InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Resident Evil 1 2 3. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Walking Dead: The Video Game, A game similar to the comic books
DXP
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:32 AM

Old Hoxton

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Don't know how many people know about this (but then again I don't know how many people read/watch the walking dead)

Telltale Games will be releasing the first episode of The Walking Dead:The game Early morning in in the US (late in the evening in the UK as per usual)
Here is the trailer:
Walking Dead The Game Trailer

and here is the first 4 minutes of the game(need to sign into youtube too view it):
Walking Dead The Game 1st 4 minutes.

I have it pre-ordered already and can't wait to get my teeth stuck into it. For those who don't know how TellTale works they release their games in episodes (over the course of a few months so 5 episodes = 5 months) they also strongly work with point and click adventure style games but since this one will feature zombies + puzzles + adventure style gaming sound all familiar? It won't be a Resident Evil clone so to speak but it will have decisions that have to be made that will affect the next episode of the game and eventually the ending I for one can't wait until tonight/tomorrow to play it =)
DarkSpyda04
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:17 PM

Self-loathing wacko

Member No.: 829

How do you release games in episodes? What, you purchase the game and then each episode as they call it is released as DLC as time goes by? And it releases tomorrow morning? I'm curious about this game as it sounds unique. I don't think I'll be able to run out and purchase a new game on such short notice, however.

Nevermind, I just read up on it. Seems like they're releasing them as DLC once per month similar to how the show came up one episode per week
it's going to be 400Microsoft points per episode unless you play on the PC in which you'll have to pay for the entire season to gain access. I find the fact that the game is played in episodes interesting, nevertheless.
The Mortician
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:26 PM

Nemesis T-Type III

Member No.: 6

I'm getting it :) Looks way better then everything that Capcom is releasing at the moment.
DXP
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 05:28 AM

Old Hoxton

Member No.: 3

@DarkSpyda Telltale's way of making games is through episodic content so each month a new episode is released like a new episode of a tv show (only that's weekly >.<) How the walking dead works is while in game (this is what telltale + reviewers are saying) a icon or something will pop up saying the next episode is available or something on those lines.

At the moment Telltale are having technical problems with uploading it to their website (bought it through there main website as its cheaper than steams and it helps support the company) So because of that and I have being waiting patiently for the game they gave everyone steam keys so we can start playing straight away and we also get the game via telltale as well there's another reason why I love the company =)

@Mortician Sweet from all the reviews I've seen (not just from reviewers but from ones in the main telltale forums) this is a perfect interactive story with survival/puzzles and of course the walking dead story all rolled into one.
« Next Oldest | Random Junk | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1319 seconds | Archive
Skin created by Dragon Gamer Find more amazing skins at the Inkdrop Styles.