*Sigh* yet another problem I'm facing...
First I extracted sounds from Enemy00.sap using Novasoft and saved them as .wav files.
Then I used Mixcraft to pitch shift some of the zombie moans down and saved the newly edited files as a .wav's.
Then I used SapMake to recompile the Sap file and replaced the old one.
Then, I hex edited the RDT for ROOM1000 (start) and added 00 to each of the zombies sound sets. (00 being the Enemy00.sap sound set)
But they aren't appearing in game, the zombies are completely mute?
Are the wav files supposed to be saved in the exact bit depth that they were extracted as? They were extracted as 16 bit 89 kbps files.
EDIT: Tried compiling the unmodified wavs back into a sap, still the same result, the problem is the programs.
The method doesn't seem to be wrong.
I use Goldwave and at times FL Studio to change pitch when I've had to. The samples can run in to problems due to length modification from pitching/stretching etc (although SAPMaker automatically adjusts the file length to work correctly without the need for manual input like the old way.)
The bit-rate also has to be the same in my experience (22,050 Khz, 4-Bit Mono).
Thanks for the reply, but it seems the game just doesn't want to load the sound set Enemy00.sap, not even the official default one works for me. I'm going to try modifying a different sound set later.