InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Password-Reset: Reset Windows Administrator Password. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

NOT CONVINCED.
ralex
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 08:16 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 737

Ok, I'm not a computer guru. But how can you download anything if you can't even get to your desktop?
thadd
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 06:25 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi,

As stated on our website, you need to create the CD on a working computer and then run it on the one with the lost password.

Thanks,

Dana
JGilbert2801
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 02:45 AM

Member No.: 795

How Do you run the CD to restore the password without being able to get into the desktop tho?

thanks
thadd
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 10:16 AM

Administrator

The disk you create is bootable and works on its own.

Thanks,

Dana
doc_up72
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 01:19 PM

Member No.: 799

Let me preface this by saying that if your a (so-called) newb. That using Mozilla -Firefox will default all of your downloads to your desktop. You're just not doing something right. I don't know your pc's config but trust me it works like a charm. I'm a dyed in the wool skeptic when it comes to buying from the net but I was in a bind. I had very strong passwords and couldn't even break them with Ophcrack (anyone that knows anything about password cracking is familiar with that product). I reset my password after I thought I had been compromised and forgot to write it down before I logged off. I salt my passes heavily which makes them nearly if not impossible to break with brute force and the aforementioned product is one of the best on the market(I do NOT advocate cracking other peoples passwords. Insofar that I can hack<a word that has taken on a bad connotation over the years> I consider myself an ethical hacker and only use it for myself or to help my friends) Your ISO and burner are probably located in My documents/folder My downloads.
This product lives up to it's claims. Period. Good luck.
Regards,
doc
[QUOTE]Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein
aia4339
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 01:32 PM

Member No.: 1,286

I WASN'T AWARE THAT ONE HAD TO "BUY" THE ACTIVATION KEY AFTER PURCHASING THE DOWNLOAD FOR THE DISC, WHICH OF COURSE DOESN'T WORK. WORST OF ALL I BOUGHT THE STANDARD, WHICH DIDN'T WORK AND ALSO BOUGHT THE PROFESSIONAL WHICH DIDN'T WORK sad.gif . NOW YOU THINK I WILL "BUY" THE ACTIVATION KEY? NOT SO FAST EDDIE!
thadd
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 02:23 PM

Administrator

Hi,

The only thing you are required to purchase is the activation key, once you determine the FREE download is compatible with your computer system. The website explains this in full detail.

Thanks,

Dana
doc_up72
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 04:06 PM

Geez this is an old topic. The download is free you pay for the activation key. If it's not working for you I'd be curious to know exactly what's happening when you try to boot using the cd. I don't know why you had to pay for the download. Are you sure you're going to the right place?
thadd
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 05:19 PM

Administrator

Hey Doc!

Thank you very much for your input and for trying to help out. I really appreciate it when previous customers use their experience to lend a hand with those who are new to the site and may have missed something or just needs a little more personal assistance.

I feel extremely confident that the site is very up front with everything, explains what is involved, and is clear about the way payment is not needed until much later when attempting to use my product. I'm a bit confused when someone tries to make it sound like I'm charging for the software and then the key on top of that, or being sneaky about any of it. I actually discourage any payment whatsoever before the software is first tested to be compatible with the potential customers hardware. I don't want to scare people away with a ridiculous amount of content, so I keep it as short as possible, yet point out the important things needed to understand how it all works.

I don't want anyone's money until it's obvious that things are working in a positive direction and there's only one last step to remove the password, you can't make it any safer for the buyer other than letting them have the key first. I even tried that but no one felt the need to pay me once I got them out of their serious problem. I have to protect myself as well, there's potential for problems on both sides of the coin when it comes to this type of thing.

Another way is to get the money right up front and sell the full working version with no way for them to test anything. I've even tried that but then I get quite the abundance of buyers that didn't read anything on the site except where to pay, and then don't understand how anything works, are not willing to read the instructions and learn how to do it, then rudely demand a refund for something that they'll still have and can use.

It's hard to please everyone, but I do my best to be fair and not get taken advantage of at the same time. Maybe this post will help some potential customers to get the jest of what I'm trying to do in order to help them. That's what I'm trying to do 100% of the time, help users get back into their computer with the least amount of risk and assure them that they are in good hands. Relieving them of their money is not the first thing on my mind, satisfying them is the goal and I only want to get paid if I can do that. I spend a lot of my time helping people for free when my product isn't the correct solution, I want to be sure they don't make their problem worse before the move on to a local tech or however they go about proceeding with their issue.

