Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The List. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Chapter 3, The Big City
Justin
Posted: Nov 21 2007, 05:50 PM

Never knows best

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

"This'll be good."

Justin walked to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water.

"Obviously what you are about to tell me is pretty crazy. So what is it?"

He took a sip of his water. He hated the taste of water.

--------------------
user posted image
Troy
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 10:36 PM

Unregistered

"This'll be good." Jay said.

Justin walked to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water and turned towards Troy.

"Obviously what you are about to tell me is pretty crazy. So what is it?" Jay said.

Jay took a sip of his water.

Troy took a couple of relaxing breaths andd started."Okay, well, lately, wierd things have been happening... my shadow is doing things I think of, or even things I don't think of., shadows are moving, when there physical form, so to speak, hasn't......."
Ryan
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 05:05 AM

I'm heavier than I look.

Member No.: 6

"Ryan, we're pretty much....X-Men" Brandon said as he swept his card. Ryan laughed at this as they entered the room.

As they were walking in, Ryan strolled over to the window. He ooked outside and saw New York. The busy strrets, the bustle of people even when the time's nearing Mid-night, the crazy as hell taxy drivers.

"So Brandon," Ryan started before he could really stop himself, "with this...power of mine, ya think I could jump out this window without dying? Haha, that'd be something, being able to fly."

Ryan started to feel a familiar tingle in his head. He knew if he ignored it, it would become worse, even painful. "Hey brandon, I'm feeling.... tired... when the food gets here, could you wake me up please?"

Before Brandon could even say a word, Ryan was out cold.

--------------------
user posted image
Pat
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 02:23 PM

Sevu

Member No.: 8

After Eli came back Patrick had ordered and quietly ate in his little corner by himself. Thinking heavily on what has been happening to him. After dinner he decided to go and experiment with his powers, wanting to learn more about what he could do.

He started walking down the street and found an alley that extended out behind another building, completely hiding him from the view of the street.

Ok, so...I can heat things up with my thoughts, I can heat things up by touching them, and apparently I can't get burned...

He started concentrating on a near by bottle, and sure enough it slowly melted into a smoldering pile of goop. He did this a few more times to make sure he had everything down.

"Holy shit....this is amazing."

Just then he heard something behind him, frightened he spun around with a clench fist. Instinctual reaction for almost everone.

Turned out it was only a rat running across the alley, but when he looked down Patrick realized that his entire hand was on fire.

He looked at his hand, focusing on the flames that were dancing up his hand, no, coming out of his hand. He brought his hand closer to his face to inspect it further, and he felt the heat that was radiating from his, strong enough to melt metal. He focused harder, the flames rose, the heat increased. He turned his hand outward and focused this heat in on direction. He saw the heat ripples dancing through the air and a nearby garbage can caught fire. He also noticed when he did this, he was pushed back slightly. He was actually pushed (Or propelled) by this heat that had emitted from his own hand.

"No, I couldn't...."

But he had to try. He concentrated on his entire body, feeling the heat, the warmth through his entire body.

More.

His clothes started to smoke, and then caught fire. He concentrated harder, and his entire body burst into flames.

He looked down, amazed at what he was seeing.

"Ok....the real test...."

He closed his eyes and concentrated on his feet, pushing more energy out.

He opened his eyes and looked down. He was floating, or really hovering a few feet off the ground.

"HOLY SHIT I DID IT, I CAN FLY!"

At that moment, losing all concentration on what he was doing, Patrick went out and feel to the ground. Completely naked.

"Shit...."

I hope no one comes down here.....

--------------------
user posted image
Justin
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 06:28 PM

Never knows best

Member No.: 9

Jay thought of his powers after Troy stated his purpose for showing up so late.

It can't be...

"So... you have control over it?"

Can it?

"Show me."

--------------------
user posted image
Kyra
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 09:23 PM

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet."

Member No.: 11

"Hm. Well, I feel better." Kyra was sitting on the edge of her bed, towel-drying her hair. She glanced at the clock.

What is taking Troy so long? I need to talk to Jay.

She stood up and started to pace.

Pity we don't have ajoining rooms. What in the world are they talking about?! Suddenly she stopped pacing. She had seen a glass in the bathroom.

They don't have to know... She felt slightly guilty for easedropping, but her curiosity got the best of her. She grabbed her keycard and slipped out of the room. She put the glass against the door and listened.

Muffled, she could hear Troy talking: "...ings have been happening... my shadow is doing things I think of, or even things I don't think of., shadows are moving, when there physical form, so to speak, hasn't......." Kyra gasped, almost dropping the glass.

