www.Grinzo.com...
Dref
Posted: Dec 4 2010, 10:58 AM

E-4 Corporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,507

is an alarmist site, I believe...is there any "dirt" on these guys? Any wild alarmist claims they may have made?
Andrew
Posted: Dec 4 2010, 06:41 PM

Chief of Staff

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've never heard of the site but it looks like it is some guy name Lou Grinzo's personal webpage. He says he is a woodworker by profession and apparently wrote a book,

Zen of Windows 95 Programming: Master the Art of Moving to Windows 95 and Creating High-Performance Windows Applications

The fact that he choose the word Zen means he is likely some kind of new age hippie or at least a left wing nut job who practices the bullshit of Buddhism.

Dref
Posted: Dec 4 2010, 08:11 PM

E-4 Corporal

On a blog I go to they have one of those ads that show post titles on various others blogs, and the Grinzo one has used the title "Deniers on parade" about fifty times. I've also seen headlines blaring "Abiogenic Oil Has Been Disproved," "The dirty tactics of deniers," (hah, that one was a laugh considering all the rotten things alarmists have done) "The Great Lakes are cooking," "Business as usual means five degrees warming by 2029," "Arctic Ice in trouble," "Oil sands are oily thinking" etc. etc. ad nauseam.

I refuse to click on the titles and go there to be absolutely sure and thus give them my traffic, because from those titles I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's an alarmist site, probably more than that it's also a peak oil site, since they seem hell bent (judging by the titles) on attacking oil exploration and production in general as well.
Andrew
Posted: Dec 4 2010, 09:45 PM

Chief of Staff

There are thousands of random blogs, I would only worry about the prominent ones,

Climate Progress (Joe Romm)
Deep Climate (An Anonymous Canadian)
Deltoid (Tim Lambert)
James Empty Blog (James Annan)
Only In It For The Gold (Michael Tobis)
Open Mind (Tamino) (Grant Foster)
Rabett Run (Joshua Halpern)
Real Climate (Gavin Schmidt, Michael Mann)
Stoat (William Connolley)
Dref
Posted: Dec 5 2010, 01:05 AM

E-4 Corporal

You're right, it just the arrogance of their post titles always annoys the hell out of me. Kinda like how know it all non-scientist Peter Sinclair makes me feel. (Who, by the way, I'm glad to see is the subject of several rebuttals here.)

Hah, I like the title of that one blog. Only In It For The Gold? What gold? Everyone knows that Climate Alarminism is where the real cash is to be made.
Andrew
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 08:15 AM

Chief of Staff

FYI, Dref there are Internet Stalkers now stalking me and this site and all these posts can be read by anyone, if you ever have any questions you wish to be private post them to the members only forums.
Dref
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 10:01 AM

E-4 Corporal

(Sorry, I accidentally sent the following reply as a report.)

>That's really great of them, it being the Christmas season and all. sad.gif

Thanks for the heads up. Will do.<
Andrew
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 10:35 AM

Chief of Staff

Don't worry about the reporting it just goes to me.

Yeah, these Internet Stalkers are mentally sick puppies who cannot handle losing every debate they enter into so they follow me around trying to harass me. crazy.gif

Feel free to keep posting what you want in the regular forums, just use the Offtopic ones if you want to make sure no one else online can read them.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Sciences | Next Newest »

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive