Check out the T3M Banner Archive!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Third Moon, the official forum for West Mansion: The Splatterhouse Homepage and The OPCFG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

9/10/14 - The fundraising campaign for the upcoming fanfilm Splatterhouse: Jennifer Smells of Rot has begun! Find out more about it in Fan Central! Also, Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman is still available, and you can buy a copy (paperback or eBook) at the official website. - Dire

Check out the latest activity on T3M here.

Altered Beast
Youneedme
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 02:13 AM

Replica

Group: Zombie
Member No.: 995

I realized the ALTERED BEAST arcade was released same year as SH (1988)

I can see a certain relation there...

Hero starts being a sort of "normal guy", then... dies? And then the game starts and he's thrown in a sort of "hellish place" where he must fight rotten zombies.

Also, from the "normal guy" from the start, he received an external power given by MASK/LIGHT BALLS wich transforms his body into an ultramuscled one.

So, could one of these two games inspired/influenced the other? (No idea wich came out first though) ... (Also, no idea if they could share common creators)

Dire 51
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 02:26 AM

Keeper of the Terror Mask
Group Icon

Group: Edgecrusher
Member No.: 1

Chances are they probably aren't related. I'm pretty sure both games were developed by in-house teams at both Namco and Sega (Team Shinobi was responsible for Altered Beast, IIRC), and I don't believe there was any cross-pollination between the two.

However, there are definitely similarities. In fact, I'd planned on doing a "similar games" feature on West Mansion for a while, but never got around to it. Altered Beast was on the list, as was Monster Party.
« Next Oldest | Splatterhouse Classic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2010 seconds | Archive