InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Password-Reset: Reset Windows Administrator Password. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

I've reset the password but still can't log in.
thadd
Posted: Aug 14 2007, 07:02 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Please see the list below for several of the common reasons for not being able to log in.

Windows XP and Vista can not be logged on as the Administrator account except in Safe Mode. You will have at least one account that will have administrator rights under the normal login. If you are not sure which one it is, run the CD and reset each user. Then try to log in as again. You can also log in under Safe Mode by hitting F8 as you boot up Windows and log in as Administrator.

Run the CD twice. Occasionally, the CD needs to be run a second time to reset the password.

Windows XP Pro and 2000. If your computer is on a domain, you will have a field below the password field. Make sure this field is set to the choice that has this computer next to it.

The Local Policy of This System Does Not Permit You to Log on Interactively. This is most common with HP/Compaq laptops and is not actually a password error. The fact that you are getting the error means the password has been reset. Try typing 123 as the password and you will see that you get a different message. This is a rare problem but we do have a solution for it. Please contact us for further info regarding this situation.
shortemm
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 05:02 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 358

I tried three times and it still is not working. I am trying it on a HP Pavilion ze5200 running Windows XP. HELP!? I am very frustrated... I just bought you software and it isn't working...
thadd
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 05:07 PM

Administrator

Hi,

What version of XP? Which username did you reset and are trying to log in with? What message do you get when you try to log in?

Thanks,

Dana
shortemm
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 12:21 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 358

I am using windows XP, my laptop was purchased in 2002, I am the only owner of it. I am getting the same error as before installing your software. I reset Administrator AND Owner. I logged in under safe mode and tried Administrator and it still will not let me in.

It is the windows screen with my name, an icon and a window to type the password. The strange thing is I used my computer Monday, went to work Tuesday, came home to check my email and the password was there. I live alone and there was nobody at my house all day. I have NO IDEA how the password got installed but now I am unable to get into it. HELP?
thadd
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 12:51 PM

Administrator

It sounds as if you may have gotten some kind of virus or something that caused your password problem to begin with. Normally, it's a simple process that takes a few minutes.

Email us for further instructions.

Thanks!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Support | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3714 seconds | Archive