|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
| Welcome to The Great Deception. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 11:18 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-May 07
Contact: Press Secretary Michael Green
Press Conference to Announce Expansion of Zero Tolerance
Congressman John Culberson (R-TX) and Laredo Border Patrol Sector Chief Carlos Carrillo will hold a press conference this Friday to announce the expansion of a new zero tolerance policy towards illegal aliens.
Under this strict law enforcement policy, all people who illegally enter the United States in the Laredo Sector will be arrested and prosecuted in federal court for the crime of Entry Without Inspection (8 USC 1325). (See the law below)
Zero tolerance is already underway in the Del Rio sector through Operation Streamline. This common sense program is successfully deterring border crossings and has dramatically reduced illegal immigration.
The press conference will take place at the Laredo North Border Patrol Station at 11119 McPherson Road in Laredo, Texas at 10:00 a.m. CT. Representatives Henry Cuellar (D-TX) and Ciro Rodriguez (D-TX) are also expected to attend.
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 11:23 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-May 07
US Code Title 8 Section 1325(a)(1):
TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part VIII > § 1325Prev | Next § 1325. Improper entry by alien
(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who
(1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or
(2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or
(3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.