zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Password-Reset: Reset Windows Administrator Password. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Will Version 2.5 Work On Win 7, Window 7 and Versiion 2.5
PaulJG
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 09:27 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,037

I believe I have version 2.5. Will it work on Windows 7 or do I need to upgrade to version 3?

If I need version 3 for Windows 7 will my version 2.5 key work and if not what do I need to do to get a new key?

What is the advantage to using version 3?

Seems like these are good questions to add to FAQ list.
thadd
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 02:40 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi,

It's not a matter of it working with Windows 7, but rather if it's compatible with the hardware you are running. If it displays the usernames and asks you for the activation key, then it will remove the password. The main concern is always the hardware, not the Windows version.

If 2.6 doesn't work, then try the 3.0 version and see if it will get to the part where you are being prompted for the activation key. If yes, then you would need the current activation key which is not the same as the one issued with 2.6. You would need to contact us using the Contact Us form so we can check your purchase and see if you have the Standard or Corporate version which includes updates. If you do, then we will forward you the current key for 3.0. If you purchased the Basic version, you would need to purchase a new key.

The advantages of 3.0 are compatibility with newer hardware, and a graphical interface which is more user friendly.

Thanks,

Dana
PaulJG
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 03:01 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,037

Thanks for the speedy reply. I needed to use it again yesterday on my Vista system. It worked great so thanks for making it. I just thought I should be prepared when I upgrade to Windows 7. The manual for my version lists Vista as the most recent Window Version so was not sure about Windows 7.

Thanks again.
Paul
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Support | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3365 seconds | Archive