A Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts Community

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Blood Keep. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Today's Active Topics

Strigany?
Rand
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 04:57 AM

Zombie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,032

Anyone ever made up some Strigany for their Strigoi armies? The possibilities of this guys would be good for fluff. A Strigany tribe returns to worship their lords of old, and help their undead lords in their everlasting desire to rebuild the lost kingdom of Strigos. The Sylvanian Levy seems to be pretty cool for the von Carsteins, so why not for the Strigoi?

Any thoughts?

R.
BUCKET
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 12:03 PM

Skeleton

Group: Strigoi
Member No.: 935

I think that gouls, zombies or skeletons could all be representations of strigany in a sense... allow me to explain...

the strigany are the people of the land of Strigos, they are nomadic people and there is nothing to say that many have not been driven mad by poverty and starvation and become gouls...

also it is quite logical that the Strigoi would slay them and use them as part of their undead hordes...
Hegel
Posted: Jul 21 2005, 12:05 PM

Skeleton

Member No.: 1,005

Good for fluff - yes, BUT they are only allowed in the appendix list, aren´t they ?
fairbane
Posted: Jul 21 2005, 12:19 PM

Skeleton

Group: Members
Member No.: 629

I've used DoW duellists to represent Strigany. Arm them with pistols for even more of an authentic 18th-Century-Eastern-European-Gypsy feel or leave without for a more Warhammerish feel.

They're fun to use but sadly, even with pistols, they don't really add much to the army. They can't really do anything that ghouls don't and they're a lot more squishy.
Ghoul-king
Posted: Aug 16 2005, 08:10 PM

Ghoul

Member No.: 734

im gonna convert some, the rules suggest they are alive so their going tio be normal humies
Faust
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 05:43 AM

The Thrice Damned

Group: Necromancer
Member No.: 1,076

The Kislev Kossars in my opinion would work well they have big two handed axes and an eastern europien look.
Ghoul-king
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 09:35 AM

Ghoul

Member No.: 734

good idea they do look the part
Ramaja
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 02:48 PM

Necromancer

Member No.: 605

I have a 30 men strong unit I use regularly: I made them form standard imperial Militia armed with whatever comes to hand, becuase they look quite Piratish and Pirates are rather Gipsic in appearence wink.gif

They works fine and are cheap, just remember they won't screen your stirgoi from CR so I usually keep my lord on one flank of themto counterhcarge where he's needed.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Strigoi General | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1047 seconds | Archive

The Blood Keep banner image is © copyright of Malface. The rank gifs are © copyright of Nicholas Kelsch. All other non invisionfree standard images are © copyright of Ardone. These images may not be used/copied without permission of the owner or without appropriate creditting.
This site is unofficial and uses Games Workshop trademarks under their given guidelines.