NO WAY! He can't...

Then she heard Jay speak. "So... you have control over it?"

A pause.

"Show me."

This time she did drop the glass. The carpet muffled the sound and kept it from breaking, but it still made a noticable thud.

Shit. Busted...?

--------------------
user posted image
Brandon
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 04:21 AM

Liberi Fatali

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

"Sure thing."

But before he could move, Ryan was already fast asleep. He laughed a little, always perplexed as to how the kid could fall asleep so fast. Shrugging it off, he walked across the room, and into the bathroom, looking into the mirror. He stared at himself, tilting his head to the left, and then the right. Grinning, and without much effort, he made an eye appear in the middle of his forehead.

At the sight of the third eyes, he started to laugh, and it faded away.

"That always cheers you up."
His heart skipped a beat.
"Who said that?"

Grin fading fast, he spun around to see who spoke. He peeked out of the door and into the room, looking at Ryan. Still asleep.

"Did I just imagine that?"

Pushing it from his mind, he turned off the bathroom light and slipped out of the room door, stopping as he noticed Kyra standing with a cup to Jay and Sean's door. Remaining silent, he lets the door close silently behind him, just standing there. Curiously, he creeps down the hall and stands behind her, grinning. Leaning over, he whispers in her ear.

"You know, thats called stalking."

--------------------
user posted image
Chelsea
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 07:09 AM

Protector

Member No.: 4

"Let the demonstration begin..."

...She was not aware how long or far she had run. She was not aware of where she had ended up, or where she was going to go from there. She found herself stopping in an alley, not out of choice, but out of the need to stop moving. She couldn't see because of crying, couldn't feel because she was out of shape and pushing herself physically, and couldn't think because of fear. What the hell had just happened? She sat shakily and tucked her knees into her chest so she could not feel the creeping odd sensation against the backs of them, and pressed her wrists and palms into the pavement, so she could not feel the same sensation there. Her stomach turned for reasons she could not put words too. She hated the way her face felt when she cried: wet and slimy and... ugh. She shivered and felt a wave of anxiety rising in her chest. Her clothes began to feel baggy, like they didn't fit right, like they always did when she had a panic attack. She pushed her hand into her sleeve and rubbed it over her face, which didn't really accomplish much other than to drag the tears across it and make more of a mess. Again: What the hell had happened? She took deep, gasping breaths, trying to grab a tiny piece of logic, so she had something to work with. She was having a hard time understanding much of anything, but she still knew some things. One thing was that she could not stay in this alley forever. So that meant she needed to find a place to stay. Where the hell else could she go in New York City? She took out her cell phone, and her tiny fingers fumbled over the keys. It felt funny in her hands, not like it usually did, and it was stressing her out. Every little movement was stressing her out. Her eyes flicked to the street, hoping to god she would not see him there. She did not. She turned back to her phone and browsed her contacts, looking for the name of someone who could come get her and bring her home. She only needed to get to B.

Brandon M. Weren't the drama kids here this weekend too? That's right. For a play? Right? Where were they staying? Could she go see them? Well, she needed to do something. Her fingers felt too small, and her eyes and head were killing her, but she did her best to shake it off as she rapidly pushed buttons and sent a text to Brandon.

You guys are in NYC too, right? If so, where?

Chelsea closed her phone and closed her eyes, wincing. Her head replayed that stranger's screams of pain and fright back to her over and over, and the look that had burned in Mike's eyes was burned into her thoughts. She shivered, waiting for her phone to vibrate a response, and for her chest to loosen up, and for her thoughts to go away.

--------------------
user posted image
Kyra
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 06:48 PM

Quickly she picks up the cup and puts it to the door again, listening for any sign that they had heard her.

"You know, thats called stalking."

Kyra jumped and turned around to see Brandon smiling at her.

"Shit Brandon! What the hell was that for!" She took a second to catch her breath then chuckled sheepishly. "Heh. Busted right?"

--------------------
user posted image
Troy
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 07:21 PM

Unregistered

"So... you have control over it?" Jay said after Troy explained his... "dilemma".

Jay had a surprised look on his face, as if he had heard this from some one already.

"Show me." Jay said quite quickly.

Troy heard a "Thud" from out side Jay's door, but ignored it.

"I'll try" Troy replied.

Troy focused all his thoughts on to His shadow.

Get up! Troy thought to himself.

Almost 6 seconds pass and nothing happens, then, Troy's shadow starts to move.

It stands, 3-demensional, again, next to Troy, mimicking his every move.
Brandon
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 09:24 PM

Liberi Fatali

He laughed a little, leaning back up against the wall behind him. The look on her face was priceless.