Computers can be really difficult to figure out when they're failing, so I try to use my years of knowledge to at least get people headed in the right direction. I've saved a lot of these people from losing priceless data such as videos and pictures especially, and get a heart felt thank you, or usually several. In those cases, that's priceless to me, I don't need payment to feel good when it turns out not to be a password issue when we get to the bottom of things, just knowing I did something to make them happy is plenty.

Thanks again Doc, hope I didn't take up your whole evening with my long semi rant. tongue.gif Hope to see you pop your head in on a post again sometime.

Dana

[I]
doc_up72
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 06:51 PM

Hi Dana,

No problem, always glad to help. I know you have a good product, you deal with people on the square, part on the level, and the fact that you handle customer issues yourself (even late on weekend nights when you're trying to watch NASCAR...LOL), is pretty darned impressive in my book. Especially when you could easily pass that task onto some nameless, faceless, uninvolved person(s) from parts unknown. Most any other site selling a product on the web "might" respond to a support problem in a few weeks if you're extremely lucky.

I've had your disk in my desk for a few years now and it's saved my absent minded backside more than once (especially with 9 and 10 year old's in the house blink.gif it's a must have). Quick and painless.

Sometimes people just need to slow down and read things thoroughly ( I include myself in that group), and they/we can resolve our own issues. Taking people to the point of typing in the key is about the best you can hope for as far as demonstrating how the program works. I know when I ran the demo for the first time it took me a minute or two to wrap my head around what I was looking at. That's probably the case with some of the others as well. I think as forum members and end users, the best we can do is to try to answer a question if one is posed, and try and offer some assurance to others that it's legit and they're getting their money's worth. Still, it's always a good thing to see an entrepreneur out in the trenches backing their product with their pride.

By the way, I was just sitting here watching SportsCenter (yet again), so this was a welcome break laugh.gif Hope this finds you well!

Doc
thadd
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 06:53 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (aia4339 @ Jul 18 2012, 09:32 PM)
I WASN'T AWARE THAT ONE HAD TO "BUY" THE ACTIVATION KEY AFTER PURCHASING THE DOWNLOAD FOR THE DISC, WHICH OF COURSE DOESN'T WORK. WORST OF ALL I BOUGHT THE STANDARD, WHICH DIDN'T WORK AND ALSO BOUGHT THE PROFESSIONAL WHICH DIDN'T WORK  sad.gif  . NOW YOU THINK I WILL "BUY" THE ACTIVATION KEY? NOT SO FAST EDDIE!

After looking into this further, I don't see a purchase from you for any version of my software.

Are you getting me mixed up with some other product perhaps?

Thanks,

Dana
thadd
Posted: Jul 18 2012, 07:17 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (doc_up72 @ Jul 19 2012, 02:51 AM)
Hi Dana,

~

Doc

Thanks Doc!

I'm sure I take things too personally a lot, so It really helps to hear that kind of input to keep me leveled out. unsure.gif I might be better off letting someone else be on the front lines with the occasional grump I deal with, but I don't want to run things that way, and there's only a minor amount of squeaky wheels compared to the many satisfied users I hear from like yourself.

As long as I don't let my skin get too thin on those occasional bad days, it's all good.
wink.gif

I'll wait to reply and let you take first shot on the forum when an unruly one pops their head up. laugh.gif

I better get back to watching Jeopardy now. biggrin.gif

Hope you're doing well too,

Dana
thadd
Posted: Jul 24 2012, 09:41 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (aia4339 @ Jul 18 2012, 09:32 PM)
I WASN'T AWARE THAT ONE HAD TO "BUY" THE ACTIVATION KEY AFTER PURCHASING THE DOWNLOAD FOR THE DISC, WHICH OF COURSE DOESN'T WORK. WORST OF ALL I BOUGHT THE STANDARD, WHICH DIDN'T WORK AND ALSO BOUGHT THE PROFESSIONAL WHICH DIDN'T WORK  sad.gif  . NOW YOU THINK I WILL "BUY" THE ACTIVATION KEY? NOT SO FAST EDDIE!

It turns out this person purchased from another vendor and got mixed up thinking he had purchased from me. He's all squared away and dealing with the other vendor now, although not to confident with their service.

Glad to get that straightened out,

Dana
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Suggestions | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1764 seconds | Archive