Rules for The Great Outdoors BB Turkey Contest:
To be qualified for entry into the 2007 Turkey Contest, you must, be a registered member and thats it. No minimum post count.
1. All birds submitted must have been harvested within the rules and regulations of the state or province in which they were taken.
2. Teams will be chosen on March 7th at random.
3.The measurements of spur length, beard length and weight must be witnessed. Both the contestant and the witness must sign the submission form verifying the measurements as being correct. All measurements will be in standard English measurement units (Inches/pounds).
In addition, members will need to post a minimum of FOUR photos. Required will be photos of: BEARD… with legible ruler or tape measure included to show actual length, SPURS… also with legible measurement, COMPLETED SUBMISSION FORMS, and lastly, a wide angle photo of the successful HUNTER with the entire bird. One of the four photos MUST include a legible view of your completed 2007 turkey tag. If your local regulations do not require a tag, then write the date of kill on paper and include that in at least one photo. There will be a photo submission thread for this. It will include these instructions for posting the pictures.
If you are not able to submit you bird online, send Joe or ADjam5 a PM and we'll make arrangements to have it mailed and posted.
4. Scoring of the bird will be based on the NWTF scoring system which can be found at NWTF Calculator
Each contestant will be able to score one bird for the contest. You must enter your first bird taken for the season… even if you are allowed more than one.
5. Contest entries will be accepted from March 14, 2008 until June 14, 2008. Awards/prizes will be awarded to the winner(s) after the contest completion. A prize will be given to the hunter who shoots the biggest bird. Another prize will be given to the hunter who shoots the smallest bird. This way, if someone shoots a jake, they're sitll eligible to win something.
6. Failure to meet the terms of the contest and/or play by the rules set forth could result in the disqualification of any contestant or bird entry. Disqualifications are the sole judgment of the judges.
Good luck to all!!!
Here's the form:
The Great Outdoors BB Contest Form:
Copy & paste this form. Print it off and complete the form with your turkey's measurements and required signatures. Photograph the completed form and post it in The Great Outdoors Turkey Contest Submissions thread. Then include the other 3 required photos of you & your bird, your turkey's spurs and beard with a LEGIBLE ruler or tape measure in the picture. Include in at least one of the photos your completed 2007 turkey tag (or slip of paper with the date of the harvest). The turkey's measurements must be witnessed and co-signed by your witness at the bottom of this form. If you are not able to transfer photos to the internet, please PM Joe or ADjam5 and we will assist you in another way.
Forum Member: ___________________ Date of harvest: _______
Team Name: ___________________________________
Youth Hunter (17 or younger): Yes ______ No ______
Turkey Subspecies: _____________________
State/Province where taken: _____________
Beard Length ____________ inches
Spur Length [R] ____________ inches [L]_____________inches
Weight: ___________ pounds & ounces
”We certify that the measurements listed above are true & accurate.”
Forum Member: ___________________ Date:_______
Witnessed: _________________________ Date: _______