A Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts Community

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Blood Keep. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Today's Active Topics

Clarification On Challenges
MortisLegion
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 10:44 PM

Banshee

Group: Lahmian
Member No.: 1,239

I've taken over a wargames club almost 12 months ago and have been trying desperately trying to be "the all knowing one" as someone who is running a club should be, (I already know the rules for killing blow are on page 112... ohmy.gif )

However I was watching a game the boys were playing the other day and they were saying you can't accept a challenge or make one unless you are in base to base contact with the model that is going to accept/make the challenge. I thought this was a bit wrong because I was always led to believe that the characters would seek each other out in the cut and thrust of battle and thus being a challenge.

From what the rule book says, the "unit" has to be in base to base contact and that if you have someone that can make a challenge then you can use them to do so, as long as they are in the front line of the combat. Just after a clarification. As I imagine tactically, if you challenge an opponent, there's the chance of A: killing him, and B: taking him out of the main combat so he doesn't make a mess of your stock troops.
Razon
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 11:46 PM

Count

Group: Members
Member No.: 888

You are right. happy.gif
Both characters have to be in a fighting position in their units. That means, both characters have to be in btb with an enemy model, but not eachother.

Ie. a unit X is engaged in the front, and the rear. There is a character in the unit X. A unit Z that is in the rear has a champion. That champion can fight in a challenge with the character in unit X.

Another situation: unit X is engaged in the rear by Z. The character in X can't be in a challenge with the unit's Z champion, since there is no enemy in btb with the front rank of X.
MortisLegion
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 06:19 AM

Banshee

Group: Lahmian
Member No.: 1,239

Thanks heaps for that, really helpful biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Rules Questions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0950 seconds | Archive

The Blood Keep banner image is copyright of Malface. The rank gifs are copyright of Nicholas Kelsch. All other non invisionfree standard images are copyright of Ardone. These images may not be used/copied without permission of the owner or without appropriate creditting.
This site is unofficial and uses Games Workshop trademarks under their given guidelines.