After listening to a few people I know brag about their .17's,I figured that I should get one.
Now that my dad just bought a house upstate adjacent to our private property, this summer we are going to be spending alot of time of there which means that we are going to be doing some varmint hunting. There are some woodchucks and red squirrels that need to be put to rest. We have plenty of .22's, but those aren't mine. I want a gun that I can call mine, a gun that I paid for. You know what I mean. So I figured I should ask you guys. I know there are a few of you .17 guys out there. Well, here goes:
1) Which is better a .17 HMR or a .17 HM2?
- I know that a .17 HM2 is a .22 shell necked down to take a .17 caliber bullet, but is there a difference besides that?
2) I want a bolt action gun that will last me. Which are some good brands to look at?
- I currently have no price range at all. Just under $300 works for me.
3) Why a .17 HMR or .17 HM2? Why do you guys prefer the .17 HMR or the .17 HM2?
Thanks in advance for your replies!