Lights out!

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Dark Forums (Lights Out!). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Scout of Salamandastron, First new game of '05
Slagar
Posted: Jun 16 2005, 07:10 AM

I QUIT!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

After a month or two of inconsistent progress, and about a week of non-stop toil, I've finally produced an update that people will actually care about: I've completed Scout of Salamandastron.

I won't bother providing a description of the game, since you can find one on the page I've linked to. And because I fear I may have become mildly delirious from the last-minute work I've been putting into the game late into tonight in order to prevent another two weeks of waiting for you guys. I will say, however, that I'm proud of my latest creation, and in terms of polish and cohesiveness I think SoS puts my other Redwall games to shame. (Which is especially remarkable when you consider that I initially meant for this game to be a minor distraction for fans while I worked on sequels to games I already knew people liked.)

So anyways, use this thread to discuss the new game. I'm especially interested in any bugs you're able to find in the game. I've playtested the game thoroughly, but players have a good bit of freedom to do things in the wrong ways this time around, which means that you might be able to screw things up using means I had never even imagined. I'll attempt to fix any bugs that are reported in this thread whenever I get back from the second part of my hiatus.

By the way, please do not complain that the game is too short. If you say that, then you're probably just not looking at SoS in the correct light.

*EDIT* ALSO, here are some TDF exclusive tips. Consider them my way of thanking you for actually signing up for this site's forums. Or at least checking this thread because it's linked to by the main page. Yeah.
  • Vermin cannot see all around themselves, just a certain length in front of them. Use this to your advantage.
  • If a fox sees you, and you slay it before its "surprised" animation is over, the rest of the vermin in the area won't take notice.
  • If you've done something that has prevented your victory in a level, and you don't care too much about your score, hit the "R" key. This will reset the level and subtract 500 points from your score. You won't lose a Continue, though.
Lyrian
Posted: Jun 17 2005, 11:13 PM

Dilatory Questor Extraordinaire

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Argh, it, like, requires precision and timing. And not the just-shoot-things modus operandi that I'm actually good at.

..otherwise it's cool.
Bigspike
Posted: Jun 23 2005, 06:17 PM

(insert custom member title here)

Member No.: 11

Okay, please help me. For some reason, my computer will not install the game, so I will be eternally grateful if someone installs it to a folder and emails me...Slagar, if this won't work, tell me.

On a lighter note, my internet host for Bigspike's Lair let me upload the movie! eek.gif
Slagar
Posted: Jun 30 2005, 11:47 AM

I QUIT!

Uhh, okay, I'm back now you guys, you can stop nefariously withholding any comments whatsoever on my account.

Come on, you guys! 2 replies after 2 weeks? After I finally delivered what everyone's always clamoring for? And after I posted a link to this thread on the main page of PSLAGAR? The advertisement thread I posted at Terrouge is mauling my own forum in the helpful feedback department...! Slagaremoti.gif

Oh well, at least nobody's complained about it being too short yet. ohwell.gif And you guys are beating the thread I made at TLPF. smokin.gif

Argh, it, like, requires precision and timing. And not the just-shoot-things modus operandi that I'm actually good at.

I thought it refreshingly different. It's, like, one of my games? But then you actually have to try.

Okay, please help me. For some reason, my computer will not install the game, so I will be eternally grateful if someone installs it to a folder and emails me...Slagar, if this won't work, tell me.

I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't help, actually. Anyways, provide more details or I won't be able to help you. Could you open the .zip file? If so, what happens when you try to open setup.exe?
Boar the Fighter
Posted: Jun 30 2005, 12:02 PM

Lantur = Shredded

Member No.: 2

Slags, I haven't been able to download the game because my laptop is away getting repaired. I can do whatever I want on my father's computer but apparently not download anymore files for some reason.

Bah.
Bigspike
Posted: Jun 30 2005, 08:07 PM

I can open the .zip file, but when I try go to setup.exe, it starts, then gives me an error emot-ssj.gif
Slagar
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 10:32 PM

I QUIT!

QUOTE (Bigspike @ Jun 30 2005, 03:07 PM)
I can open the .zip file, but when I try go to setup.exe, it starts, then gives me an error emot-ssj.gif

Again, I need more details. What sort of error?
Lyrian
Posted: Jul 2 2005, 03:23 AM

Dilatory Questor Extraordinaire

Member No.: 3

Aighsh... I am so horrifically, laughably pathetic at this game it's not even funny. Just as a frame of reference, I've seen level four approximately twice.

So... I doubt you'll be getting much input from this direction. Sorry.
Slagar
Posted: Jul 2 2005, 04:10 PM

I QUIT!

QUOTE (Lyrian @ Jul 1 2005, 10:23 PM)
Aighsh... I am so horrifically, laughably pathetic at this game it's not even funny. Just as a frame of reference, I've seen level four approximately twice.

You know the game has a Password system, right? So you can just use Level 4's password and access it whenever you want.

So... I doubt you'll be getting much input from this direction. Sorry.

Eh, don't worry about it. At least I'm getting some feedback, even if none of it's over here.
me, that is who i am...
  Posted: Jul 12 2005, 03:00 PM

Unregistered

i can't get past level eight! mad.gif i'm not really satisfied with the game, dunno why...
maybe it's cuz i suck and it's way too hard 4 me...
Bigspike
Posted: Jul 12 2005, 05:24 PM

Slags, nevermind smokin.gif I got it installed happy.gif
Ublaz
Posted: Aug 20 2005, 07:05 PM

Ask Slagar, page 12!

Member No.: 22

Ah, it's decently hard. As an aside note, has anyone else gotten the scrolls/5,000 points yet?
Predak
Posted: Aug 22 2005, 11:53 PM

Beware the Pine Martens!

Member No.: 19

I haven't, although I beat the game.

Hey Slagar, in one of the levels where you have to slash the gate to get to the blue oval, I accidentally dropped my sword before I could make a hole in it, and the sword dropped "down." Which is to say, ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE GATE. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to do that?
Ublaz
Posted: Aug 29 2005, 12:08 AM

Ask Slagar, page 12!

Member No.: 22

Go to the training part, and drop your sword somewhere unreachable. Then, do what it tells you.

Hope that helped! happy.gif
Kevin Thundershaft
Posted: Aug 30 2005, 02:04 PM

Unregistered

If you can't get past Level 8, there's a trick. Also there's a bug which you can use to your advantage.

The trick was found very amusing to my little brother. Grab the bow, shoot the fox, and then shoot the bell. Guess what happens? The bell sounds, and all the vermin turn to look at the bell, letting you get to the sword! Cool! smokin.gif

The bug was discovered by my cousin, who is REALLY good at this game. If you shoot the bow at a certain spot, the arrow goes to the center of the screen! eek.gif Then you shoot the ferrets, then shoot the rat on the LEFT, and run with the other rat chasing you so that the arrow is in the rat's path. When the rat hits the arrow, it kills him! eek.gif

Also, Slagar, did you draw that little Mega Man-looking-like Sagittarus that you see when you get to ??? I think it looks wierd. 0o.gif

Slagaremoti.gif Slagar rocks! Slagaremoti.gif
« Next Oldest | Project S.L.A.G.A.R. Talkback | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0813 seconds · Archive