Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Radio GKOL. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Spring Names
PrincessAvariella
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 01:01 AM

GKOL Icon
Group Icon

Group: GKOL DJ
Member No.: 75

Fall has Autumn...so Spring has...

ENTRY#1

New name for Spring: Vernum.

No clever name or reason! Autumn from the autumnal equinox, etc, so on and so forth!

ENTRY#2

My alternate name for spring is simply this: Rebirth. After the dormancy of winter, the trees grow new buds, flowers begin to blossom, and animals come out of hibernation to find mates and create a new generation. That, and you have to clean the pollen off your car...

ENTRY#3

A secondary name for Spring? Well, that would be "Yaybelly," of course. See, it's a little-known fact that the original name of Autumn was really "Awww, tummy's going to be empty," as the harvest was over and there was little food growing anymore. When spring came, people shouted "Yay, belly will be full!" True, food wasn't ripe yet, but it was seen that plants would grow, and that the animals were filling out. So people would "spring" to their feet in joy, as one of the basic needs for survival was met. Not like the other season, when their faces would "fall" in grief.

ENTRY#4

Genesis

Spring's alternate name should be Genesis, since spring is the time when everything begins to emerge and grow! Spring also bears many similarities to the Book of Genesis.
1. The days get longer ("Let there be light!").
2. Rain sweeps down from the heavens, washing away the snow and the cold of winter and nourishing the emerging vegetation (dividing the "waters above from the waters below").
3. Plants start to poke their shoots out of the soil (the fourth command from God, according to Genesis).
4. Animals come out of their burrows or return from their wintering grounds to fresher pastures (the sixth and seventh commands).
Plus, doesn't Genesis just sound cool? "Genesis break is next week!" "The groundhog predicts that Genesis will come early this year!" "Don't worry, I'll be back by next Genesis." It's so clearly awesome and superior!

ENTRY#5

Second name for spring?
shall henceforth be called Jaei
here is why it is:

autumn and spring each
have 6 letters, so we find
the number values

of each, and subtract
value of spring from autumn
find the new letter

using the number
from subtraction, and you get
R U Z O A T. now

multiply values
together, keep this number
fall has 4 letters

remove R and T
find numerical value
of each "fall" letter

that total equals
thirty one. now divide the
earlier total

by thirty one. round.
result: Nine Five One One Oh
we are almost done

9 equals an I
5 is E, and 1 is A
10 equals J, now

take I E A J
reverse the letter order:
and we have Jaei

ENTRY#6

Considering autumn is based in Latin (autumnus) and that it has the autumnal equinox to secure its name, I would say that the most appropriate name for spring would be "vern" (that's an RN not an M), based on the Latin "ver" for spring and the vernal equinox. Really I'm surprised that people haven't used it sooner to be more consistent wink.gif.

ENTRY#7

Let's call it Cropcircle. Students can have a Cropcircle break for a week every year while the city figures out how to cover it up, and we can change all those cities' names to Cropcirclefield.

--------------------
Tumble down to Underland with me, I'll bet we can make it Wonderful.
« Next Oldest | Kissin' Frogs & Takin' Names with PrincessAvariella | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0746 seconds | Archive