PIV-30 Armoured Infantry Combat VehicleAbout:
Developed to augment the PIV-28 in Sumerian armoured formations, the PIV-30 is a development of the MCA-7G chassis and components. The PIV-30 uses the same modifications done to the MCA-7B to create the PIV-28, with some modifications to the layout. The engine is still mounted rear left of the vehicle, with the disembarkation corridor and powered ramp to the right of the engine compartment. An upgraded version of the DO66 engine is provided, using the same ultra-high pressure turbocharger technology for compact power. The fighting compartment is where the differences really show, with the PIV-30 being rearranged to seat seven armoured infantry as well as mount an unmanned turret and ammunition.
The new turret is mounted offset of centreline to the left side of the hull, with it's main armament being a 50mm compact automatic cannon offset to the right of the centerline of the turret, providing it with a centerline view of the chassis. The new turret is armoured enough to protect it from light auto cannon fire, but not as heavily as the chassis. Armament is the new compact 50mm automatic cannon which fires the caseless 50x300mm telescoping ammunition loaded into a drum magazine below the turret inside the fighting compartment. An additional AG-12 7.5mm machine gun is mounted coaxially with 2000 rounds of ammunition loaded within the turret bustle. A four-tube multipurpose recoilless weapon launcher system is provided slaved to the main armament and mounted on the right side. The four vertically stacked tubes provide capability of firing any number of unguided rocket propelled infantry weapons, as well as standard Sumerian 130mm diameter anti-tank guided missiles, and light man-portable surface to air missiles. The fire control computer of the turret allows it to operate all options at once, or independently, and to engage both ground and airborne targets.
The passenger compartment has been redesigned with low-slung folding seats mounted along the hull of the vehicle on either side facing inward. Seating for seven infantry is provided with two sitting on the left side facing inward, and three sitting on the right side facing inward. An additional seat is included within the dismount corridor as in the PIV-28, and a rear-facing seat is provided just forward on the left side next to the turret. All three crew are seated forward. Hatches are provided two to the left side, and three to the right, with one on each side being equipped with a pintle mount for an AGS-5 machine gun. All hatches are provided with day-night observation periscopes. All seats along the right side, and the dismount corridor seat, are spring loaded as in the PIV-28.
The PIV-30 is designed to augment the capabilities of the PIV-28 in armoured formations, providing a hard hitting infantry fire support vehicle for armoured infantry formations, and allowing the armoured force more flexibility. Designation:
PIV-30 Armoured Infantry Combat Vehicle
- Production Cost: 2,500,000 Sumerian Dinnar
- Export Cost: $5,500,000 USD
- Limited Domestic Production Rights: $5,000,000,000 USD per 1000 units.
- Full Domestic Production Rights: $600,000,000,000 USDDimensions:
- Length: 8.6m
- Height: 2.4m (Turret Roof)
- Width: 3.8m (4.2m with Skirts)
- Mass: 68,800 kg
- Track Width: 720mmInternal Systems:
- Crew: 3 (Commander, Driver, Gunner)
- Ammunition: 600 (Main), 2000 (Coaxial), 90 (Enlil), 32 (Grenade), 4 (Tube)
- Transmission: Guarita Type 31B Automatic 8-forward 3-reverse
- Fuel Capacity: 780L
- Water Capacity: 400LPowerplant:
- Power: 2000 bhp
- Displacement: 15 Liters
- Layout: 6 Cylinder Hotozontally Opposed
- Induction: Twin-Turbocharger, Dual Fan-assisted Intercoolers
- Fuel Consumption: 1.25L per 1km AveragePerformance:
- Maximum Speed (Road): 85km/h
- Range: 610km
- Power-Weight Ratio: 29hp/tonne (Approx.)Armament:
- Primary: 50mm Compact Autocannon
- Coaxial: 7.5mm AG-12
- Tube: 130mm Multipurpose Recoilless
- Dischargers: 50mm Grenade, Enlil APSArmor:
Listed maximum approximate armor values.
- Armor Place: RHAe KE/CE thickness
- Hull Glacias: 2800mm/3500mm
- Hull Front: 1500mm/1900mm
- Hull Sides: 1500mm/1900mm *Skirt Included*
- Hull Rear: 500mm/630mm
- Hull Top: 260mm/390mm