InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Myst5. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Some REALLY GOOD news
Fallstar
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 11:28 AM

Original Forumite

Group: Original Exile
Member No.: 51

I attended Mysterium 2010 in Minneapolis last weekend. Events included many very good presentations...but one in particular grabbed everyone's attention. Did you play RealMyst and enjoy it? Did you play Riven and enjoy it? Have you ever wished for a RealRiven?

zib (from Uru Obsession) presented an ongoing project called Starry Expanse, which is basically a project where they are rebuilding Riven from the ground up, into a realtime 3D game, like that of RealMyst. He demo'd part of the game, and allowed us to play it as well. Let me just say....it is awesome!!

They are still working the project, and are looking for additional help (blender modelers).

Check out the project's website at http://www.starryexpanse.com/
cfischer83
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 03:32 PM

5 Star General

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

ohmy.gif

That sounds AWESOME! Any word on a Riven for iPhone?
Fallstar
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 06:41 PM

Original Forumite

Dunno, don't have one, so I don't keep track of that stuff. blurp.gif Besides, that would be a Cyan thing, and they weren't at Mysterium this year, so no announcements there.

I just finished playing Riven, which I bought from gog.com. It worked great! woot!
Emmexx
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 01:43 AM

Cadet

Member No.: 162

Why why why in a world full of 32" LCD monitors would you want to play Riven on your phone??? ohmy.gifp

BTW awesome news Fall - can't wait!
When I die i want to go to Riven.

Fallstar
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 10:39 PM

Original Forumite

Yeah, trying to play Riven on a phone is wrong on so many levels! Okay, maybe on an ipad or tablet, but still....

I'm curious about the stoneship game that Cyan made, Cory, have you tried it yet? Still waiting for them to port Myst or stoneship over to Android though. boozer.gif

hehe, the question, Emmex, is which island do you want to go to? Or would you rather go to Gehn's age?
cfischer83
Posted: Jan 30 2011, 12:09 AM

5 Star General

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Riven on iPhone is a little small, but on the iPad it's pretty nice.

I haven't tried this new game. Is it for iPhone?
Fallstar
Posted: Jan 30 2011, 03:15 PM

Original Forumite

QUOTE (cfischer83 @ Jan 30 2011, 01:09 AM)
Riven on iPhone is a little small, but on the iPad it's pretty nice.

I haven't tried this new game. Is it for iPhone?

I believe it's playable on the ipad...check the marketplace, it probably says so in the description.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Active User Color Legend: | Members | Validating | Original Exile | Administrator | Moderator | Guest | Banned

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4276 seconds | Archive
Myst5.com | Forums