"Sorry, I just had to do it."

As he relaxes his back up against the wall, he looks to the door that Kyra had her ear to. Voices can be heard from the other side, but they are faint, and he can't understand a single word that is spoken. He looks back to Kyra, a little interested in what was going on in there.

"So...any reason why you are spying on them?"

Before she can answer him, his phone vibrates in his back pocket. Pushing off the wall, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the phone, opening it. It reads "New Text Message: Chelsea." Opening it, he reads the message. "You guys are in NYC too, right? If so, where?"

Surprised that it was a text from her, he types back. "Yeah. We're at the Kirby Plaza Hotel. Need me to come get you?"

Closing it, he slips it into his pocket, looking back towards Kyra.

"I hope it is something good."

--------------------
user posted image
Kyra
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 09:29 PM

"Uh..."

Shit. I can't tell him...

"Jay and I were talking, then Troy barged in. Jay said he'd come talk to be after. I couldn't figure out what was so damn important that Troy HAD to come tell him after midnight. My curiosity got the best of me..." Again, she chuckled sheepishly. "Ok, yea, that's a lame excuse. But it's the best I got..."

Shit shit shit.

"Who texted you? Isn't everyone in bed?"

Please get distracted. Please get distracted

--------------------
user posted image
Brandon
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 12:26 AM

Liberi Fatali

Just by how she was acting, he could tell something was up. But he wasn't about to pry it out of her. He pretended as if he really didn't care too much about what she was doing, or why she was in Jay's room so late at night.

"Oh. It was Chelsea Stearns. Just wanted to know where the hotel is."

As he said that, something at the other end of the hall caught his eye. His clone had just stepped out of the elevator with the pizza. Not sure what to do, he looked to Kyra real quickly, then back down the hall.

"I just remembered...I have something I have to get from the lobby."

He quickly ran past her and shoved the clone back into the elevator just in time for the doors to close, hoping Kyra saw nothing. He took the pizza box from his hands and made the clone vanish, riding the elevator back down to the lobby.

"Damnit, that was a close call..." he spoke to himself.

The doors slid open and he reached forward and pressed the button for the second floor again.

--------------------
user posted image
Chelsea
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 01:14 AM

Protector

Member No.: 4

Chelsea had tucked herself into the shadows in the alley, hoping no one would walk by, or see her. She closed her eyes and let her mind operate on the immature principle that if she could not see anything, nothing could see her. Bundled up in her too-big sweatshirt, she tried to make herself as small as possible, while she waited for a reply from Brandon. She did not have to wait long. Her phone vibrated.

"Yeah. We're at the Kirby Plaza Hotel. Need me to come get you?"

Chelsea didn't know where she was. Sure, she'd like Brandon to come help her, but how the hell would she find a way to meet him? She thought for a second, and realized that if she really thought about it, she could probably find her way back to that pizza place that she and Mike had eaten at... She texted Brandon back, and asked if he knew the name, and where to find it, and said if he did, she would meet him there.

--------------------
user posted image
Brandon
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 04:57 PM

Liberi Fatali

The doors to the elevator closed shut just as his phone vibrated once more. Balancing the pizza box on one hand, he reached into his pocket and removed the phone with the other. He opened it, reading Chelsea's response. Afterwards, he began typing.

"Yeah. Uh...I was just there, actually. Be there in a few minutes."

He looked to the pizza box as he put the phone back into his pocket. It was the name of the shop Chelsea had just said. The elevator doors opened again, and he stepped out, seeing Kyra in the hall. He smiled at he as he walked past, and swiped his card in the door to let himself in.

"Ryan, wake up."

He set the pizza onto the counter top and walked over to Ryan, shaking him.

"Pizza is here. Don't eat it all. I have to go out for a few minutes."

Turning, he walked over to his bed and picked up the dark blue zip-up hoodie from it, slipping it on and zipping it up. He put his swipe card into his pocket, and before Ryan could reply, he copied himself, the copy laying down on the bed.

"If anyone asks, I am sleeping."

Turning, he walked to the door and slipped out, walking past Kyra again.

"Happy spying."

He grinned at her and continued past, stepping into the elevator once more. It closed and when it opened up in the lobby, he didn't hesitate to step out before the doors were fully open. He hurried through the lobby and out the front door. He took a right turn and stepped onto the street. Remembering the path his clone took to get the pizza, he began down the streets, taking turn after turn. After about 5 minutes, he was standing outside of the pizza place. He took out his phone, texting.

"I'm here."

--------------------
user posted image
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0398 seconds · Archive