I went to see Deathly Hallows Part 1 today.
1. OMG we see more Nagini. Too bad about Charity Burbage. I liked her in the one minute she was alive.
2. Aww...Hermione didn't just modify her parents' memories...She Obliviated them...Seeing her disappear from the family pictures was heart-rending.
3. Seven Potters scene.......WHOOT, WE SEE HIM TAKE IT ALL
OFF...almost...LoL at Fleur's, "Don't look at me, Bill. I'm 'ideous!"
5. HEDWIG, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
6. George is...Saintlike... (they actually kept that in!!! YAY!)
7. Ginny's still taller than Harry...
8. Ginny: Could you zip me up, Harry?
9. Kreacher not only brings Mundungus Fletcher to Grimmauld Place. He brings DOBBY!!!!
10. [while infiltrating the ministry]
Ron: My wife is all alone down there!
Hermione: Ron, you don't have a wife!
MaryCattermole: [kisses Ron, who still looks like Reg]
11. Ron gets splinched, and along with wearing the Horcrux, and watching Harry and Hermione plotting together
and it gives him PMS.
12. [while giving Harry a haircut]
Hermione:...Oh my GOD.
Harry: WHAT?! [instantly checks his head]
13. Ron: Screw you guys. I'm going HOME.
14. While listening to the radio one evening, Harry pulls the Horcrux offa Hermione and invites her to dance. And they do. Adorably. It's Harry's quiet way of saying, "It's okay. I'm still your friend, and I'm here for you!"
15. EEEWW, NAGINI WAS COMING OUT OF BATHILDA BAGSHOT'S MOUTH!!!
16. Harry gets down to his boxers as he's about to jump into the frozen river....NICE.
17. RON'S BACK!!!!!!
18. Holy........Riddle-Harry and Riddle-Hermione were making out....in the NUDE....It made me go "WTF?! But...it's HARRY and HERMIONE! MAKING OUT! NAKED!! IT'S LIKE....INCEST, IS WHAT IT IS!!" But it helped capture that part of the book well, and I FELT for Ron.
19. The real Hermione proceeds to throw stuff at Ron. And he tells her that the light from the Deluminator, powered by HER voice, flowed into his heart and let him find them again. Awwwwwwww...
20. TALE OF THE THREE BROTHERS WAS ANIMATED!!
21. Bellatrix carves 'mudblood' onto Hermione's arm....ouch.
22. DOBBY, NOOO!!!! T_T
23. Voldemort takes the Elder Wand and casts a spell into the sky...Credits roll.
Also, some deep thought from me on the canon pairings.
Ron/Hermione has become my favorite pairing in the story. It was developed well throughout the books, and just came to its greatest climax in 'Deathly Hallows.' Plus, Rupert Grint is smexy.
First off, I'm glad these two got together and had their kiddies. But I just felt it could have been much better developed in both the books and the films. I don't really have a problem with Ginny's character. She can't really be called a Mary-Sue just because she's got great strength and confidence.
It's called growing up and making a name for herself! She's had to do that all her life, growing up in a house full of boys, and especially after that disaster with the diary.
The last thing on Harry's mind is girls, keep in mind, so he can't exactly notice EVERY girl in the vicinity. Cho shows up and she seems like the greatest thing ever! Of course, she's all weepy for Cedric, so she's a DUD. Ginny, like most girls, has her share of boyfriends. That's not a bad thing, is it?
Then 'Half Blood Prince' comes out and Ginny and Harry practically FALL into each other's arms in a split second Not much development in that book other than Ginny telling him not to trust the Potions Book. They have the time of their lives for the rest of the year.
Of course, in 'Deathly Hallows,' they make out YET AGAIN, and after the Trio make a run for it, Harry doesn't really think about Ginny for about 200 pages, then for another 200 pages.
It's great that they ended up marrying, but so much is left to speculation, unlike Ron and Hermione's relationship. Of course, there's off-screen/page development before they marry, but none that makes sense to the readers.
I think Rowling was counting on that we, the readers, keep in mind that Ginny's always stood by him. Remember Dumbledore's Army? The Department of Mysteries? Gryffindor Quidditch Team? The Final Battle?
Ginny ending up with Neville would've been okay with me. (he ends up with Hannah Abbott. Not the nicest Hufflepuff around.)
Harry ending up with Luna would've also been...okay-ish. But she seems a bit too much for Harry to keep up with. He's pretty much grounded on earth and she's high above the clouds all the time.
Cho with Harry is NOT an option...
Parvati Patil...would have been nice had the Yule Ball not been such a fiasco...Oh my god, I just got ideas....O_O
Katie Bell. They were
teammates, but this, alas, had no romantic development.
Tonks.............too old for him.
Gabrielle Delacour...that one would've been interesting to see.
Moaning Myrtle. OH HELL NO!!!
Harry/Ginny is an okay canon pairing because it was pretty much expected...but it needed more development.