We just released a new wallpaper to celebrate the newest art we released of QuickX Memento.

1920 X 1080

1366 X 768

1200 X 800

Enjoy!

--------------------
user posted image
PME-mail
Go to the Top
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topic optionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  replynew threadnew poll

Main Fiction Galleries Nuts & Bolts Forum

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1858 seconds | Archive