Jagshemash! Welcome to TBB!

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Borat Board - The World's #1 Borat Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

THE BORAT BOARD

Rest in Peace

b. 24-08-2004

d. 24-08-2007

They sell-out to a Hollywoods. Those uzbeks will have anoos broken by giant from Turkmenistan.

Admin Kenty can be found here

MY REVIEW! (no spoilers), waaawaaweeewaaaa
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 01:21 AM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Group: Super Mods
Member No.: 242

HELL YEAH!

I just got home from the "Borat: cloafmbgnok" screening at the Haifa film festival.
Let me tell you this- thumbup1.gif .

This is my review, focusing on the atmosphere of the film rather then the content itslef. I write to you not as a journalist reviewing the film for the public, but as a TBB member writing to other borat fanatics.

So here is my reportings, chenkwee:

I got to the festival with a friend. Our first task was to find some parking, and being a Jew, I looked for free parking (no money needed).
We got about 30 mintues earlier so we had some beers, and discuseed Borat. On this time we realised that the screening was moved to the main hall (a f#cking huge place) as the original hall was sold out instantly once they announced the screening in the internet (I was qucik enough to buy 2 tickets in great spots).

We also realised that the place is packed with tons of celebreties. Every famous comdien in Israel was there. Everybody wanted to see "Borat: cloafmbgnok" and give him respect. We got to our seats and cracked some Borat jokes with the people around us.

When the film began, the audience went wild. Basiclly everybody was screaming. I understood that the public was aware of Borat and everybody were fans.

The film itself kicked ass. I don't want to talk about the content since there are enough spoilers already, but let me tell you few things. The film is hilourios both to Borat experts (like us) and to people who don't know him. There are certain jokes from the series that were remade and generally, I kinda knew whats coming up-next. I wasn't really surprised by the jokes yet they were very funny to me. But "do not need worry"- there are some completly new jokes- one scene is unforgetable, and may be the #1 Borat moment ever!

Another intersting thing is this: Borat actually speaks HEBREW in most of his dialogs. When he's speaking "Kazaki" it's actually clear and perfectly pronounced Hebew words, actually phrases. He just talks Hebrew. Not random words (like Jagshemesh Chenkwee and Jendobrie) but complete lines.
This ofcourse, thanks to SBC's perfect knowledge of Hebrew.
Moreover, there's a some special bonuses for Hebrew speakers since there are some jokes in the Hebrew itself (funny terms, defenitions and more).
Imagine the Israeli crowd get wild out of any Borat "Kazaki" sentence!
No doubt about it- people who know Hebrew get some extra content and humour out of this film.
As far as I know, I'm the first one in the world reporting that. TBB exclusice wink.png

Anyway, I had a balst. At the end of the screening, everybody gave standing clapping with hands. It is a brilliant movie.

Guys, you will NOT be disappointed. If not- Borat will crush you.

thumbup1.gif

Any comments?

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
In US and A, women CAN vote but horse CAN NOT!
Number Two Prostitute
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 09:18 AM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 965

Sounds good, but I can't speak jew-language cry.gif

--------------------
user posted image- Number 1 in sex in mouth - tight like a man's anus
WiCKiD
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 10:05 AM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

I indeed noticed that he spoke Hebrew (glshlgshlg), but what did Azamat speak?

--------------------
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 10:21 AM

Borat Police
Group Icon

That's a good question. I'm sure that like Borat- it was some kind of exsiting language. It would be too hard to come with so many Jibrish words... maybe Polish or something?
We should ask other TBB members to help us out. Maybe Primier WebMaster can brings this up to the main page of boratonline.co.uk.

Man, I was so impressed by SBC's Hebrew! Still can't believe it. He used such funny terms you know... when you see the film and see the English translation for Borat's dialogs, it's a simple translation from Hebrew to English...

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
Jegor
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 12:03 PM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

I could tell if it was Polish but I havent seen any screenings like you jews. However its only half of month left...

Are hebrew things translated?

--------------------
Казакхстанский милиция и омон

user posted image
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 12:28 PM

Borat Police
Group Icon

In the movie itself there are many scenes in which Borat speaks "Kazaki". As I said, it's Hebrew.

Since we had Hebrew subtitles in the screening, when Borat spoke Hebrew we could both read and hear it.

Again- these are not random words mixed together, but whole lines in Hebrew which are part of the script. When he has a conversation with Azamat Bagatov- Borat says what he wants in Hebrew.

Therefore- I'm sure that the Hebrew will be translated to the language of the location where the movies is shown.

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
milkrembo
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 09:52 PM

TBB Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 851

Oh my god! Now I'm really dying to see it! damn! that Hebrew speaking mother fucker.
And let me ask you this, what comedians were there?

--------------------
this a flying skatebord
user posted image
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 04:31 AM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Too many to list here,
Let me just say that Idan Allterman sat next to me and Kobi Oz was in front of me.

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
MarshalDa Webmaster
Posted: Oct 15 2006, 09:32 PM

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Webmaster
Member No.: 1

Danius - I put your review as a mini-news item on the home page - interesting stuff!

--------------------
Jagshemash, Pepsi Max!

The Webmaster

The Unofficial Borat Homepage | www.boratonline.co.uk
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 05:00 PM

Borat Police
Group Icon

GREAT SUCCESS!
Since my review went to BoratOnLine.co.uk home page, over 15 girls contacted me in request for sexy time!

I now 32nd famous man in Israel.

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
tarob
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 08:01 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,519

I am pretty sure that Azamat speaks romanian...
Almost all the secondary characters from the movie (supossedly kazakhi) are from poor parts of Romania.
Chenqui, Jendobrii
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 16 2006, 08:49 PM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Maybe,
But I think that they casted Azamat Bagatov by his looks rather then his language. If I'm not mistaken, there are no parts in which Azamat talks with native Kazakhs.

I assume he speaks the language he knows, like SBC who talks Hebrew.

We should check the biography of the actor playing Azamat, and try to figure it out.

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
AC_
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 02:51 PM

Borat Police
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

We're gonna need translations of the Hebrew after a while.

--------------------
user posted image
DaniusCaesar
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 04:28 PM

Borat Police
Group Icon

AC,
Read again what I've wrote-
I believe that the Hebrew will be translated anyway- since it contains parts of the scenario.

--------------------
======================
user posted image

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Member Legend

[ Webmaster | Borat Police | +Elite Member+ | Member | Uzbek Scum ]

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive