InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Nsdraftroom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

one hour speed design, a howitzer
Bloody_Sahara
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 06:32 PM

46% Armaments Designer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,029

11:35
M35 Mountain pack howitzer

P52 Carriage
The carriage is a simple split-leg type, with aluminium wheels and solid rubber tyres. The tyres can fold in when firing is required. A firing pedestal is positioned underneath the gun so that there are three points of support when firing, a great advantage for a mountain howitzer because of the greatly reduced set-up time. Its construction is greatly simplified, being composed of the least parts possible. Mostly it is made out of titanium to save weight. If necessary, the p52 carriage can be broken down and carried on mules or trucks, or it can be towed.

To pack up the p52, the trails are folded together and the pedestal raised so that the gun rests on the wheels. It can then be towed or packed up into separate loads.

P3/99 Rifled gun
The p3/99 L/40 gun is a 99mm, rifled cannon. It uses incremental ammunition, IE with the propellant charge being composed of six parts, which can be added together to affect the range. All standard types of ammunition can be fired, including, HE, ILUM, HEAT, and smoke rounds. The rounds use fins that fit into the grooves of the rifling, rather than forcing an overbored shell into them. This extends the range considerably. Guided, base-bleed, and rocket assisted rounds are also available.

The firing mechanism is a standard sliding breech type. The breech opens automatically after firing, allowing a new round to be loaded easily. The hydraulic mechanism is designed to noticeably reduce recoil by using the gun’s own weight. It does this by beginning at the rear of its recoil length moving the gun forward when the gun is fired.

The gun barrel is constructed of steel, although most other parts are constructed of the light titanium. This keeps construction fairly simple and yet lightens the weight.

Weight: 1000kg
Caliber: 99mm
Action: horizontal sliding breech
Elevation: -4 - +70
ROF: 6-10 RPM
Range: 12000m with standard shell, 30,000m with special ammunition
Cost: 2.4 million
12:31

--------------------
And two separate entries, from different sides of the shelter? That's no shelter, that's some kind of conference hall for North-South Korea negotiations.
If it has an outside bullet diameter of less than 7.0mm, it isn't a rifle. Deal with it.
Andorianus\Dystopianus
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 09:21 PM

79% Armaments Designer

Member No.: 924

30.000 kilometer. 30.000 effing kilometer. Enough to shoot a projectile all around the world, so the gun can hit itself if need be.

(No really, I think you messed up meters and kilometers; I suppose that is a typo and you mean 30 km.)

--------------------
How to recognize a troll:
QUOTE (rltw04)
Field stripping and replacing parts? Why would I do that when I have my lowly armorer do that for me? I suppose that is a typical mindset for people like you in "support" positions. Don't have the skills to be an actual operator. You just can't stand to face the fact that I have way more experience thanks to the training combat simulator MW3. Since when are combat simulators cartoons? Go back to your bush league buddies while I continue to perfect my mad skills.
Why research (or at a least basic knowledge about the shit you're talking about) is important:
QUOTE (darkrule1)
Americans didn't kill Saddam Hussein, he was hanged by his own government.
Mikedor
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 11:15 PM

24% Armaments Designer

Member No.: 1,013

QUOTE (Andorianus\Dystopianus @ Mar 9 2012, 08:21 PM)
30.000 kilometer. 30.000 effing kilometer. Enough to shoot a projectile all around the world, so the gun can hit itself if need be.

(No really, I think you messed up meters and kilometers; I suppose that is a typo and you mean 30 km.)

Nonsense, it shoots the shell into space then it orbits for 30km. Obvious really.

--------------------
"Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."

San-Silvacian
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 12:00 AM

25% Armaments Designer

Member No.: 1,243

Anti-satellite howitzer gogogo

--------------------
QUOTE (Mikedor)
5 medics per platoon? Overheal.

QUOTE (Falls @ Nov 25 2012, 08:59 AM)
If you believe that technology...or fuck it, specifically aircraft avionics did not under go revolutionary changes between Vietnam and the gulf war,  you should bottle your thought process and sell it as a cure for smart.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Ground Warfare | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0880 seconds | Archive