Welcome to Password-Reset: Reset Windows Administrator Password. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Boot device is being prepared
andrewscott06
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 03:58 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,208

Hi, we installed a flash drive some 3 hours ago and started the password reset by following instructions on your website.

The picture with a open padlock and text "Your password Reset boot device is being prepared' has been on for 3 hours, is this normal, as it states not to type or move mouse to check.

Andrew
thadd
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 05:46 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi,

It should only take a minute at the most. Get out of the process and make sure that any open dialog boxes that come up when you reinsert the USB drive are closed first. Then run the process again.

What size drive did you use by the way?

Thanks,

Dana
1sttimeuser
Posted: May 26 2012, 09:56 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,263

I'm trying to download to a 1 GB flash drive and I'm having the same problem. I waited 10 min before I stopped the program.

The flashdrive I'm using is one I've had for a while. I just deleted the files off it and tried to use it to download the password reset but didn't see the finished screen after 10 min of waiting.

Is it my flash drive?
thadd
Posted: May 26 2012, 11:40 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi,

Make sure to close any dialog boxes that come up when you insert the USB drive before launching the software. A box showing the content of the drive such as My Computer can interfere with the writing of the drive. Also, you can try another USB port, that can make a difference as well.

Thanks,

Dana
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Support | Next Newest »

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1948 seconds | Archive