Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Deception. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

* Oil Storm - Docudrama Aired 6/5/05 2 1/2 Mths, Before Katrina hit Louisiana on 8/29/05
jofortruth
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 10:41 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Interview with Caroline Levy

Oil Storm is the docu-drama that predicts, with uncanny accuracy, that a category 4 hurricane would slam into Louisiana killing thousands, leaving the state underwater and cutting off America's oil supplies. We speak to producer Caroline Levy.

The drama predicts that a fictional Hurricane Julia would hit the US coast on Saturday 3rd September 2005. In fact, Katrina hit just five days earlier on Monday 29th August. With an American public angry at the government's lack of preparation and slow response, it poses an uncomfortable question: if a television programme could predict these events, why couldn't the American government? Catherine Levy, producer and co-writer of Oil Storm shares her thoughts.

The similarities between the effects of the fictional Hurricane Julia in Oil Storm and the real Katrina are remarkable. Are you psychic?!

No I really can't say I'm psychic! We did put in an awful lot of research though. We spoke to over 100 experts and it was slightly freaky to see so many things we'd calculated actually happen. The date was literally just a few days out. We predicted the category, the scale, how it would impact on the production of oil (our estimate that 80% of oil production would be affected was correct) and also that the price would go up to $70 a barrel (when we wrote it, it was only $40, so it was quite a leap.)

How did you feel as the enormity of Katrina became apparent?

I was completely weirded out by it. It was just bizarre watching the news and seeing the Mayor of New Orleans and reporters on CNN and NBC saying almost exactly the words we'd scripted! It felt very odd indeed. We'd been allowed to film our fictional scenario in the Emergency Preparedness Centre and I saw on the news the very same people we'd met there.

At the time of this interview the Gulf coast is bracing itself for category 5 Hurricane Rita. What do you think will happen differently this time?

I think a lot of lessons have been learnt. They're evacuating people now, in particular the sick, the elderly and those on low incomes. The problem is that if it stays category 5 there will undoubtedly be damage and lives lost. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has been begging Washington for more resources for months and the Bush administration have ignored them with the consequences we're seeing now. Bush is in a whole load of trouble right now.

In your film the fictional Hurricane Julia causes oil barrel prices to rise. Could Katrina bring about a US-wide recession due to this increase?

A number of industries have already been hit. Two or three airlines have already said they can't cope with the price increases. The trucking industry has also been affected and we're seeing boycotts and strikes. Alan Greenspan, US Federal Reserve Board Chairman, warned that the aftermath of Katrina would 'blow a hole in the American economy'. If Rita does severe damage to Houston [the heart of America's oil industry] then it may mean a deep recession... it's hard to tell.

There have been accusations of racial discrimination in the evacuation and rescue effort. Do you think these are justified?

Undoubtedly. It's very clear there's a divide between the affluent and the black and poor. You can see there's an underclass and they're literally pushed to the boundaries of the city. The hurricane has exposed deep and fundamental problems in US society and they have to ask themselves some hard questions.

You must have spent a lot of time in the States...

Yes, it took nine months to make the film and six of those months were spent in Texas, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Boston, New York, Chicago, Washington and Moscow. I bought a Mac with iChat [video conferencing software] so at the end of a hard day's filming I would log on and chat with all the family. It kept me sane. I have to say though I had great fun making the film. I met some extraordinary people, from senior diplomats to oil rig workers.

What's your background?

I was a journalist at the BBC for several years working on Newsnight, Correspondent and Rough Justice. I moved to Drama for four or five years, so Oil Storm utilised both my journalistic and dramatic backgrounds. I've worked on plenty of documentaries before but this is my first epic.

Finally, what would you say is the key message in Oil Storm?

It really explores America's reliance on oil. After a year long crisis in which oil prices have escalated and lives have radically changed you ask yourself are you going to get back in your Humvee and go back to life as it was, or will you have a rethink and start riding a bicycle? Without a doubt, hurricane or no hurricane there is a problem with oil and we need to prepare for it running out.
jofortruth
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 10:47 AM

Administrator

jofortruth
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 10:47 AM

Administrator

Port Fourchon in Louisiana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Fourchon,_Louisiana

Port of Houston: (A major port in the USA)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Houston

You might find this interesting - The Death of Roland Vincent Carnaby, Cia Agent Houston, April 30, 2008:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...?showtopic=5232
jofortruth
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 10:48 AM

Administrator

jofortruth
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 11:13 AM

Administrator

THIS IS DISINFO - This was not an Alex Jones Movie: (Look at info above)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXYJeBt7rko

This is the way disinfo works. You see the truth above about who really produced this docudrama! IT'S TIME TO WAKEUP PEOPLE AND START GETTING INFORMED AND READING BETWEEN THE LINES OF PROPAGANDA!
jofortruth
Posted: Aug 8 2009, 03:37 PM

Administrator

This is the way the elite operate. They tell us what they are going to do before they do it. However, they disguise it in some sick way in videos, book, media, whatever and then I guess they think that absolves them of their heinous deeds. Only a twisted mind could do such! nonono.gif

Here's another example: (Oklahoma City Bombing)
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...topic=5028&st=0

jofortruth
Posted: Oct 31 2009, 12:37 PM

Administrator

jofortruth
Posted: Oct 31 2009, 12:38 PM

Administrator

Lindsey Williams talked about this video Recently and it's significance:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...?showtopic=7453
jofortruth
Posted: Jan 21 2010, 11:44 AM

Administrator

Oil Storm Sisters - Katrina and Rita:
http://www.rense.com/general67/sis.htm
jofortruth
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 01:38 PM

Administrator

jofortruth
Posted: May 4 2010, 10:59 PM

Administrator

A Similar Thing happened before 911. Have you seen the X-files episode "The Lone Gunmen"?
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...opic=8308&st=0&
jofortruth
Posted: May 24 2010, 02:33 PM

Administrator

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Videos / Audio / Podcasts | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1023 seconds | Archive